ARINC

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARINC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Communication was excellent prior to interview. Met with four people, two peers and two managers. Questions included "How many bits in a byte?", "How many bytes in a word?", "What does & following a command do in Unix when executing a process?" A tour of the operations was provided and the product I would be working on was introduced. When I asked "What would a typical day of work entail for me here?" nobody could really answer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred. Company was not interested in negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Interactive Interview

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and interviewed at ARINC.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely easy. After submitting my resume through LinkedIn, I received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I came in and interviewed with several people. I was offered the job a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Annapolis, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARINC in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted regarding the position by a Staffing Agency. The guy set me up with a phone interview with the Manager at ARINC. After the phone interview they wanted me to come for an onsite interview. In the meantime I was also asked to take an online personality and Quantitative and Reasoning test. On the day of the onsite interview, I was interviewed by the Manager and then by the Development and the Testing teams. The interview was mostly technical interview with questions about Python, Java, MySQL and the projects and experience that I had. The work culture seemed pretty good and the entire development team were in the same area. The only strange thing that they had no cubicles and the explanation given was that this was done for better communication.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Annapolis, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ARINC in March 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process consisted of three one on one interviews. The first two were with project leaders and the last was with the actual recruiter. Surprisingly, I was not asked any technical questions.
The office looks like a large cubicle farm and the poor lighting make it feel somewhat depressing but the people seem to be really nice. Make sure you have identification with you or you will not be allowed into the building.

Interview Question – What programming languages are you comfortable with? Are you experienced with Linux? Name two accomplishments that you are proud of. What type of work would you like to do?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARINC interview questions and advice in Annapolis, MD. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARINC employees and interview candidates.