ARINC

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARINC in March 2013.

Communication was excellent prior to interview. Met with four people, two peers and two managers. Questions included "How many bits in a byte?", "How many bytes in a word?", "What does & following a command do in Unix when executing a process?" A tour of the operations was provided and the product I would be working on was introduced. When I asked "What would a typical day of work entail for me here?" nobody could really answer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation occurred. Company was not interested in negotiating.

Interactive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online – interviewed at ARINC.

The interview process was extremely easy. After submitting my resume through LinkedIn, I received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I came in and interviewed with several people. I was offered the job a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARINC in June 2012.

I was contacted regarding the position by a Staffing Agency. The guy set me up with a phone interview with the Manager at ARINC. After the phone interview they wanted me to come for an onsite interview. In the meantime I was also asked to take an online personality and Quantitative and Reasoning test. On the day of the onsite interview, I was interviewed by the Manager and then by the Development and the Testing teams. The interview was mostly technical interview with questions about Python, Java, MySQL and the projects and experience that I had. The work culture seemed pretty good and the entire development team were in the same area. The only strange thing that they had no cubicles and the explanation given was that this was done for better communication.

Interview Questions
    • In Python what is List Comprehension?   View Answer
    • Which is more efficient during concatenation , a String class or a String Buffer class?   View Answer
    • What is Agile development?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARINC in March 2010.

My interview process consisted of three one on one interviews. The first two were with project leaders and the last was with the actual recruiter. Surprisingly, I was not asked any technical questions.
    The office looks like a large cubicle farm and the poor lighting make it feel somewhat depressing but the people seem to be really nice. Make sure you have identification with you or you will not be allowed into the building.

Interview Questions
    • What programming languages are you comfortable with? Are you experienced with Linux? Name two accomplishments that you are proud of. What type of work would you like to do?   Answer Question