ARINC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARINC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Communication was excellent prior to interview. Met with four people, two peers and two managers. Questions included "How many bits in a byte?", "How many bytes in a word?", "What does & following a command do in Unix when executing a process?" A tour of the operations was provided and the product I would be working on was introduced. When I asked "What would a typical day of work entail for me here?" nobody could really answer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred. Company was not interested in negotiating.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ARINC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 5 different people, including VP and Program Manager levels. Interview consisted primarily of personal interest and subject matter expert knowledge. No trick questions, but enough to fully explore capabilities. Obvious from interview questions that company expected candidate to be professional, self-starting, and ready to perform as expected with minimal guidance, training or handholding. Interviewees, from HR to VP were friendly and inviting, indicative of a pleasant work environment, which proved to be the case.

Interview Question – Last date and total number of government submissions as related to job requirement.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiation occurred, but offer was within expected range. Would have been better to know how company structured its salary ranges, but probably wouldn't have changed the outcome in this case.

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Intern - Software Engineer

Interviewed at ARINC

Interview Details – Applied online, within a week HR called to set up a phone interview. The interview was with a group of engineers who asked very technical questions. Overall it was a very hard interview.

Interview Question – Explain inheritance.   Answer Question

Communications Center Radio Operator Interview

Communications Center Radio Operator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARINC.

Interview Details – The Arinc Interview process is on a highly professional and refreshingly human level. Applied online, received an email asking for the best time for a phone interview, post interview contact by a recruiter for further information via an emailed questionnaire, then two follow up calls prior to visiting the facility, then a typing speed test. Once passed you take an in house automated personality evaluation. (untimed took about 40 mins)Then the in person interview which was stellar and very comfortable.

Interview Question – They are concerned you will not like shift work. If you come from prior experience this seems a little redundant. I'm sure it's an hr requirement to ask.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is a union position which is openly stated in the ad, the pay is higher than what is being offered for comparable positions these days. No negotiation of salary was requested.

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at ARINC in November 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter would contact you to schedule for security questions first.

Interview Question – security questions   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Interactive Interview

Interactive
Annapolis, MD

I applied online and interviewed at ARINC.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely easy. After submitting my resume through LinkedIn, I received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I came in and interviewed with several people. I was offered the job a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Annapolis, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARINC in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted regarding the position by a Staffing Agency. The guy set me up with a phone interview with the Manager at ARINC. After the phone interview they wanted me to come for an onsite interview. In the meantime I was also asked to take an online personality and Quantitative and Reasoning test. On the day of the onsite interview, I was interviewed by the Manager and then by the Development and the Testing teams. The interview was mostly technical interview with questions about Python, Java, MySQL and the projects and experience that I had. The work culture seemed pretty good and the entire development team were in the same area. The only strange thing that they had no cubicles and the explanation given was that this was done for better communication.

Interview Questions

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead
Marina del Rey, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARINC in December 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by both a 3rd party recruiter as well as an in-house recruiter that found my profile on LinkedIn. Did a phone interview with the recruiter and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, did an online assessment and then a webcam interview with the hiring manager and others.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions and walk through the background.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 1. compensation compared to cost of living in LA area.
2. contract to hire rather than direct hire
3. lack of relocation package

Very Easy Interview

Avionics Technician Interview

Avionics Technician
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ARINC in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager reverified what was listed on my resume. Asked me why I thought I would be a good fit for the position, and then spent ten minutes telling me about the company, the facility, and the duties of the job. Then he said that he would submit my name to their HR department so that they can send me an offer of employment.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non- Existent. When offered a job the HR rep will offer you a speciffic dollar amount. If you try to negotiate the offer you are told that you can "take it or leave it."

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Annapolis, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ARINC in March 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process consisted of three one on one interviews. The first two were with project leaders and the last was with the actual recruiter. Surprisingly, I was not asked any technical questions.
The office looks like a large cubicle farm and the poor lighting make it feel somewhat depressing but the people seem to be really nice. Make sure you have identification with you or you will not be allowed into the building.

Interview Question – What programming languages are you comfortable with? Are you experienced with Linux? Name two accomplishments that you are proud of. What type of work would you like to do?   Answer Question

Worked for ARINC? Contribute to the Community!