ARM Holdings

3.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Design Automation Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in November 2014.

I applied through ARM website and received communication within a month.
    First round was a telephonic screening. It involved basic questions related to VLSI Layout, Scripting, Current projects and work experience.

I got invitation for an onsite interview within a week of telephonic interview.
    There were 4 one-to-one interviews. Most of the questions were fundamentals of VLSI like, operation of inverter, timing analysis, logical effort, performance, SRAMs, Euler Paths, Transistor level schematic, layout - comparison of different input ordering based on performance, transistor folding and stack folding.

Finally there was a conversation with HR to wind up the entire process.
    They gave me their response the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Limitation of number of pins on the input of a gate, even if it is FinFET where stacking effect is absent.   View Answer

Graduate Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2014.

Got onsite interview right after a phone interview in less than a week. Four interview in a day, and only last a day. It was an ARM field day. Interesting talks about the company in the morning. One interview in the morning, three in the afternoon. Questions are all pretty easy as long as you review the basics.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

It's a ARM draft day. On that day, there were about 20 candidates. In the morning, they introduced a lot about the company, the product, the benefit. Then everyone had 4 interviews from noon to afternoon. The interviews are not very easy, more than what I learn in the course. But interviewer are nice and will give you the hint to answer the question.

Oct 8, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review regarding your experience on ARM Draft Day. If there's anything you feel that we could have done to make the interview experience better, please do not hesitate to let us ... More

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

After a telephonic interview , there were 4 face to face interviews on the same day. Each interview was based on clocking, STA basics. There were questions on languages like verilog , tcl , perl etc. And one of them was at a circuit level based on the gate level structures of basic circuits.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on clocking in a SOC really requires some clear fundamentals   Answer Question

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in March 2014.

I'd applied online for the position and got a call after 2 months. There was a two hour phone screen by two senior design engineers which consisted of basic digital VLSI questions like logical effort, impact of scaling, types of power, crosstalk issues and some basic questions on number system conversions. A week later, I was invited for an onsite interview at Austin which consisted of 7 rounds of 1:1 interview including an HR round. I felt the interviews covered almost all the aspects of ASIC design flow ranging from RTL coding to layout. Overall, the questions were mostly basic stuffs from timing(setup/hold), verilog coding, IR drop issues, clock tree synthesis, placement, routing etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions on clock tree where you have to come up with a possible design solution in order to keep the clock latency low.   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! Regarding the interview details, what would you have changed to make the process more streamlined?

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARM Holdings in August 2013.

Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter for availability. A phone screen (after 2 days from the email), and then an onsite (After a week) and heard about the status after a month from the onsite interview. Interview is tough and have to know fundamentals good enough to crack it. All white boarding for all the 7 interviews on the same day except during lunch interview. Interviewers were well prepared and very friendly. Overall, after the interview I left with a good experience.

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! If there's anything about the process you think we can improve on, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Standard Cell Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2013.

2-3 phone interviews. Applied online and through an employee referral. Got an interview call through referral. All communication will be through recruiter. This team wanted to fill the position fast so the process was completed at a fast pace. Both the interviews were done within days and got the offer on the same day as last interview. If you pass the phone interviews, you will be extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic and related to VLSI and MOS fundamentals. As it was standard cell position, they asked on MOS basics, inverter characteristics, multiplexers and stuff. More focus was on I-V and DC characteristics. A few questions on my resume and related projects. Also asked about relevant software tools and how much I was comfortable with it. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a bit. But I didn't negotiate as I felt the offer to be pretty decent.

Patent Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in July 2012.

1 interview scheduled with HR manager after 15 days of submitting online application. Some typical simple behavioral questions in it. Later, after a week, another interview was scheduled with the hiring manager who asked questions about computer architecture and projects done from resume.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ARM Holdings in December 2011.

Ask questions based on Cmos circuits design , Sram and other circuit questions. Transistor level.

Standard Cell Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2011.

I had applied online, got a call after a few weeks for the position, after the phone interview, got invited to on site interview.