ARM Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Standard Cell Design Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied online, got a call after a few weeks for the position, after the phone interview, got invited to on site interview.

Interview Question – How would I improve my published paper?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Olympia, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2012.

Interview Details – Expect to perform your knowledge of web development on the spot. You meet with a minimum of three people, one of whom will test your knowledge. You will have to write HTML on a white board and predict code on an existing website. The process is otherwise standard, list your best and worst qualities, etc.

Interview Question – The quizzing of archaic coding methods was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then on-campus interview. Final round was an on-site interview which was a "draft day" consisting of about 20 college seniors applying for graduate positions. Began with team-based "presentations" (4 candidates to a team; each team observed by 1-2 engineers). 4 one-hour interviews, along with lunch and dinner and 2 informational sessions. Interviews were all technical, with different members of the Verification team. One interviewer was very rude, texted throughout my interview, and did not offer his hand to shake at the end of the interview

Interview Question – Write a program that will sort a list of e-mails by domain.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at ARM Holdings

Interview Details – Telephonic interviews back to back

Interview Question – They literally play with basics. Expect lot of twistings in timing violations, synthesis, OCV and low power.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They accepted my intent.

Product Usage Analyst Interview

Interviewed at ARM Holdings

Interview Details – I came into ARM as a contractor for 1.5 years. I was brought in by a friend who was to be my manager. She knew me well and that my customer service background was just the right fit for her team and the project they were launching. Because my employment was actually with the temporary service company, there was little in the way of a formal interview. When a permanent position was opened I was given an offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – How would I persuade people who didn't want to perform their reporting task to comply?   Answer Question

Patent Intern Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview scheduled with HR manager after 15 days of submitting online application. Some typical simple behavioral questions in it. Later, after a week, another interview was scheduled with the hiring manager who asked questions about computer architecture and projects done from resume.

Interview Question – none at such.   Answer Question

IP Modeling Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARM Holdings in July 2012.

Interview Details – I got an Email for setting up a phone interview. I arranged it tomrrow mornning 10AM.
The other morning 10AM, I got a call from a lady. And she asked many simple questions:such as which kinds of lib would I use, set up and hold time. She was a nich lady and confirm my answer was correct. Then she told me I will get a follow up Email. After that phone interview, I have heared nothing from ARM anymore.

Interview Question – None, all the questions were simple, nothing about technology   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ARM Holdings in December 2011.

Interview Details – Ask questions based on Cmos circuits design , Sram and other circuit questions. Transistor level.

Interview Questions

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in July 2011.

Interview Details – Overall Interview process was smooth and informative. People are nice and asked various ques regarding Comp Arch, Multi-Core issues, Validation Concepts, C, C++ etc

Interview Question – C++ related Questions   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at ARM Holdings in November 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed more interested in learning about current employer than filling a position.

Interview Question – STA, crosstalk, floor planning.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ARM Holdings

Worked for ARM Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARM Holdings interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARM Holdings employees and interview candidates.