ARM Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.1

Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

Applied online to the website, and received an email from HR a few weeks later. HR responded with an email about setting up an interview. 1 hour long call with 30 minutes per team , two interviewers per team. During the interview, the interviewers were really nice, friendly, and helpful. They were encouraging and prepared, ready to ask and answer questions.

Interview Questions

• The first team I interviewed with asked about: Computer architecture basics: Pipelines, branching and hazards, and hardware-based computer organization themed questions. The questions were along the lines of: 1) Tell me about the performance implications of a deep pipeline. 2) What do "volatile" and "virtual" mean in programming? 3) Define RISC vs. CISC differences. They also asked questions on course work in progress, completed, and projects listed on my resume. The second interview team was more behavioral, asking questions about projects and coding experiences.   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARM Holdings (Telephone, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Stock linkedin advertisment for position, half an hour telephone call for initial interview covering the compant set up, the exsisting staff the location of staff and the expected interface of the new role. The exsisting technical status of product on offer and the issues of the product and the way it was currently being sold.

Interview Questions

ARM Holdings Response

Jun 29, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview. If there is any additional items you feel we can do to improve the interview experience, please do fill out the survey form that should have been sent ... More

Graduate Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARM Holdings (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by HR within a day. Had one phone interview followed by four onsite interviews. All interviews were extremely technical. Interviewers were very friendly and encouraging. HR was very responsive and followed-up quickly. Overall, the team was inspiring and I had a very positive experience. I look forward meeting the team again in the near future !

Application

Interview

Applied on ARM website in March 2015. Got call from recruiter in April 3rd week. Interview was scheduled on 30 April 2015 with Senior Architect. Interviewer was impatient. Always wanting to hurry up. He would not listen or wait till answer was completed. Didn't describe about team or job. Directly went to questions. Only one question regarding cache. Everything else was software related. 1. Work experience 2. Cache basics 3. Data Structure 4. String manipulation 5. Debugging C code - Profiling It lasted for 20 minutes. Very bad experience. No greetings. He lacked basic courtesy or etiquette of telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• How data is taken from main memory and put into cache?   Answer Question
    • What data structure has to be used to store large data in arrays and to retrieve it quickly?   Answer Question
    • I have millions of lines of C code across hundreds of files. Its running slowly. How to debug it?   Answer Question

May 28, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review on your interview experience, though I apologize that you did not have a positive one. We do hold training for hiring managers on how to proper interview etiquette ... More

QA Software Engineering Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, onsite interview first with two managers and then with HR. The HR representative was pleasant and professional, but not particularly engaging. Of the two managers, one was engaged and asked questions, the other didn't ask much. The questions were relatively softball and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What I like to do outside of my studies   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between verification and validation?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ARM Holdings (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job, and a received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in working in the Plano office. After that I was scheduled for a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was scheduled to be an hour long, but only lasted 10-15 minutes. After the interview, the recruiter emailed me saying they were interested in a second interview at their office (Their company policy mandates that the interview and hiring process is handled by the recruiter so most of my communication was through the recruiter). The second interview lasted two hours. I was first interviewed by the office manager, and then I was interviewed by one of the application engineers. All of the technical questions were asked by the application engineer. However, the questions were more about my resume and what I had worked and was familiar with more than questions testing my knowledge. A couple of days after the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me they thought the interview went well, and decided to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you struggled with a project, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What interests me? What would I want to work on during my time here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think there was an opportunity to negotiate some of the terms of the offer, but I was very happy with the original offer so I accepted it immediately.

Memory Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARM Holdings (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a phone interview. First i did a self introduction. Then some questions related to the resume were asked. some questions seemed not very common but fair to answer.

Interview Questions

ARM Holdings Response

Mar 31, 2015 – Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview experience! We encourage you to continue looking through our open positions and applying for any roles you feel qualified for. Thanks, -Rick C ... More

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

Asked me lots of technical questions, and describe my work in school. Then proceeded to make sure I got all my questions answered. make sure to ask a lot of questions so they know you are interested.

Physical Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

first arrange time for the phone interview over email. the interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. the interview is basically based on my resume. questions are related to the details about my projects, including concepts and software I used. in addition, they asked some questions about linux commands, perl syntax, etc

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARM Holdings (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume at a job fair. Got email to apply online. After applying online, got email for the first interview. First was a non-technical interview. Just discussing my research. Had the second interview a few weeks later. It was a fairly technical interview about architecture, program execution, optimizations, etc. After about a week, got the offer over phone. Got the formal letter after verbally accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What limits the size of cache?   1 Answer