ARM Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings (Telephone, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Stock linkedin advertisment for position, half an hour telephone call for initial interview covering the compant set up, the exsisting staff the location of staff and the expected interface of the new role. The exsisting technical status of product on offer and the issues of the product and the way it was currently being sold.

Interview Questions

ARM Holdings Response

Jun 29, 2015Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview. If there is any additional items you feel we can do to improve the interview experience, please do fill out the survey form that should have been sent ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on ARM website in March 2015. Got call from recruiter in April 3rd week. Interview was scheduled on 30 April 2015 with Senior Architect. Interviewer was impatient. Always wanting to hurry up. He would not listen or wait till answer was completed. Didn't describe about team or job. Directly went to questions. Only one question regarding cache. Everything else was software related.
    1. Work experience
    2. Cache basics
    3. Data Structure
    4. String manipulation
    5. Debugging C code - Profiling

It lasted for 20 minutes. Very bad experience. No greetings. He lacked basic courtesy or etiquette of telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• How data is taken from main memory and put into cache?   Answer Question
    • What data structure has to be used to store large data in arrays and to retrieve it quickly?   Answer Question
    • I have millions of lines of C code across hundreds of files. Its running slowly. How to debug it?   Answer Question

May 28, 2015Social Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review on your interview experience, though I apologize that you did not have a positive one.

We do hold training for hiring managers on how to proper interview etiquette
    ... More

QA Software Engineering Placement Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, onsite interview first with two managers and then with HR.

The HR representative was pleasant and professional, but not particularly engaging. Of the two managers, one was engaged and asked questions, the other didn't ask much. The questions were relatively softball and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What I like to do outside of my studies   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between verification and validation?   1 Answer

Memory Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ARM Holdings (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a phone interview. First i did a self introduction. Then some questions related to the resume were asked. some questions seemed not very common but fair to answer.

Interview Questions

ARM Holdings Response

Mar 31, 2015Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your interview experience!

We encourage you to continue looking through our open positions and applying for any roles you feel qualified for.

Thanks,
    -Rick C
    ... More

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

Asked me lots of technical questions, and describe my work in school. Then proceeded to make sure I got all my questions answered. make sure to ask a lot of questions so they know you are interested.

Physical Design Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

first arrange time for the phone interview over email. the interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. the interview is basically based on my resume. questions are related to the details about my projects, including concepts and software I used. in addition, they asked some questions about linux commands, perl syntax, etc

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I received an email from HR to schedule phone interview.
    He asked me questions based on my research experience and academic background.
    He mentioned that he is looking for someone with extensive programming skills.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on my personal academic experience and they were basic questions like what i did in particular project.   Answer Question

Interview

Started with a phone interview which went very well and then on-site. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview questions were based on basic electronics, inverter characteristics, logical effort, stick diagrams, euler paths, place and route, some programming. The job role is diverse and hence, interesting

Graduate Design Automation Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through ARM website and received communication within a month.
    First round was a telephonic screening. It involved basic questions related to VLSI Layout, Scripting, Current projects and work experience.

I got invitation for an onsite interview within a week of telephonic interview.
    There were 4 one-to-one interviews. Most of the questions were fundamentals of VLSI like, operation of inverter, timing analysis, logical effort, performance, SRAMs, Euler Paths, Transistor level schematic, layout - comparison of different input ordering based on performance, transistor folding and stack folding.

Finally there was a conversation with HR to wind up the entire process.
    They gave me their response the next day.

Interview Questions

• Limitation of number of pins on the input of a gate, even if it is FinFET where stacking effect is absent.   1 Answer

Graduate Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Got onsite interview right after a phone interview in less than a week. Four interview in a day, and only last a day. It was an ARM field day. Interesting talks about the company in the morning. One interview in the morning, three in the afternoon. Questions are all pretty easy as long as you review the basics.