ARM Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.2

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ARM Holdings in August 2013.

Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter for availability. A phone screen (after 2 days from the email), and then an onsite (After a week) and heard about the status after a month from the onsite interview. Interview is tough and have to know fundamentals good enough to crack it. All white boarding for all the 7 interviews on the same day except during lunch interview. Interviewers were well prepared and very friendly. Overall, after the interview I left with a good experience.

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! If there's anything about the process you think we can improve on, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings.

four stages - phone, person to person, group and final decision interview with Sr Mgt. Focused on past experience, knowledge of the industry, preferred work environment and some questions designed to trip you up.

Interview Questions
    They have a fromula they use to determine salary. Offer is competitive but on the low end. They also have stock options, 1 mo sabbatical every 4 years and bonuses

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in March 2014.

I'd applied online for the position and got a call after 2 months. There was a two hour phone screen by two senior design engineers which consisted of basic digital VLSI questions like logical effort, impact of scaling, types of power, crosstalk issues and some basic questions on number system conversions. A week later, I was invited for an onsite interview at Austin which consisted of 7 rounds of 1:1 interview including an HR round. I felt the interviews covered almost all the aspects of ASIC design flow ranging from RTL coding to layout. Overall, the questions were mostly basic stuffs from timing(setup/hold), verilog coding, IR drop issues, clock tree synthesis, placement, routing etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions on clock tree where you have to come up with a possible design solution in order to keep the clock latency low.   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! Regarding the interview details, what would you have changed to make the process more streamlined?

Standard Cell Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2013.

2-3 phone interviews. Applied online and through an employee referral. Got an interview call through referral. All communication will be through recruiter. This team wanted to fill the position fast so the process was completed at a fast pace. Both the interviews were done within days and got the offer on the same day as last interview. If you pass the phone interviews, you will be extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic and related to VLSI and MOS fundamentals. As it was standard cell position, they asked on MOS basics, inverter characteristics, multiplexers and stuff. More focus was on I-V and DC characteristics. A few questions on my resume and related projects. Also asked about relevant software tools and how much I was comfortable with it. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a bit. But I didn't negotiate as I felt the offer to be pretty decent.

Compliance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a year or more - interviewed at ARM Holdings in December 2010.

Initially was hired as a contractor through agency, 2 week assignment laster a year and a half. Moved out of country for two years. They requested me back. Worked as contractor for another 3 years before they finally offered me a full time permanent position.

Don't cut yourself short regarding pay.

Design Engineer Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite with 6 people. All the rounds were technical except one round which was HR. The interview questions were on architecture, algorithms and programming. It also included assembly programming. There was a lunch interview as well. It took two weeks to communicate the result.

Standard Cell Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2011.

I had applied online, got a call after a few weeks for the position, after the phone interview, got invited to on site interview.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2012.

Expect to perform your knowledge of web development on the spot. You meet with a minimum of three people, one of whom will test your knowledge. You will have to write HTML on a white board and predict code on an existing website. The process is otherwise standard, list your best and worst qualities, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The quizzing of archaic coding methods was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Phone interview, then on-campus interview. Final round was an on-site interview which was a "draft day" consisting of about 20 college seniors applying for graduate positions. Began with team-based "presentations" (4 candidates to a team; each team observed by 1-2 engineers). 4 one-hour interviews, along with lunch and dinner and 2 informational sessions. Interviews were all technical, with different members of the Verification team. One interviewer was very rude, texted throughout my interview, and did not offer his hand to shake at the end of the interview

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that will sort a list of e-mails by domain.   View Answer

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with your interview process. Other than the one interviewer you mentioned, how did you feel about the rest of the interviewers and the interview ... More

Engineering Intern Interview

Telephonic interviews back to back

Interview Questions
    • They literally play with basics. Expect lot of twistings in timing violations, synthesis, OCV and low power.   Answer Question
    Not much. They accepted my intent.

Worked for ARM Holdings? Contribute to the Community!