ARM Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.2

QA Software Engineering Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Phone interview with HR, onsite interview first with two managers and then with HR.

The HR representative was pleasant and professional, but not particularly engaging. Of the two managers, one was engaged and asked questions, the other didn't ask much. The questions were relatively softball and not very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What I like to do outside of my studies   View Answer
    • Do you know the difference between verification and validation?   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Asked me lots of technical questions, and describe my work in school. Then proceeded to make sure I got all my questions answered. make sure to ask a lot of questions so they know you are interested.

Physical Design Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

first arrange time for the phone interview over email. the interview lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. the interview is basically based on my resume. questions are related to the details about my projects, including concepts and software I used. in addition, they asked some questions about linux commands, perl syntax, etc

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I received an email from HR to schedule phone interview.
    He asked me questions based on my research experience and academic background.
    He mentioned that he is looking for someone with extensive programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based on my personal academic experience and they were basic questions like what i did in particular project.   Answer Question

Design Automation Engineer Interview

Started with a phone interview which went very well and then on-site. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview questions were based on basic electronics, inverter characteristics, logical effort, stick diagrams, euler paths, place and route, some programming. The job role is diverse and hence, interesting

Graduate Design Automation Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in November 2014.

I applied through ARM website and received communication within a month.
    First round was a telephonic screening. It involved basic questions related to VLSI Layout, Scripting, Current projects and work experience.

I got invitation for an onsite interview within a week of telephonic interview.
    There were 4 one-to-one interviews. Most of the questions were fundamentals of VLSI like, operation of inverter, timing analysis, logical effort, performance, SRAMs, Euler Paths, Transistor level schematic, layout - comparison of different input ordering based on performance, transistor folding and stack folding.

Finally there was a conversation with HR to wind up the entire process.
    They gave me their response the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Limitation of number of pins on the input of a gate, even if it is FinFET where stacking effect is absent.   View Answer

Graduate Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2014.

Got onsite interview right after a phone interview in less than a week. Four interview in a day, and only last a day. It was an ARM field day. Interesting talks about the company in the morning. One interview in the morning, three in the afternoon. Questions are all pretty easy as long as you review the basics.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

It's a ARM draft day. On that day, there were about 20 candidates. In the morning, they introduced a lot about the company, the product, the benefit. Then everyone had 4 interviews from noon to afternoon. The interviews are not very easy, more than what I learn in the course. But interviewer are nice and will give you the hint to answer the question.

ARM Holdings Response

Oct 8, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review regarding your experience on ARM Draft Day. If there's anything you feel that we could have done to make the interview experience better, please do not hesitate to let us ... More

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

After a telephonic interview , there were 4 face to face interviews on the same day. Each interview was based on clocking, STA basics. There were questions on languages like verilog , tcl , perl etc. And one of them was at a circuit level based on the gate level structures of basic circuits.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on clocking in a SOC really requires some clear fundamentals   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

applied on university career fair, got a phone call on the same day, one day later was the campus interview. 1:1 interview about basic skills and background in computer architecture and CMOS.

Interview Questions
    • cache, MSI, pipeline, CMOS basics, C++ basics, interrupt   Answer Question