ARM Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ARM Holdings in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter for availability. A phone screen (after 2 days from the email), and then an onsite (After a week) and heard about the status after a month from the onsite interview. Interview is tough and have to know fundamentals good enough to crack it. All white boarding for all the 7 interviews on the same day except during lunch interview. Interviewers were well prepared and very friendly. Overall, after the interview I left with a good experience.

Interview Question – Timing related questions. Design questions   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview Details – four stages - phone, person to person, group and final decision interview with Sr Mgt. Focused on past experience, knowledge of the industry, preferred work environment and some questions designed to trip you up.

Interview Question – In your mind what is ARM failing at?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a fromula they use to determine salary. Offer is competitive but on the low end. They also have stock options, 1 mo sabbatical every 4 years and bonuses

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Graduate Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in March 2014.

Interview Details – I'd applied online for the position and got a call after 2 months. There was a two hour phone screen by two senior design engineers which consisted of basic digital VLSI questions like logical effort, impact of scaling, types of power, crosstalk issues and some basic questions on number system conversions. A week later, I was invited for an onsite interview at Austin which consisted of 7 rounds of 1:1 interview including an HR round. I felt the interviews covered almost all the aspects of ASIC design flow ranging from RTL coding to layout. Overall, the questions were mostly basic stuffs from timing(setup/hold), verilog coding, IR drop issues, clock tree synthesis, placement, routing etc.

Interview Question – Some questions on clock tree where you have to come up with a possible design solution in order to keep the clock latency low.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Standard Cell Design Interview

Standard Cell Design
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2-3 phone interviews. Applied online and through an employee referral. Got an interview call through referral. All communication will be through recruiter. This team wanted to fill the position fast so the process was completed at a fast pace. Both the interviews were done within days and got the offer on the same day as last interview. If you pass the phone interviews, you will be extended the offer.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty basic and related to VLSI and MOS fundamentals. As it was standard cell position, they asked on MOS basics, inverter characteristics, multiplexers and stuff. More focus was on I-V and DC characteristics. A few questions on my resume and related projects. Also asked about relevant software tools and how much I was comfortable with it. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate a bit. But I didn't negotiate as I felt the offer to be pretty decent.

Compliance Assistant Interview

Compliance Assistant
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a year or more - interviewed at ARM Holdings in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initially was hired as a contractor through agency, 2 week assignment laster a year and a half. Moved out of country for two years. They requested me back. Worked as contractor for another 3 years before they finally offered me a full time permanent position.

Negotiation Details – Don't cut yourself short regarding pay.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

Interviewed at ARM Holdings

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by onsite with 6 people. All the rounds were technical except one round which was HR. The interview questions were on architecture, algorithms and programming. It also included assembly programming. There was a lunch interview as well. It took two weeks to communicate the result.

Interview Question – Cache design   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Standard Cell Design Engineer Interview

Standard Cell Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied online, got a call after a few weeks for the position, after the phone interview, got invited to on site interview.

Interview Question – How would I improve my published paper?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Olympia, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARM Holdings in May 2012.

Interview Details – Expect to perform your knowledge of web development on the spot. You meet with a minimum of three people, one of whom will test your knowledge. You will have to write HTML on a white board and predict code on an existing website. The process is otherwise standard, list your best and worst qualities, etc.

Interview Question – The quizzing of archaic coding methods was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then on-campus interview. Final round was an on-site interview which was a "draft day" consisting of about 20 college seniors applying for graduate positions. Began with team-based "presentations" (4 candidates to a team; each team observed by 1-2 engineers). 4 one-hour interviews, along with lunch and dinner and 2 informational sessions. Interviews were all technical, with different members of the Verification team. One interviewer was very rude, texted throughout my interview, and did not offer his hand to shake at the end of the interview

Interview Question – Write a program that will sort a list of e-mails by domain.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

Interviewed at ARM Holdings

Interview Details – Telephonic interviews back to back

Interview Question – They literally play with basics. Expect lot of twistings in timing violations, synthesis, OCV and low power.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They accepted my intent.

Worked for ARM Holdings? Contribute to the Community!