ARM Holdings

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I received an email from HR to schedule phone interview.
    He asked me questions based on my research experience and academic background.
    He mentioned that he is looking for someone with extensive programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based on my personal academic experience and they were basic questions like what i did in particular project.   Answer Question

Design Automation Engineer Interview

Started with a phone interview which went very well and then on-site. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview questions were based on basic electronics, inverter characteristics, logical effort, stick diagrams, euler paths, place and route, some programming. The job role is diverse and hence, interesting

Graduate Design Automation Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in November 2014.

I applied through ARM website and received communication within a month.
    First round was a telephonic screening. It involved basic questions related to VLSI Layout, Scripting, Current projects and work experience.

I got invitation for an onsite interview within a week of telephonic interview.
    There were 4 one-to-one interviews. Most of the questions were fundamentals of VLSI like, operation of inverter, timing analysis, logical effort, performance, SRAMs, Euler Paths, Transistor level schematic, layout - comparison of different input ordering based on performance, transistor folding and stack folding.

Finally there was a conversation with HR to wind up the entire process.
    They gave me their response the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Limitation of number of pins on the input of a gate, even if it is FinFET where stacking effect is absent.   View Answer

Graduate Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in October 2014.

Got onsite interview right after a phone interview in less than a week. Four interview in a day, and only last a day. It was an ARM field day. Interesting talks about the company in the morning. One interview in the morning, three in the afternoon. Questions are all pretty easy as long as you review the basics.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

It's a ARM draft day. On that day, there were about 20 candidates. In the morning, they introduced a lot about the company, the product, the benefit. Then everyone had 4 interviews from noon to afternoon. The interviews are not very easy, more than what I learn in the course. But interviewer are nice and will give you the hint to answer the question.

ARM Holdings Response

Oct 8, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving a review regarding your experience on ARM Draft Day. If there's anything you feel that we could have done to make the interview experience better, please do not hesitate to let us ... More

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in September 2014.

After a telephonic interview , there were 4 face to face interviews on the same day. Each interview was based on clocking, STA basics. There were questions on languages like verilog , tcl , perl etc. And one of them was at a circuit level based on the gate level structures of basic circuits.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on clocking in a SOC really requires some clear fundamentals   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings.

four stages - phone, person to person, group and final decision interview with Sr Mgt. Focused on past experience, knowledge of the industry, preferred work environment and some questions designed to trip you up.

Interview Questions
    They have a fromula they use to determine salary. Offer is competitive but on the low end. They also have stock options, 1 mo sabbatical every 4 years and bonuses

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in June 2014.

Single phone call. A lot of basic computer architecture and programming questions, such as "what are the two ways you can pass data to a function". If you get through a high-level computer architecture course, it should be smooth-sailing through the interview.

Design Engineer Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite with 6 people. All the rounds were technical except one round which was HR. The interview questions were on architecture, algorithms and programming. It also included assembly programming. There was a lunch interview as well. It took two weeks to communicate the result.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARM Holdings in March 2014.

I'd applied online for the position and got a call after 2 months. There was a two hour phone screen by two senior design engineers which consisted of basic digital VLSI questions like logical effort, impact of scaling, types of power, crosstalk issues and some basic questions on number system conversions. A week later, I was invited for an onsite interview at Austin which consisted of 7 rounds of 1:1 interview including an HR round. I felt the interviews covered almost all the aspects of ASIC design flow ranging from RTL coding to layout. Overall, the questions were mostly basic stuffs from timing(setup/hold), verilog coding, IR drop issues, clock tree synthesis, placement, routing etc.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions on clock tree where you have to come up with a possible design solution in order to keep the clock latency low.   Answer Question

ARM Holdings Response

Aug 11, 2014Social Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review! Regarding the interview details, what would you have changed to make the process more streamlined?