ARM Holdings Software Engineer Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in February 2013.

I was referred by internal people from ARM Cambridge, and a telephone interview was scheduled on early February. The interview was quite informal, by only one ARM fellow leading the future technologies (?) team in the processor division. We mainly discussed some of my PhD work (memory hierarchy architectures) listed in my CV.

Interview Questions
  • No really harsh questions - mostly open questions on manycore processor memory subsystems design/optimizations.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ARM Holdings

1 round phone interview and on-site

Interview Questions
    • Asked everything in resume, how to use SVN/CVS, how to run a test case, simple data structure problems such as sorting complexity, during the phone interview.
      Rejected the on-site invitation coz getting another offer.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ARM Holdings in January 2012.

I received an invitation to a phone interview 2 months after applying. Phone interview was very simple.
    Assessment center in Cambridge consisted of two group exercises and a 1:1 interview on Compilers, the GNU toolchain and computer architecture. Received an offer one month after that

Interview Questions
    • What is a processor pipeline, what hazards can you describe?   Answer Question
    • Generate assembly code for an if-then-else statement and explain how to rewrite it using conditional execution (predication) and compare performances   Answer Question
    I didn't do any negotiating

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ARM Holdings in March 2010.

3 rounds. 1st round general discussion about CV and projects.2nd round was a C test with some basic problems and a problem to program. 3rd interview was a technical discussion based on the test.

Interview Questions
    • Programming a complex problem on paper was difficult for me. Think thoroughly before starting on paper.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARM Holdings in January 2010.

There was a posting by the staffing agency about the job requirement at ARM holding on linkedin.. I responded to that requirement... And then the recruiter from staffing agency contacted me, breifed me about the job profile, and sought my cv for forwarding to arm.. My cv got shotlisted and telephonic technical interview was scheduled with ARM hiring manager... following were few discussion points during the interview..
    1 The Manager briefed me about job requirement, ..
    2 He asked me to expain the Projects and the skill sets projected in the CV
    3. and then he peppered me with few technical C++ questions
         a) what is the key word "static" mean
         b) what is the key word "Virtual" mean
         c) what does the compiler translate this keywords
    4. further He wanted to understand the reason for change,
    5. He asked my willingness to relocate and my expected salary
    6. he said that he would get back to me with a face to face interview schedule...

However for some reason, i did not hear anything from ARM about the face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • what is the keyword "static" mean in C++?   Answer Question
    • what is the keyword "virtual" mean in C++? and what does the compiler do when it encounters virtual functions?   Answer Question

Worked for ARM Holdings? Contribute to the Community!