ARMA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARMA (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter submitted my resume to the technical team and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone screen. Soon after the phone screen, a face to face interview was scheduled. The entire process was not managed well due to the recruiters lack of communications skills. The face to face interview was held in public location not in an office or private setting.

I terminated the process after if appears that I was overqualified for the position. The interviewers used a lot of buzz words and product names but when I pressed them on details their technology inexperience really showed.

Probally one of least professional interview processes I have been though in my career. There were typically red flags, poor communication, due dilgence, interview conducted in public environment and no contact with any company or customer principals. My advice is avoid this company until these issues are corrected.

Interview Questions

• What technologies I used, how long. Most of the technical questions were driven from my end.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at ARMA.

Interview

Asked me about my background and that was it. No real technical questions. So it was fairly easy. And now i need to just keep typing until i have 30 words because the system requires it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call number shuffle game.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Interview

Got headhunted by them; they needed a cert that I had for a proposal they were putting together. We agreed on a salary number; they submitted my resume as one of the key personnel. Months later they won the bid, then whaddya know, my salary numbers were suddenly too high. I reluctantly agreed to a much lower number since the customer was a very desirable place to work. Months went by but never got to start thanks to administrative incompetence. Person who interviewed me also left in frustration over similar situation. Avoid.

Interview Questions

• SSO asked me during the clearance transfer process if I could call my national guard unit from a decade earlier and get them to change a few things on my clearance work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Agreed to a salary number before the bid was submitted for the contract, but once they won the bid, they lowballed me. I suspect a bait and switch occurred and would not be surprised if government is not getting the people they thought they were getting. Communication overall was horrible. Never should have wasted my time.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARMA.

Interview

I was contacted by telephone; I was asked some questions about my background and experience. Where they planned to place me as well as pay and benefits was discussed. A follow on with the VP was arranged -but they never contacted me again. I thought I had received an offer. There is no box below for accepted the offer but the company reneged.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Actually there was none. They won the contract and we were absorbed by them.

Negotiation

N/A

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Great interview and smooth hiring process.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult questions. Based on experience. Not too technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

smooth and easy.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARMA (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

After a lengthy interview and reviewing my extensive experience in IT, this company concluded the interview with, "...you must have just learned your development skills because the Army doesn't breed developers..."

Really? An Army focused company is not only going to call a fellow soldier a liar, but basically call all soldiers stupid?

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ARMA (Tampa, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

They only hire their friends. Good ole boy network. The hire employees from the former contracts as consultants and prey on the employees of the current contractor. Totally unacceptable.

Negotiation

There was none. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ARMA (Tampa, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Quick process but will interview w/ at least 3 individuals

Interview Questions

Negotiation

like any other company

Contractor/Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ARMA (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in September 2010.

Interview

The company looks at the individual for the job position. Military experience is the key requirement. The more years of experience and the rank you held while on active duty or reserves is a plus. The company looks for contracts with the US government. The interview process is very simple and easy. The key is how you present yourself and the type of experience you have for the position you apply for.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is how you present yourself to the company. They are very friendly folks. Don't try to fool the company of your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well the salary is set when you are hired for a job working for the government. The company doesn't have much of a range with the amount you are paid.