ARRIS

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Product Strategy Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARRIS in December 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with various members of the team as well as senior managers of adjacent teams and senior execs

Interview Question – how could you contribute to the company's success?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ARRIS in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was already well acquainted with the person doing my interview. We discussed my job history and the various tasks I performed at my last position. We talked about the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for and since I was already well acquainted with the technology that was implemented there were no gotchas.

In summary a very informal interview process for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem you recently solved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they made was acceptable. I did not try to squeeze them too much.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARRIS in September 2008.

Interview Details – Was hired as the result of contract-to-hire.
Interview process was typical. But that would vary by internal group.

Interview Question – How would you solve the 8 chess queens problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because I was contract-to-hire, the agency knew what they could ask.
I got $52/hr

Engineering Interview

Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ARRIS in January 2009.

Interview Details – Originally applied for the job and recieved a response very soon after applying. Initial phone screen went well, but then they went silent for many weeks. After a follow-up phone interview and in person meeting with the recruiter, more delays occurred until a series of in person interviews took place.

The in person interviews consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews and included one video conference. The people were all nice, but it was difficult getting a true sense of the environment.

Other than the length of time the whole process took, and the long periods of silence in between, the interview process went well.

Interview Question – If you had 3 questions to ask senior management, what would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate due to the tight economic environment.

Engineering Interview

Beaverton, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at ARRIS in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 5 people, including director. The interview also included a presentation. 2 of the 5 interviewers asked deep technical questions, others focused on past experience.

Interview Question – what do you think is your weakness   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They made an offer, but this was less than what I would be making elsewhere, and they were inflexible with compensation. So I refused.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ARRIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARRIS interview questions and advice in Beaverton, OR. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARRIS employees and interview candidates.