ARRIS Interview Questions in Beaverton, OR

2.6

Director, Product Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Meet with various members of the team as well as senior managers of adjacent teams and senior execs

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in January 2009.

Interview

Originally applied for the job and recieved a response very soon after applying. Initial phone screen went well, but then they went silent for many weeks. After a follow-up phone interview and in person meeting with the recruiter, more delays occurred until a series of in person interviews took place. The in person interviews consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews and included one video conference. The people were all nice, but it was difficult getting a true sense of the environment. Other than the length of time the whole process took, and the long periods of silence in between, the interview process went well.

Interview Questions

• If you had 3 questions to ask senior management, what would they be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited ability to negotiate due to the tight economic environment.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in September 2008.

Interview

Was hired as the result of contract-to-hire. Interview process was typical. But that would vary by internal group.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve the 8 chess queens problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because I was contract-to-hire, the agency knew what they could ask. I got $52/hr

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in September 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 people, including director. The interview also included a presentation. 2 of the 5 interviewers asked deep technical questions, others focused on past experience.

Interview Questions

• what do you think is your weakness   1 Answer

They made an offer, but this was less than what I would be making elsewhere, and they were inflexible with compensation. So I refused.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ARRIS (Beaverton, OR) in May 2008.

Interview

I was already well acquainted with the person doing my interview. We discussed my job history and the various tasks I performed at my last position. We talked about the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for and since I was already well acquainted with the technology that was implemented there were no gotchas. In summary a very informal interview process for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer they made was acceptable. I did not try to squeeze them too much.