ARRIS

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARRIS in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were based on resume and my work and the company's work.

Interview Question – He asked me question which I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at ARRIS

Interview Details – It was mainly on Linux.They wanted a Linux guy.

Interview Question – Commands on Linux   Answer Question

Process Improvement Lead Interview

Process Improvement Lead
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARRIS in April 2010.

Interview Details – I answered an advertisement through Monster and got called by someone in Human Resources. They asked about 4 or 5 generic questions and then asked if I could come in for an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was set up within one week and the hiring manager was great. She was a PhD holder in chemistry and one of the organizations top Six Sigma Master Black Belts. Very sharp woman. She had me interview with several employees in her department and asked a lot of questions about my experience in process improvement. I got an offer letter within one week, accepted and started a week after that.

Interview Question – Please describe the most difficult Six Sigma project you have ever done, and how you managed it to completion?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The over was very good and I negotiated an extra week of vacation. That went smoothly and was not a real issue.

Advanced Technology Intern Interview

Advanced Technology Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARRIS in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview in which i was interviewed by 4 people in a phone conference. They grilled me on various aspects about my prior work experience, stuff that i had put up on my resume, my areas of interests and areas on which their team works, which is data analytics primarily.

Interview Question – I was asked various questions on SQL, types of joins, aggregate functions, indexing, DataWarehousing, star and snowflake schema, how i would go about designing a data warehouse, then some basic algorithms questions like sorting and their time complexities, then was also asked some basic web development questions like what a developer would have to keep in mind while developing a web app (sticky sessions)   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Offered $32/hour, i did negotiate but don't think that mattered but was worth a try

HW Intern Interview

HW Intern

Interviewed at ARRIS

Interview Details – appied online

Interview Question – tell me sth about cad tools based on your understanding   Answer Question

Staff Principal Software Engineer Interview

Staff Principal Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ARRIS in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with in-house recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager. Was invited for on-site interview. Met with hiring manager and several potential colleagues. Interviews were thorough and respectful, and questions ran a full gamut.

Interview Question – One interviewer was the primary "technical" interviewer, where he probed as deeply as he could, not only with my resume and experience, but also with all sorts of embedded real-time system questions. They were challenging, but fair. Good interviewer, and that segment moved very quickly.   Answer Question

Director, Product Strategy Interview

Director, Product Strategy
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARRIS in December 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with various members of the team as well as senior managers of adjacent teams and senior execs

Interview Question – how could you contribute to the company's success?   Answer Question

Deployment Engineer Interview

Deployment Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARRIS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hired via website monster.com, email and phone call interviews. Originally asked basic network and wiring questions from a contract hiring agent before having phone interviews with the hiring manager(s) and then the senior network engineer.

Interview Question – If I was able to travel up to 100% of the time, since previous experience had no travel other to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ARRIS was short on time to hire so the negotiation at the time took less than a week.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Suwanee, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ARRIS in March 2013.

Interview Details – easy interview, asked a few questions about my experience. seems like a great place to work and expand my skillset

Interview Question – What would i NOT want to do as a systems admin   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ARRIS in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was already well acquainted with the person doing my interview. We discussed my job history and the various tasks I performed at my last position. We talked about the responsibilities of the position I was interviewing for and since I was already well acquainted with the technology that was implemented there were no gotchas.

In summary a very informal interview process for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem you recently solved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they made was acceptable. I did not try to squeeze them too much.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ARRIS? Contribute to the Community!

ARRIS Videos

ARRIS – Why Work for Us?

ARRIS is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. We have continually worked with our customers to transform the experience of entertainment and communications for millions of people across the world… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ARRIS interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by ARRIS employees and interview candidates.