ARS Rescue Rooter Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
9 interviews

2.4

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in July 2014.

I showed up for my interview earlier than my time agreed-upon and they made me wait like another half hour after I was already supposed to be in the interview. Then a panel of three people came into the interview and asked me about my experience. I told him fully about my experience basically went over my resume with them. They asked me some scenario questions and how I would respond one person like my response and was nodding her head and saying yes that's what I would've said. The other two just kept giving me dirty looks. I found out later through a reliable source that after the interview they don't even know me but were already saying he's full of crap and talking really bad about me. If this is how they treat people who don't even work for them yet I would be afraid to work for them and see how they treat me as their employee. Or even worse one of their customers.

Dispatch Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in March 2012.

Interview was cool and laid back. Really just talked about back ground on my resume. After a few days I was called and offered a job.

I would ask for more pay or not take the job.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in January 2014.

Met ARS recruiters at a Career Fair. Received a call 2 weeks later. Set up an interview for the next week. Basic interview questions - "what would you do if you went to a party and didn't know anyone?" type of stuff. No knowledge of HVAC systems needed. Got hired on the spot.

Fill out employee information sheet, attend training the next day.

Regional Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in April 2010.

I was brought in once and met with 3 different levels of management. They were kind and accommodating but were hesitant to provide details unless directly asked. Upon asking, I was given the information I asked and a good comfort level as well. I received a call within 3 hours with an offer.

Lead Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in May 2013.

It was a very professional and down to the main topics of what makes the position hiring for. It was very comfortable for me as they made me feel great and respected for my experience and the possible qualifications to fill the position interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Was able to work full time and plus hours to finish projects given?   View Answer
    I would do my best to my abilities to succeed on this position since I had not done residential work in over 10 years.

Lead Generator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in August 2013.

I received a call from a gentleman from the company and we discussed what the duties of the specific job title includes and he asked me if it still sounded like something I would be interested in and of course my answer was yes. He said he had a couple more calls to make and he would call me back to schedule a day to go fill out an actual application (I had sent a resume already) and to have an interview. The interview took quite a while as we had a big discussion on my responsibilities and it was a pretty professional interview as we talked about nearly everything. They then sent me to get a drug screen and sent in papers for a background check. It took them about a week before calling me to tell me I got the job. I went in to fill out paperwork and get my uniform and I started the next day.

Commercial Account Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter.

The interview process was very lengthy. I believe there were a total of 4 interviews. 1 being over the phone. Once hired everything was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions
    • They basically asked to relate my experience to different situations.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. I was told what was being offered from the get go.

General Manager-ARS SAN Diego Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in December 2012.

The hiring process was very expedited. I applied via the company website and then received a call the next day from the Regional General Manager who was very professional and very straight forward about the opportunity. We set up an interview the following week, where I interview with Colin (Regional General)and the Vice-President of the local operation. Overall, I felt the interview process was very good and professional as I met with them for about 1.6 hours. Within two weeks after interviewing other candidates, they did go in a different direction. However, the General Manager was very candid and open about the process and followed up with me anytime I contacted him, which is very rare in the interview process. I wish ARS the best.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard and served more as information purposes.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ARS Rescue Rooter in January 2007.

The hiring and interview process stretched out tediously long - - far more than any position for which I've every applied. The first interview was in early January 2007 for 1:30 pm. At that time the hiring manager left me waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes and then came out to briefly say hello, shake my hand, and grab their car keys stating that they had to "run a quick errand" but that I could ask for someone in the HR department to talk to me while I waited "if I liked". This was by now at 2:00 pm and I learned later that the hiring manager ran out for a late lunch and didn't return until 3:00 pm.

The HR manager who was willing to talk to me as I waited was wonderful - but a little perplexed as to why they had a job candidate waiting in their office until the hiring manager returned. They talked to me for a while making small talk - then they let me read brochures about the company. I had already completed the application form - so they went over that to make certain it was filled out properly. Almost 1.5 hours after the scheduled time I finally met with the department Director and we talked for 45 minutes. At the end of our first meeting the Director told me they would be back in touch "soon".

They were "back in touch soon" - some 4 weeks later - primarily because my Recruiter stayed on top of the situation and helped get a 2nd interview scheduled for mid-February. At that time I met with the Director (again) and this time also with the head of HR, the VP of another department, plus two managers and an assistant who reported to the Director (6 interviews in all). The process took an entire afternoon.

I had to let myself out of the office as everyone had gone for the day (it was 6:30 pm).

After this there was no follow up or feedback until again my Recruiter kept the wheels turning and finally secured a third interview for me - again with the Director this time for late March.

At this third meeting we basically went over agan all he information we had covered in the first two interviews. At the end of the hour long session the Director again said that they would "be in touch soon".

Feeling that we were close to a final decision, the Recruiter and I both stayed in contact with the company on a regular basis. However, the Director told us that as a FINAL "test" I would be required to write an 8-10 page report on how to improve the project for which I would be responsible if chosen for the Manager position. I was also told that there were several other candidates doing the same type report and that they would select the "winner" based on the best ideas presented.

Highly motivated - I worked on this project for several days and put together my best and most innovative ideas - knowing full-well the information might be taken without my being selected for the job. However, by now I was determined to see this to the end and I was very proud of the information I produced for them.

The report appeared to go nowhere until the end of April at which point I was suddenly asked to come into the corporate office the following afternoon to be interviewed by the Executive Management Team.

I go there early for my meeting - but I was held up by the Director saying they weren't quite ready to see me. After noticing the Director running back and forth from their office to the copier several times in a frantic mood I asked if I could assist then and they said that they couldn't print a copy of my resume for the Executive Management Team to use in our meeting.

Fortunately I had printed several copies of both my resume and my recommendations for improving the project. Therefore after a full 15 minute delay (in which time the Executive Management Team was kept waiting in he Board Room) - I was finally allowed to go in and talk with them without the Director joining us.

I found that I had a great rapport with the Executive Management Team. They are wonderful people and excellent managers with a strong track record of success. After all the seemingly unnecessary delays from January to late April - following my afternoon meeting with the CEO and COO I received a job offer from ARS extended to me the next morning and I started my new Manager's position in May 2007.

NOTE: This is fortunately NOT typical of most other departments in this company.

Interview Questions
    Very little ability to negotiate as we had to use all the power we had to simply keep the interview process going. The good news is that apparently many of the other candidates were not willing to hold on for four months.

Due to that fact - we were able to negotiate vacation days up front and HR stepped in to make the hiring manager provide a quarterly bonus as part of the pay package. Unfortunately the exact amount was never stipulated in the offer letter although I had been told in the last interview it would be 20%.

Make sure you get this in writing up front - as believing the Director would honor their verbal committment was not a wise decision.

When the first bonus check arrived in August I received only 1/3rd of what it should have been and the bonus rate was only 15% rather than 20%. When I asked why this was the response was - "sorry, we couldn't do more since you're so new" (I'd been there for 4 months).

From my experience this is NOT typical of other areas of the company.

Worked for ARS Rescue Rooter? Contribute to the Community!