ASB Bank Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASB Bank.

I first had brief phone interview, asking basic questions, eg, my previous work history etc, phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes, I remember, then they said they will get back in contact with me once they make a decision, then about an hour later I think, the branch manager called me back and offered a proper interview. I felt that the interview went very well, the branch manager(now a regional manager) and two other managers(?) were at the interview, overall, people were very kind and interview wasn't as difficult as I would have thought.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to see how I would handle a difficult customer, so asked what was the worst customer experience I had, I was nervous and my mind went blank, but I managed to think of something. Also they asked how well I knew about the company, luckily I had done a thorough job on the company background, was able to give a good answer.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Officer Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by branch manager interview which consists of general questions such as why you are applying for etc, to see your character to meet the position, especially as this is customer facing role.

Interview Questions
    • Why you are applying for the position and what makes you a good customer officers sort of questions.   Answer Question

AML Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

interviewed at ASB Bank in February 2012.

Conducted a voice-call interview initially with a HR Manager then the potential line Manager. Nothing about the culture struck me as materially different from other Aust-NZ banks. When I queried salaries/packages I was informed that the NZ salaries were materially lower than Aust ie I should anticipate a lower salary relative to what I would get within Australia.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging aspect of implementing a AML/CTF compliance programme?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASB Bank in May 2010.

Apply online, ASB send you an email confirming if your application was succesfull or not. If yes you will be sent an online skills test that you have to complete in 30 mins. You will be tested on different areas such as accounting, finance, customer service, general (easy questions). Submit your answers and will be contacted within next few days. Succesful applicant will be called on the phone to have a second (phone) interview...Interviewer is friendly and helpfull, questions are not that hard and easy to answer., Just be positive and please smile as interviewer can feel that you are happy, bubly, smily person and that is what every employer would like to see in their staff

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASB Bank in May 2010.

The recruiter was swift and professional. I was kept informed as the days passed as to what was happening, when intereviews would start etc. When I was interviewed, it was with the Manager and their 1up manager so I was talking to the people that mattered right away.
    The interview was detailed, both managers knew their stuff and were not afraid to test me. I appreciated the approach but won't lie to you - it was tough.
    Pleanty of dialongue and lots of opportunity for me to comment and ask my own questions. They were open and honest about answering difficult questions I put to them too.
    Great experience all round. I knew the job was right for me when the offer came though (one of the benefits of a great interview).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you have fundamentally disagreed with your managers decision or approach. How did you handle it? What action did you take? What was the result?   Answer Question
    Negociation was minimal. An offer went down and it was clearly explained that it was unlikely to change. Sounds bullish on their part but we had discussed what I was looking for and what they could pay at the interview so there were no surprises here and the result was amicable.

Senior Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

interviewed at ASB Bank in January 2010.

Competency based questions, nothing out of the ordinary