ASB Bank

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Specialist Interview

Systems Specialist
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASB Bank in May 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was swift and professional. I was kept informed as the days passed as to what was happening, when intereviews would start etc. When I was interviewed, it was with the Manager and their 1up manager so I was talking to the people that mattered right away.
The interview was detailed, both managers knew their stuff and were not afraid to test me. I appreciated the approach but won't lie to you - it was tough.
Pleanty of dialongue and lots of opportunity for me to comment and ask my own questions. They were open and honest about answering difficult questions I put to them too.
Great experience all round. I knew the job was right for me when the offer came though (one of the benefits of a great interview).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you have fundamentally disagreed with your managers decision or approach. How did you handle it? What action did you take? What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negociation was minimal. An offer went down and it was clearly explained that it was unlikely to change. Sounds bullish on their part but we had discussed what I was looking for and what they could pay at the interview so there were no surprises here and the result was amicable.

Worked for ASB Bank? Contribute to the Community!