ASC Process Systems Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at ASC Process Systems

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASC Process Systems.

I was called by the HR manager. She interviewed me over the phone and asked a number of questions about my current job, my expectations, any limitations, and asked what my salary expectation was. After the interview she scheduled me for a face-to-face interview. When I arrived at ASC I filled out some paperwork and then met the Engineering Supervisor. He as a nice guy and asked about my skills. Because much of the job is design, he focused on SolidWorks and Inventor. ASC utilizes Inventor, but they're happy to have anyone with good solid-modeling background. I did have good experience in this regard. He spent some time discussing that this was a tough job, very challenging, and not without stress. After 10-15 minutes of interview, he took me up to be interviewed by the president. The president was a casual guy, wearing jeans and an ASC polo shirt. He was friendly and went through my resume, asking questions about my past jobs. He wanted me to explain what I did for these companies and what responsibilities I had. He asked a few questions about each job. After the Q&A, he spent 5-10 minutes discussing the mechanical engineering position. He stressed that the job was not an easy job, that it required a very good understanding of engineering priniciples, and that it involved project management. He warned me that only 1 our of every 5 engineers have the mental tools to be able to flourish in the environment. He also said that because the company had grown so fast, there was still too much work for the current staff, and as a result it was a hectic environment. I got the feeling he really didn't want to sugar-coat the job. He said it was not a boring place to work. I think he ended the conversation with "Are you sure this is the the type of job you can handle?" I answered, Yes.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made in a job, and what did you do to make sure it didn't happen again?   View Answer
    I was somewhat underpaid at my previous job, so I was happy that ASC offered me $5K/year more than what I was getting before. Because of that, I didn't push for more.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

interviewed at ASC Process Systems in May 2011.

First, I called the HR department, and they did a short phone interview and explained the internship program to me. Then I met with the HR Department, filled out my application. Next I met with the Engineering Supervisor who explained the job in detail and walking me around the facility, showing me the products they build. The final interview was with the President, which was very informative and made me excited about the opportunity to work there.

Interview Questions
    • While walking around the equipment, the Engineering Supervisor asked me if I was familiar with any of the plumbing componenets that were attached to the outside of the equipment, and I thought that maybe I should have prepared better.   Answer Question
    Since this was an internship, there was no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at ASC Process Systems in January 2010.

The owner seems like a nice guy during the interview. He builds a lot of hope and promise. He really makes you think that this will be a great place to work due to the specialized type of product. He shows that he knows a lot, but dig through the layers after being there a while and the owner has no idea what he is talking about.

But don't let that fool you. If you ever heard the "Don't overpromise and under deliver." Well, you'll be better off no taking the job.

I took the job. Learned alot and added many skills to put on my resume but I hated being there 90% of the time.

Interview Questions
    • You have no experience in design. Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a little. It seemed like pulling teeth for the company to #1 increase their offer so my pay was equal to my previous job. #2 I told them I had another interview and asked for an extension of a few days for my decision which was not granted. I took the job since I didn't want to be collecting unemployment and waiting for another offer in a down economy. Unless you desperately need a job, shop around. You'll be better off for it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at ASC Process Systems in October 2008.

Typical interview with people who didn't know how to interview a perspective employee. They spent more time bragging about their accomplishments than asking me things to see if I fit in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out, the engineering manager seemes like a good man.   Answer Question

While being interviewed by the Engineering Manager he was interrupted 5 times with a crisis. 2 were by the president of the company. He was going to introduce me to the president, but he had a line of employees waiting to talk to him so we were not able to discuss compensation. Seemed like a non professional environment so I passed..

Sales Executive Interview

3 stages intervew, presentation, telephone

Interview Questions

Worked for ASC Process Systems? Contribute to the Community!