ASDA Interview Questions

2.2

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Ipswich, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Ipswich, NH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA in February 2015.

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at ASDA in April 2010.

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    was not able to negotiate.

Grocery Colleague Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA.

I applied online via Asda's website. Then I received a phone call saying that I had been successful with the first part and that I had to attend a recruitment process, also known as asda magic. There was 7 of us and firstly we had to pair up and get as much information about our partner and then present the information to everyone else. Secondly we went into 2 groups in which we then had to create an advert with a product chosen at random. Lastly we went onto the shop floor and helped around for about 20-30 minutes and filled a form about the activities. We all went back up to wait for our individual interview's and then we got to go.

Interview Questions
    • When did you give good customer service ?
      when did you experience a bad situation/customer ?

Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA.

I applied online and the initial form was easy enough to fill in and submit. A few days later, i got a phone call asking to attend a Magic event, which was a group interview. They introduced themselves and we were partnered up to introduce each other to the rest of the group. After that we watched a few videos about the company and what they stand for. We were then taken on a tour of the store and invited to "have a go" to see what it was like. After this group interview, we were invited back to have an individual interview, which to me felt a little informal but made me feel more comfortable. After this we were to wait and find out, only took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?
      what is good customer service to you?

Answer Question

Section Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASDA in March 2015.

Completed an online application including a multiple choice questions of how you would deal with different scenerios,
    5 days later I was called to say that was successful and was invited to attend a Asda magic group interview the following evening, there was about 15 of us there was put into pairs to ask question about each other and then had to introduce that person to the group, we were then split into larger groups and were given a task to build a tall structure out of balloons, it was fun and a good exsperiance.
    The next morning I was called and told I was successful and attended a 1 on 1 interview with a manager that afternoon,

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with a grumpy/unpleasant customer   View Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterlooville, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterlooville, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASDA in March 2015.

Applied online and filled out the online tests. Received an email a few days later inviting me to an Asda Magic recruitment even the following Monday.

There were 10 of us at the recruitment event, we had to find out the answers to three questions from the person sat next to us and introduce them to the rest of the group. They were straight forward - Why do you want to work for ASDA, Where do you want to be in 10 years time and Who is your dream dinner date?

Having read on here that there is usually a group exercise I was prepared for it but instead the group was split in half, the first five had their one to one interviews and the others (including myself) went to 'have a go' - except because most of the online orders had been dealt with there was nothing to actually 'have a go' with.

I was the last person to be interviewed, it was straight forward the interviewer had a sheet of questions which related to the job and scored each page a 3, which I believe means 'would recommend for job'. At the end of the interview I asked the interviewer about his experience working with Asda and discovered that I was one of his first interviewees.

I was called the next day and offered the job and started work on Friday the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of dealing with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ASDA.

Firstly, I completed the online application and received a call back the next day. It was arranged for me to attend a Magic event the following week.

At this event, I was part of a group of 10 people where we were all dressed in suits/shirts and ties (with the females wearing formal attire). We were firstly introduced to all of the staff member who would be attending to us during the day and told each of their backgrounds with ASDA.

We were then paired off and asked to talk to each other for a short spell and ask one specific question alongside other facts about the person (our question was, if you were invisible for a day, what would you do?). This eased the tension in the room and got everyone aquinted with one another. We were then asked individually what cartoon character we would choose to be and why.

We were then seperated into two groups of 5. Each group was asked to think of one revolutionary product which we would then market and attempt to sell to the management staff, obviously testing our team working abilities,

Once that had been completed, we were taken for our individual interviews in a seperate room, this was a light hearted, quick interview that was rather informal.

Once we had completed our interviews, we were asked to provide our clothing sizes and dates and times of availability to work and also which departments we would prefer to work in.

All in all, the day was very pleasant and the staff were super friendly. NOT something to worry about if it is your first ever induction/interview.

Interview Questions
    • When have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • Can you tell me an example of a time when you have given excellent customer service?   View Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA.

I applied online and was invited to attend an Asda Magic event. There were about 11 of us. We were kept standing in reception for around 40 minutes then escorted to the training room which contains a rectangle of desks with chairs. There was a name sticker for each of us.

We had a short talk from each of 3 people about their personal experience working for Asda, which was very interesting. We then had to pair off, learn about our partner, and take turns presenting them to the rest of the group. We had an extensive tour of the building, then returned to the training room. We were grouped in 3s and 4s and had to compete to build the best house of cards in a time limit, which was the final activity before leaving.

I got called back for an interview a few days later. After I arrived I had to wait in reception while they tried to find someone to interview me. After about 50 minutes I was taken directly to the shop floor for my "have a go" experience (just some shelf stacking and a chance to chat to other staff and ask them any questions). I was then interviewed by a random section leader as the one who would be my boss couldn't be found. She was very pleasant and just went through a basic form with me. She told me I would hear at the weekend if I had the job (although it was actually a couple of weeks later).

Interview Questions
    • What did you enjoy about the "have a go" experience?   View Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Group interview, have to introduce the person next to you ... ask name and why they want to work at asda; and choose a product from a bag and sell to other. Simply interview questions about costumer service.

Part-time Colleague Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASDA.

Quick hiring process, received a phone call a few days after completing online application form inviting me to a group interview the following week. Group interview was fun, fairly informal and nothing to be nervous about. It started off with everyone being put into pairs and you then had to introduce the person sitting next to you - name, age, where they live, hobbies, why the want to work at Asda and one thing you would put in a time capsule - so that everyone could get to know each other. After this everyone was divided into groups of 4 and you had to construct the highest tower you could out of spaghetti and marshmallows. At this point we were also asked to fill in forms about what section of the store we wanted to work in and what our availability was. This struck me as slightly odd as the form I'd filled in online was for a specific role, as had all the other people in the interview. The day after the group interview i received a phone call inviting me for an individual interview the following day. Here i was asked questions about the skills I'd developed and scenarios in which I'd helped customers before. (If you've never had a job before they have a different set of questions to ask you.) They then offered me a temporary contract on checkouts (not remotely what I'd applied for but hey ho) and I was then sent down onto the shop floor with a "buddy" to experience working on a checkout and see if I liked it and wanted to accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a colleague who wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question