ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.2

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Doncaster, England (UK)).

Interview

Completed an online application which consisted of info about myself previous job history and also a kind of aptitude test with multiple choice answers I received an email to say is been successful to get to the interview 'Asda Magic' stage At the Asda Magic session we were in a group of people there were 9 in our room we got paired off and given a card with various questions on that we had to ask our partner we then introduced this person to the rest of the group with the information we'd gotten from the questions... We then got put into two larger groups to sell a product which was quite fun and then had an informal type interview before going into the shop floor to find products ask customers if they needed any help and also tidied the shelves ... All in all a very positive experience I did however unfortunately not get the job I applied for but Asda sent an email informing me they would keep me in their database for the next 6 months and when a post comes up that is suited I should get a call

Home Shopping Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (York, England (UK)).

Interview

A 1-to-1 interview of about 30-45 minutes which wasn't particularly difficult, then a group 'assessment centre' featuring pretty basic team exercises. The 1-to-1 primarily consisted questions relating to subject matter from my specific application, so asking about my specific skills, experiences and qualifications. The group assessment centre was primarily designed to test your ability to work in a team, with small groups assigned tasks such as building a house of cards, with no instructions as to how best to do so.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit to work at ASDA?   1 Answer

Grocery Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chorley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA (Chorley, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and you have to fill a form out about yourself and then you get asked a series of questions, some of which are customer service ones, maths and english. A few weeks later I had a call from a lady saying I passed that stage and she was inviting me to a group selection interview. In this I was in a group of 6 people, they have you fill a form about your self, have you work in teams and try sell a product and while this is happening you have a main person letting you what you need to do and then you have 3 other people watching you. If you're successful they invite you back for a 1 to 1 interview with your manager. S/he will take you to the shop floor show you around your department ask a few question then if you're once again successful they offer you the job. I was hired as a christmas temp but was kept on and still working there today.

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied onine. They got back to me very soon. I went into the store for an interview. it was a group interview followed by a one-to-one interview. The group interview we had to work as a team to sell a product. It was extremely easy. it needed no thinking what so ever. The one on one interview was easy. Nothing too difficult. It would be extremely difficult to not pass that interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Chatham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview. There were 15 of us in total and we were split into three groups, we then had to get into pairs within the group and ask each other their name, age, why they want to work for asda, an interesting fact about them and what two people would they want to be with if they were stuck in a lift. After that we then had to advertise a product in our groups. My group had a cup to advertise and we had to do a jingle as well. The group interview as great fun, it's important to throw yourself into it and try to make yourself stand out with out coming across as overpowering. After that, we went on to our one on one interviews. I wasn't asked too many questions and it was more like a chat really. The interviewer seemed very happy with me and the way I came across, I haven't heard back yet as the interview was only yesterday.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Cannock, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online filling out a questionnaire, I got emailed to make an appointment for the asda Magic the following week. At this we asked a person 3 questions, their name, why they want to work at asda and what two items they would take to space. In groups we were given an item to sell to the group explaining its benefits and features mine was cous cous. We then filled out a health check form and we all left (group of 7) I got a call 2 days later to attend a interview in 3 days. I attended the interview lasted 15 minutes, then I got to have a go at the job for 15 minutes just to see how the scanner works and the totes (baskets) scan. Was told I would be invited to an induction as I was leaving today so I am now waiting for confirmation. Overall fun experience the asda Magic is a fun hour just join in, and the interview was nice and short!

Interview Questions

• Time I had saved my current employer money   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keighley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Keighley, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an Asda Magic Interview after appying on line. There was 10 of us altogether and we were asked to talk about the person next to us and tell every body about an interesting fact and what they would take to the moon. We then had to build a roller coaster out of Lego and give it a unique selling point. I tried not to take over the group as advised and let every one have a go. We then filled out a health questionnaire and a form giving details of what job/ hours we'd like to do. It was very informal and easy going. They said they would be in touch within a few days to say whether I'd been successful or silver medalist, which means your successful but they don't have the hours to suit. The interview was Monday the 27th July ( over a week ago) and I still haven't heard anything which is quite disappointing. I walked away from the interview feeling positive and any feedback would have been appreciated.

Checkout Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASDA in July 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by a group interview where we had to introduce another applicant (find out an interesting fact about them) to the group. Then i was asked to try to promote/sell a product...In my case it was a box of cereal with 3 others. Then straight after was a 1:1 with an Asda colleague. Get involved and show how you can interact with others.

Interview Questions

• Time i have offered good customer service...have i had to deal with a problem and how i dealt with it.   Answer Question