ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.2

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly you've to complete an online application form which consists of brief information about yourself as well as a a type of questionnaire which they use to assess your suitability for the role. This questionnaire consists of given scenarios, with multiple choice answers. You must select the answer according to what you would do in the given scenario.

If your application is successful you will be contacted and invited to the 'Asda Magic Day'. This is no more than 2 hours long and consists of a tour of the store, a group activity, training including watching videos about matters such as health and safety, and finally a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have received bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to negotiate hours of work and availability. I found that going straight from college to work would be difficult so they changed that for me.

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASDA (Elgin, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled in the online interview and quickly received an invite to a 'magic interview'-a group interview for 9 of us, led by a manager and observed by about 3 supervisors. It was much as described elsewhere, introduce your neighbour and then after a video presentation, do a group activity (spaghetti and marshmallow tower). We then had a tour and had to fill in an availability sheet.
    I got a call the next day inviting me to an individual interview the next week. This consisted of two managers who asked a lot of questions about my experience of customer service and Asda in general and then a short time in the store, being asked to find items etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had a problem with work colleagues and what I did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA (Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Firstly had 5mins to talk to the person next to you ..ask them about they're life , then introduce them to the group ( my bloke up & left ..so had to do my own )
    next was a bit of roll play .. all the while your being monitored by others to see how much you participate..then form filling & finally the hazard perception test

Interview Questions

• We were given a product to champion then 1 0f us had to be the customers & the other had to help with the sales by answering any questions you had about it ( ours was a blowup turtle )   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

This interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped.

Interview Questions

• How has someone helped you in the store previously?   1 Answer

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ASDA (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview which started with asking the person next to us a little about themselves and then we had to talk about what we learned, then we were asked to promote an item which our groups was a tin of beans, had to do a risk assessment which I got medium, I was then took out for a drive to see how capable I am and returned. Having waited a little while I was invited back in for a one on one interview and was offered the job which I took of course, all in all a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy to do the job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Have to go through an online assessment. Got an email 3 days later requesting for a Stage One Interview. I was very impressed with the Asda Magic group interview session. It was very positive and fun, not intimidating at all. I'm not sure if I'll get the job but I am grateful for the magical experience.

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and received a call the next day inviting me to something called Asda Magic in about a few days time. You had to bring your Passport and National Insurance [in case you are not sure as i wasn't because the woman was not clear] and wear smart casual, if you want to wear a suit you are welcomed to but because of the movement you had to do i would just stick with shirt and trousers also no trainers!

When i got there on the time they had given me, there was at least 15 of us which I thought was huge due to this was my first interview ever. We were taken to a room where there was seats in a room. To start the interview process, the HR management introduced themselves to us and other Asda colleagues who were observing us or helping out either one. They told us about Asda such as how successful it was, what it was about and other things. After that they told us we had to do a little activity which is to introduce the person to your left. The questions we had to ask to find out about them were: Why do you want to work for Asda, what is something interested about you, if you was a cartoon character what one would you be and why, i think there was another one but can't remember.

After that we had to do a little activity which showed our team work skills. They had put us in groups of 4, we had to make up a team name within the space of 20 seconds. After that we had to build and design a construction which we had to present to everyone else on why we chose that particular design and what it would be used for. We had to roughly tell them how tall we was going to make it and try to achieve that goal. The material we had were straws, sellotape and a cup. In the process of building it the HR management would throw obstacles as us to see how we would cope in difficult situations. It was a good test. After that the whole interview process was done, this was because the Asda i applied for was not yet opened so they could not take us on a tour or give us the opportunity 'To-do-it-yourself'.

The next day, i received a call inviting me for a one to one interview in a week time. This was the last stage in the interview process. They asked me and another woman who was on my team to fill out a form about our medical issues [in advance know the name of your doctors and address because they ask that and i had to leave it blank because i didn't know, also your height, weight and any past medical issues in your family]. I was later called in to be interviewed which was friendly and the guy was very understanding. Due to them knowing i was a student and had little experience he asked questions based on my situation and said that i could answer them based on my work experience from school or through tasks in school. This helped a lot [for those who have no experience like me you have nothing to worry about].

Luckily they had called me back within two days and offered me the job.

I hope this helped people, in the process of applying for Asda. My process took 2 weeks long [glassdoor won't let me put that for whatever reason so ignore what it says about how long it took]

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to carry another person's role and if so, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult person, if so how you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Asda?   1 Answer
    • What subjects do you do in school?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ayr, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA (Ayr, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online first which was various questions testing basic knowledge then onto the Asda Magic session which was as others have posted about how you work as part of a team rather than how great you are as an individual. Be a team player at all times during the magic session and you'll get on fine.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a difficult customer.   2 Answers