ASDA Interview Questions

2.4

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in April 2010.

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    was not able to negotiate.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

invited to a 'magic' day involving speaking to person seated next to you , finding out some key things about them, and then introducing them to everyone else in the room. Divided into teams ( I noted the older people were put in one team..felt they had a;ready made decisions) then asked to make an item out of balloons to sell to other team. After this shown round store and a brief 3 mins interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most enjoyable part of the day? Give an example of your personal experience of offering customer service...Unfair if you a re using transferable skills and can't relate as such. i.e in a supermarket environment.   Answer Question

Communications Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

Easy application, quick to respond, challenging but fun interview. They hire for personality, so make sure you're big on that. They want people who are really into the brand and want to make it better. Do your research. The interview is nothing to worry about. The people who interviewed me were lovely and overall the experience was very much enjoyed. Although I didn't get the job it was an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torquay, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torquay, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

I applied online, only as a result of employee referal by my neighbour was turned down. My CV and covering letter which my neighbour tried to hand in was declined. 10days later received email inviting me to asda magic assessment interview and was delighted. I was expecting to be interviewed by the recruitment manageress but not the case. Three out of seven turned up and we worked as a group as much as was possible. I found the entire magic interview etc delightfuland entertaining but not much forthcoming from 2 others in the group. We were then singled out and the 3 staff members of asda, one working floor security, one in the bakery and the other has been asda collegue for 15 years but had no input, took us individaully into rooms to be asked questions relevant to high quality of customer care. I was told by my interviewer that I was best he had ever seen in both team/group and one on one with him, which relevance pertained to the questions he asked and how I answered. I was told my interview of very high calibre which really made me feel good and also confident about being offered a post. We were informed that we would hear back in 3 days and shud we not be successful, not to worry because our details go into a silver box? which is forwarded to other branches should they need staff they already have our details. I received an email 2 hours after my interview stating I was unsuccessful and that I would not be allowed to apply for any positions withing the asda group in the next 6 months. I was astounded and saddened by this as I felt I was wrongly judged. Judged not by what I would have been able to give to asda workwise but as an individual.
    ?????????????????

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question being: To write a radio jingle lasting 30 seconds and promoting an ice-cream cake and asda! However, it proved to be great fun! And were able to deliver the 30 second jingle very successfully!!   View Answer

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2014.

After applying online I had to complete 2 maths and English tests. Then a week or so later I was invited to a group interview, there was about 20 of us with the session lasting about an hour. We were first asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us and then relay that information back to that group. After this we were divided into separate groups and told we had to make a tower out of straws, competing against each other, the session was then over and we were told we would hear back within 24 hours.

One week later they finally called back and organised an interview, this was very laid back with fairly standard questions, past experience etc etc. We also discussed available hours and what position I would like to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of bad customer service?   View Answer

Head of service integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ASDA in January 2010.

Employee referral shortened the process which otherwise can be lengthy as you are sifted against other candidates, agencies do not have much sway compared to employee referral which ticks some of the boxes

Negotiate!

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in March 2014.

I applied online through the Asda website, completed the online application form - which was multiple choice questions. Within a week, I was invited via email to an 'Asda Magic' recruitment event.

There were 15 candidates at the event. At 25 I was the 2nd oldest there as most of them were students or school leavers. We were all taken to a room with chairs and tables in and on each table there was paperwork with a name badge on top of it, we had to find our name and so were randomly placed - which was a shame as I was getting on well with one of the girls but we were separated. There were 3 tables - 5 candidates per table.

We were told to find out about the person next to us and 3 interesting facts about them and they were told to find out 3 interesting things about us - so it would be good to think of some things beforehand. We then had to tell the rest of the group what we'd found out.

Next we had to work with the rest of our table. The managers brought a bag with 3 items in (1 per table), we had to randomly select an item and were expected to sell it to the managers. We were given 15 minutes to get a presentation/sales pitch together. The items ranged from car air fresheners to shaving gel. Everyone is expected to speak in the presentation and participate in the planning of it. Our presentation was pretty naff but it doesn't matter how rubbish it is as its all about how well you work together - thats what you are assessed on, so don't sit quietly in the corner... listen to others in your group and talk to them.

After the presentations we filled out some paperwork and 'had a go' on the shop floor. We just had to pull stock forward on the shelves and put misplaced stock in right place. We also had to help a customer somehow, so keep an eye out for customers struggling to decide on something or trying to reach something etc and approach them asking if you can help.

Finally, we had a one-on-one interview - which was absolutely fine. I was really nervous for this but the questions were simple and easy to answer - for example - What would need to happen for you take the day off work? I just looked at the interviewer blankly thinking 'is he expecting me to say something like a natural disaster or a major illness?' He must have caught on to my puzzled look as he said "For example, would you take the day off if you had cold?" I said I wouldn't stay off for cold, but I would stay off if I had a sickness bug in case I infected my colleagues or was sick in the store.

The interview lasted about 5-10 mins. I also noticed while he was writing my responses that he was scoring my answers. The numbers were 1-4 and he kept scoring me a 3. On the last page I saw that 3 meant 'Would recommend for this role'.

And that was it!! They respond within 48 hours whether you're successful or not and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There were 2 questions I struggled to answer on the spot. First was: "Tell me about the best piece of customer service you have ever given?" and the second:, "What do you dislike about working in a team?"   View Answer

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Llanelli, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA.

Two stages to the interview process, group interview and one on one. Usually done on the same day.
    The group interview consists of 3 groups being given a challenge, the outcome of the challenge has no input into who gets a job, but the contribution and your behaviour in the challenge is a factor

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just about experience and customer service. Asda is very customer service focused   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations. I was taken on as a seasonal worker and eventually offered a full time contract. The hours I was able to work were determined once I'd been offered a position

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

The first step is filling a online form from Asda job site against the vacancies available. No previous employment experience required as all the job specific training is given when employment commence. Online assessments are simple involves basic analytical, verbal reasoning and personality questions. with regards to personality questions try to be more positive / focused on customer service when answering the 42 questions. Once passed all the assessments you are free to apply for as many roles as you wish.
    The Next stage is a Group Assessment called "ASDA MAGIC". The best advice is just be yourself, try to get to know as much as possible about the team members in the group. Build RAPPORTS .

none

Section Leader Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ASDA in July 2010.

Be yourself, the company is big on personality, interviews are informal, The group selection be relaxed , ask questions, Take you time when doing the online application reread the questions, tough there is some parts that's timed

I original applied for Admin/Customer Service at the time there was no vacancies, they did have night Shift, which I took, I then moved to dayshift and have worked my up to Section Leader

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!