ASDA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in April 2010.

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    was not able to negotiate.

Store Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2014.

After applying online I had to complete 2 maths and English tests. Then a week or so later I was invited to a group interview, there was about 20 of us with the session lasting about an hour. We were first asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us and then relay that information back to that group. After this we were divided into separate groups and told we had to make a tower out of straws, competing against each other, the session was then over and we were told we would hear back within 24 hours.

One week later they finally called back and organised an interview, this was very laid back with fairly standard questions, past experience etc etc. We also discussed available hours and what position I would like to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of bad customer service?   View Answer

Head of service integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at ASDA in January 2010.

Employee referral shortened the process which otherwise can be lengthy as you are sifted against other candidates, agencies do not have much sway compared to employee referral which ticks some of the boxes

Negotiate!

Customer Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at ASDA in March 2014.

I applied online through the Asda website, completed the online application form - which was multiple choice questions. Within a week, I was invited via email to an 'Asda Magic' recruitment event.

There were 15 candidates at the event. At 25 I was the 2nd oldest there as most of them were students or school leavers. We were all taken to a room with chairs and tables in and on each table there was paperwork with a name badge on top of it, we had to find our name and so were randomly placed - which was a shame as I was getting on well with one of the girls but we were separated. There were 3 tables - 5 candidates per table.

We were told to find out about the person next to us and 3 interesting facts about them and they were told to find out 3 interesting things about us - so it would be good to think of some things beforehand. We then had to tell the rest of the group what we'd found out.

Next we had to work with the rest of our table. The managers brought a bag with 3 items in (1 per table), we had to randomly select an item and were expected to sell it to the managers. We were given 15 minutes to get a presentation/sales pitch together. The items ranged from car air fresheners to shaving gel. Everyone is expected to speak in the presentation and participate in the planning of it. Our presentation was pretty naff but it doesn't matter how rubbish it is as its all about how well you work together - thats what you are assessed on, so don't sit quietly in the corner... listen to others in your group and talk to them.

After the presentations we filled out some paperwork and 'had a go' on the shop floor. We just had to pull stock forward on the shelves and put misplaced stock in right place. We also had to help a customer somehow, so keep an eye out for customers struggling to decide on something or trying to reach something etc and approach them asking if you can help.

Finally, we had a one-on-one interview - which was absolutely fine. I was really nervous for this but the questions were simple and easy to answer - for example - What would need to happen for you take the day off work? I just looked at the interviewer blankly thinking 'is he expecting me to say something like a natural disaster or a major illness?' He must have caught on to my puzzled look as he said "For example, would you take the day off if you had cold?" I said I wouldn't stay off for cold, but I would stay off if I had a sickness bug in case I infected my colleagues or was sick in the store.

The interview lasted about 5-10 mins. I also noticed while he was writing my responses that he was scoring my answers. The numbers were 1-4 and he kept scoring me a 3. On the last page I saw that 3 meant 'Would recommend for this role'.

And that was it!! They respond within 48 hours whether you're successful or not and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There were 2 questions I struggled to answer on the spot. First was: "Tell me about the best piece of customer service you have ever given?" and the second:, "What do you dislike about working in a team?"   View Answer

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Llanelli, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA.

Two stages to the interview process, group interview and one on one. Usually done on the same day.
    The group interview consists of 3 groups being given a challenge, the outcome of the challenge has no input into who gets a job, but the contribution and your behaviour in the challenge is a factor

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just about experience and customer service. Asda is very customer service focused   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations. I was taken on as a seasonal worker and eventually offered a full time contract. The hours I was able to work were determined once I'd been offered a position

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

The first step is filling a online form from Asda job site against the vacancies available. No previous employment experience required as all the job specific training is given when employment commence. Online assessments are simple involves basic analytical, verbal reasoning and personality questions. with regards to personality questions try to be more positive / focused on customer service when answering the 42 questions. Once passed all the assessments you are free to apply for as many roles as you wish.
    The Next stage is a Group Assessment called "ASDA MAGIC". The best advice is just be yourself, try to get to know as much as possible about the team members in the group. Build RAPPORTS .

none

Section Leader Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ASDA in July 2010.

Be yourself, the company is big on personality, interviews are informal, The group selection be relaxed , ask questions, Take you time when doing the online application reread the questions, tough there is some parts that's timed

I original applied for Admin/Customer Service at the time there was no vacancies, they did have night Shift, which I took, I then moved to dayshift and have worked my up to Section Leader

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ASDA.

magic session-everyone in a room interacting together doing different tasks,we had to make a building out of spaggetti & marsh mellows then explain what we had made,what we was named ,what we were selling ect..

Store Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA.

You apply online, you will be approached by a member of HR, an interview in arranged with a group of around 15 of you. Some will be adults teenagers and students its a real cross section of society. you do some group work where you are being watched, then watch some safety videos and general intro stuff (very basic), you are then have a 1:1 interview with a middle manager and a store walk round. The atmosphere is relaxed

Self Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2012.

Very good interview process. Begins with a group interview where they monitor how you work with a large team. I had to introduce a fellow interviewee and describe her work skills to the team. I would advise a good attitude to people. Main interview with 2 colleagues on a separate occasion, very positive and friendly approach by management and other staff.

Interview Questions
    • Most question are fairly typical, nothing unexpected. I was asked to describe a situation at work where I went above and beyond for a customer. Nothing you couldn't think of on the spot, interviewee's very calm and don't push you to answer quickly.   Answer Question

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!