ASDA Interview Questions

2.4

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in April 2010.

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    was not able to negotiate.

Checkout Operator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in September 2014.

I got interview call from ASDA asked me to bring along my Passport and NI no. The first thing we get to fill in the flexibility form and watched some videos regarding ASDA.
    we have to introduce our partner sitting our right in front of others candidates.Then we have given 30 sec to arrange ourselves in our date of birth order. Then half of us went for floor visit where we have asked to arrange shelves. then we had one on one interview with one of HR member. I had been asked questions about Punctuality and its importance among colleagues, example of good customer service, example of team work, importance of uniform etc.

Interview Questions
    • As I am student having no work experience, for me example of good customer service was the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torquay, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torquay, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

I applied online, only as a result of employee referal by my neighbour was turned down. My CV and covering letter which my neighbour tried to hand in was declined. 10days later received email inviting me to asda magic assessment interview and was delighted. I was expecting to be interviewed by the recruitment manageress but not the case. Three out of seven turned up and we worked as a group as much as was possible. I found the entire magic interview etc delightfuland entertaining but not much forthcoming from 2 others in the group. We were then singled out and the 3 staff members of asda, one working floor security, one in the bakery and the other has been asda collegue for 15 years but had no input, took us individaully into rooms to be asked questions relevant to high quality of customer care. I was told by my interviewer that I was best he had ever seen in both team/group and one on one with him, which relevance pertained to the questions he asked and how I answered. I was told my interview of very high calibre which really made me feel good and also confident about being offered a post. We were informed that we would hear back in 3 days and shud we not be successful, not to worry because our details go into a silver box? which is forwarded to other branches should they need staff they already have our details. I received an email 2 hours after my interview stating I was unsuccessful and that I would not be allowed to apply for any positions withing the asda group in the next 6 months. I was astounded and saddened by this as I felt I was wrongly judged. Judged not by what I would have been able to give to asda workwise but as an individual.
    ?????????????????

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question being: To write a radio jingle lasting 30 seconds and promoting an ice-cream cake and asda! However, it proved to be great fun! And were able to deliver the 30 second jingle very successfully!!   View Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

invited to a 'magic' day involving speaking to person seated next to you , finding out some key things about them, and then introducing them to everyone else in the room. Divided into teams ( I noted the older people were put in one team..felt they had a;ready made decisions) then asked to make an item out of balloons to sell to other team. After this shown round store and a brief 3 mins interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most enjoyable part of the day? Give an example of your personal experience of offering customer service...Unfair if you a re using transferable skills and can't relate as such. i.e in a supermarket environment.   Answer Question

Communications Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2014.

Easy application, quick to respond, challenging but fun interview. They hire for personality, so make sure you're big on that. They want people who are really into the brand and want to make it better. Do your research. The interview is nothing to worry about. The people who interviewed me were lovely and overall the experience was very much enjoyed. Although I didn't get the job it was an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Llanelli, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA.

Two stages to the interview process, group interview and one on one. Usually done on the same day.
    The group interview consists of 3 groups being given a challenge, the outcome of the challenge has no input into who gets a job, but the contribution and your behaviour in the challenge is a factor

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just about experience and customer service. Asda is very customer service focused   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations. I was taken on as a seasonal worker and eventually offered a full time contract. The hours I was able to work were determined once I'd been offered a position

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2014.

After applying online I had to complete 2 maths and English tests. Then a week or so later I was invited to a group interview, there was about 20 of us with the session lasting about an hour. We were first asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us and then relay that information back to that group. After this we were divided into separate groups and told we had to make a tower out of straws, competing against each other, the session was then over and we were told we would hear back within 24 hours.

One week later they finally called back and organised an interview, this was very laid back with fairly standard questions, past experience etc etc. We also discussed available hours and what position I would like to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of bad customer service?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ASDA.

magic session-everyone in a room interacting together doing different tasks,we had to make a building out of spaggetti & marsh mellows then explain what we had made,what we was named ,what we were selling ect..

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA.

You apply online, you will be approached by a member of HR, an interview in arranged with a group of around 15 of you. Some will be adults teenagers and students its a real cross section of society. you do some group work where you are being watched, then watch some safety videos and general intro stuff (very basic), you are then have a 1:1 interview with a middle manager and a store walk round. The atmosphere is relaxed

Checkout Operator Interview

asda magic session, volunteer work within the store (usually stock work eg filling shelves/ clearing up) & finally a one to one interview (generally with one of the store managers but could also be with a long term employee)

Interview Questions
    • 1) why do you want to work for asda? 2) what can you do for them? 3) why should they hire you? 4) what would you purtchase from the store and why?   View Answer

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!