ASDA

29 candidate interviews

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Home Shopping Driver
Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ASDA in October 2009.

Interview Details – Asda has an online recruitment website which it now uses, and does not issue application forms anymore. If you pass the initial papersift, you are invited to an 'Asda Magic' day where you take part in a group screening.
In the group screening, you have several tasks to complete such as pairing with another candidate and you have to explain your background to them in 30 seconds. After that, there is a group exercise, such as building a tower out of balloons. This tests your ability to work as part of a team, and your ability to be a leader as well. You will then go onto the shop floor to 'Have a go' where you are expected to interact with the customer. This lasts about 20 minutes, and is comparable to slave labour.
If you are successful at this point, you are invited to an interview. The interview will normally take place in a small secluded room, and the interview can be quite intimidating. The manager conducting the interview will take your uniform sizing at this point, and may or may not tell you if you have been successful or not.

Interview Question – The interview can be quite intimidating, and the manager conducting the interview will ask questions where you will have to answer with life experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any negotiating. Asda is a company that tells you how it is and expects you to like it, or leave. Managers within the company are not afraid to tell you where the door is.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2011.

Interview Details – You turn up for a 'reality day'. There are 6 people assessing you throughout a 4 hour process. This consists of a presentation, 1:1 interview, competence test in a live situation amongst other things. If you are succesful, they will contact you within a week. You then have a 2:1 interview with a Store Manager and a People Services Manager. If you are successful, they will contact you within a week with the outcome/offer.

Interview Question – Describe your best friend..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 2k on top of my salary, also a fast track promotion depending on my performance. Ensure you ask them for time to think, ring back about an hour later with what you would like and see what they say.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1. assesment centre , 2. Presentation - Journey.

Interview Question – where you see youself in five years time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quite straight forward

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ASDA.

Interview Details – There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Question – Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Checkout Operator Interview

Checkout Operator
Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ASDA.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview, group selection.

group selection - if you had to put an object into a time capsule what would it be?

Role play - advert to sell asdas own brand sweets

Have a go - go onto shop floor and deal with customer enquiries

watch videos about company, answer questions.

face to face interview - why asda? why you? what can you bring? team player?

Interview Question – face to face was quite full on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Night Manager Interview

Night Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in April 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was called the olympics and consisted of a full day of assessment. this day included games on a group stage, problem solving as a group, scenarios, a one on one interview, a maths test and fiding out about the company itself. when i recieved confirmation of passing this day i then had to go to the store i would be working at for an interview with the store manager and personnel manager.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company that will improve it?   Answer Question

In Store, Was Offered Checkouts Interview

In Store, Was Offered Checkouts

The process took 2 days - interviewed at ASDA in October 2007.

Interview Details – Firstly had to complete application which was pretty straight forward. Then I had to wait quite a while to be offered an interview. The first interview was a group interview. Here there were group task such as building a tower out of paper, then having to balance a bar of chocolate on it. Not to bad but then we had to sing a asda chant thing a nd do a pocket pat! Next, I was invited in for a one to one interview that just asked about what I could bring to the company, strenghts etc. Next the manager who had interviewed me called to offer the job.

Interview Question – What acheivement have you been most proud of and why.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got offered another job

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was not able to negotiate.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in March 2009.

Interview Details – They phoned me up and said my application was accepted can I please come in for a group selectyion. You are then put in a room with about 10 other people and asked to build a tower from building blocks its all about team work. You have to then chant the Asda anthem after that I got taken back for another interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiaition of wage.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ASDA.

Interview Details – magic session-everyone in a room interacting together doing different tasks,we had to make a building out of spaggetti & marsh mellows then explain what we had made,what we was named ,what we were selling ect..

Interviews for Top Jobs at ASDA

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASDA interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by ASDA employees and interview candidates.