ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.4

Checkout Operator Interview

asda magic session, volunteer work within the store (usually stock work eg filling shelves/ clearing up) & finally a one to one interview (generally with one of the store managers but could also be with a long term employee)

Interview Questions
    • 1) why do you want to work for asda? 2) what can you do for them? 3) why should they hire you? 4) what would you purtchase from the store and why?   View Answer

Shft Manager Interview

off the wall, competence no barrier to employment

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult emotional experience   View Answer
    easy straight to top dollar, pay scales are low though, they cannot negotiate, if want you
    put a gun to their heads

Home Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

asda magic day insight into the company

good

Asda Process Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stevenage, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in October 2012.

Initially an online application, then if you're accepted through to the next stage, you go to an "ASDA Magic" event whereby you are in a large group of potential candidates and are required to perform certain "Team Building Exercises" which vary from store to store. If you pass this, then you'll be invited for an interview with the manager of the department they're putting you forward for, this will be an informal interview to get to know you and why you believe that you are the best for the job. After this, you'll usually get a phone call in about 2-3 working days to tell you if you've got the job. If you have, then you're invited to a "Best Welcome" which is where you're shown your new department, the rest of the store and also receive your first (small) bit of training.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was informal and there were no questionnaires to be filled out.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowestoft, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowestoft, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA.

Hired at startup of new store - started as Photography Section leader but moved to driver as a choice after 4 years in store.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they need good staff

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bodmin, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bodmin, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

Asda Magic consisted of about 12 of us in a group interview with four observers. We had numbers on Post-It notes attached to our backs and had to get ourselves in to numerical order without asking anyone what our number was. We then had to work in three groups, discussing how we could make Asda more envinmentally friendly. We had a tour of the store and watched an Asda DVD. The whole thing took about 2 hours. If you were sucessful, you were phoned to come back for the 'Have a Go' which is basically a try out on the shop floor filling shelves etc, for about 3/4 hour and then you get a face-to-face interview with your soon to be Section Manager. I think unless you are a complete dodo you have got the job.

Interview Questions
    THey will always work around you to find the hours that suit you best.

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA.

You apply online, you will be approached by a member of HR, an interview in arranged with a group of around 15 of you. Some will be adults teenagers and students its a real cross section of society. you do some group work where you are being watched, then watch some safety videos and general intro stuff (very basic), you are then have a 1:1 interview with a middle manager and a store walk round. The atmosphere is relaxed

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

The first step is filling a online form from Asda job site against the vacancies available. No previous employment experience required as all the job specific training is given when employment commence. Online assessments are simple involves basic analytical, verbal reasoning and personality questions. with regards to personality questions try to be more positive / focused on customer service when answering the 42 questions. Once passed all the assessments you are free to apply for as many roles as you wish.
    The Next stage is a Group Assessment called "ASDA MAGIC". The best advice is just be yourself, try to get to know as much as possible about the team members in the group. Build RAPPORTS .

none

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enfield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ASDA in August 2010.

A group interview where we were paired up and had to act out a product being sold to an irate customer (I played the customer). I passed that stage but was told I would be informed when a suitable position became available. At the second stage I was called in for a trial run on the warehouse shop floor and then a one on one interview with the general manager. She made me feel at ease and the interview was pretty informal. Within a few days I received a call informing me that I had got the job and had to attend a two day induction course. It was really presentations ,going through procedures and talking to our new colleagues. All in all it was a simple and fun process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase. Salary and benefits were set as standard.

Self Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2012.

Very good interview process. Begins with a group interview where they monitor how you work with a large team. I had to introduce a fellow interviewee and describe her work skills to the team. I would advise a good attitude to people. Main interview with 2 colleagues on a separate occasion, very positive and friendly approach by management and other staff.

Interview Questions
    • Most question are fairly typical, nothing unexpected. I was asked to describe a situation at work where I went above and beyond for a customer. Nothing you couldn't think of on the spot, interviewee's very calm and don't push you to answer quickly.   Answer Question

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!