ASDA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.2

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Firstly you've to complete an online application form which consists of brief information about yourself as well as a a type of questionnaire which they use to assess your suitability for the role. This questionnaire consists of given scenarios, with multiple choice answers. You must select the answer according to what you would do in the given scenario.

If your application is successful you will be contacted and invited to the 'Asda Magic Day'. This is no more than 2 hours long and consists of a tour of the store, a group activity, training including watching videos about matters such as health and safety, and finally a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have received bad customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy to negotiate hours of work and availability. I found that going straight from college to work would be difficult so they changed that for me.

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA (Ebbw Vale, Wales (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Firstly had 5mins to talk to the person next to you ..ask them about they're life , then introduce them to the group ( my bloke up & left ..so had to do my own )
    next was a bit of roll play .. all the while your being monitored by others to see how much you participate..then form filling & finally the hazard perception test

Interview Questions

• We were given a product to champion then 1 0f us had to be the customers & the other had to help with the sales by answering any questions you had about it ( ours was a blowup turtle )   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA (Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Apply on-line and got called in for an interview at an assessment centre. We were put in a group and had to do a role play of an advert for a food of our choosing.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview- HR staff asks you about behaviour questions
    Assessment center- Team collaborations and presentations, 30 mins to prepare for the presenations and group discussion session
    Manager Interview- Technical and behaviour questions, easiest part

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASDA (Elgin, Scotland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled in the online interview and quickly received an invite to a 'magic interview'-a group interview for 9 of us, led by a manager and observed by about 3 supervisors. It was much as described elsewhere, introduce your neighbour and then after a video presentation, do a group activity (spaghetti and marshmallow tower). We then had a tour and had to fill in an availability sheet.
    I got a call the next day inviting me to an individual interview the next week. This consisted of two managers who asked a lot of questions about my experience of customer service and Asda in general and then a short time in the store, being asked to find items etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had a problem with work colleagues and what I did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

receive a call to attaned a magic session. Which was is a group interview. Had to intruduce the person sitting next to me and ask questions about each other and tell the group. Put marshmallows together to creat somthing That represents asda future progress ��. After the group interview, we had to go to the shop floor and start tidying the department. We were then called one by one for a one to one interview. Asked the tipical questions such as one you wanna work here, why should we hire you etc

Was then called for anther one to one interview within 3 days of my magic session with the department manager for a one to one again. He too ask the same questions as one you want to work here etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiations really, Only what positionS the had to offer. It was really a take it or leave it.

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

Although you apply for a specific role, the interview process is generic and everyone is interviewed together. I was invited to the 'Asda Magic' assessment evening and was with a group of between 10-15 people. Initially everyone is asked to introduce themselves and tell everyone an interesting fact about themselves as a type of 'ice-breaker'.
    Next you will be split into groups and asked to complete a group task, ours was to compile a list of 10 things you would bring on a spaceship at the end of the world etc etc. It's basically a task to see how you communicate with others and if you are able to listen effectively and work as a team. It's really nothing too heavy!
    Next you will be interviewed by a manager one-to-one before the evening is concluded. This again isn't too heavy, the questions are generally about customer service.

Home Shopping Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ASDA (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview which started with asking the person next to us a little about themselves and then we had to talk about what we learned, then we were asked to promote an item which our groups was a tin of beans, had to do a risk assessment which I got medium, I was then took out for a drive to see how capable I am and returned. Having waited a little while I was invited back in for a one on one interview and was offered the job which I took of course, all in all a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy to do the job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy, straight forward process. I was asked the basic questions you would usually be asked for this type of role. If you research beforehand you should be able to easily ace the interview with no issues.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

This interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped.

Interview Questions

• How has someone helped you in the store previously?   1 Answer