ASDA Interview Questions & Reviews in London UK

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

The first step is filling a online form from Asda job site against the vacancies available. No previous employment experience required as all the job specific training is given when employment commence. Online assessments are simple involves basic analytical, verbal reasoning and personality questions. with regards to personality questions try to be more positive / focused on customer service when answering the 42 questions. Once passed all the assessments you are free to apply for as many roles as you wish.
    The Next stage is a Group Assessment called "ASDA MAGIC". The best advice is just be yourself, try to get to know as much as possible about the team members in the group. Build RAPPORTS .

none

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enfield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ASDA in August 2010.

A group interview where we were paired up and had to act out a product being sold to an irate customer (I played the customer). I passed that stage but was told I would be informed when a suitable position became available. At the second stage I was called in for a trial run on the warehouse shop floor and then a one on one interview with the general manager. She made me feel at ease and the interview was pretty informal. Within a few days I received a call informing me that I had got the job and had to attend a two day induction course. It was really presentations ,going through procedures and talking to our new colleagues. All in all it was a simple and fun process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase. Salary and benefits were set as standard.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

1. assesment centre , 2. Presentation - Journey.

quite straight forward

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2013.

I had to fill out a application form first; the normal and some questions on how to serve customers.
    Then I had a group interview, did a get to know task, watched a video and built a house out of cards in two teams.
    Just about to do an one to one interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ASDA.

There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2011.

You turn up for a 'reality day'. There are 6 people assessing you throughout a 4 hour process. This consists of a presentation, 1:1 interview, competence test in a live situation amongst other things. If you are succesful, they will contact you within a week. You then have a 2:1 interview with a Store Manager and a People Services Manager. If you are successful, they will contact you within a week with the outcome/offer.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate 2k on top of my salary, also a fast track promotion depending on my performance. Ensure you ask them for time to think, ring back about an hour later with what you would like and see what they say.

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!