ASDA

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Shopper Interview

Enfield, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ASDA in August 2010.

Interview Details – A group interview where we were paired up and had to act out a product being sold to an irate customer (I played the customer). I passed that stage but was told I would be informed when a suitable position became available. At the second stage I was called in for a trial run on the warehouse shop floor and then a one on one interview with the general manager. She made me feel at ease and the interview was pretty informal. Within a few days I received a call informing me that I had got the job and had to attend a two day induction course. It was really presentations ,going through procedures and talking to our new colleagues. All in all it was a simple and fun process.

Interview Question – No difficult question, they were fairly general.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Salary and benefits were set as standard.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1. assesment centre , 2. Presentation - Journey.

Interview Question – where you see youself in five years time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quite straight forward

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Shop Floor Assistant
Reading, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had to fill out a application form first; the normal and some questions on how to serve customers.
Then I had a group interview, did a get to know task, watched a video and built a house out of cards in two teams.
Just about to do an one to one interview.

Interview Question – What Cartoon Character would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ASDA.

Interview Details – There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Question – Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in August 2011.

Interview Details – You turn up for a 'reality day'. There are 6 people assessing you throughout a 4 hour process. This consists of a presentation, 1:1 interview, competence test in a live situation amongst other things. If you are succesful, they will contact you within a week. You then have a 2:1 interview with a Store Manager and a People Services Manager. If you are successful, they will contact you within a week with the outcome/offer.

Interview Question – Describe your best friend..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 2k on top of my salary, also a fast track promotion depending on my performance. Ensure you ask them for time to think, ring back about an hour later with what you would like and see what they say.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASDA interview questions and advice in London, UK. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by ASDA employees and interview candidates.