ASDA Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and received a call the next day inviting me to something called Asda Magic in about a few days time. You had to bring your Passport and National Insurance [in case you are not sure as i wasn't because the woman was not clear] and wear smart casual, if you want to wear a suit you are welcomed to but because of the movement you had to do i would just stick with shirt and trousers also no trainers!

When i got there on the time they had given me, there was at least 15 of us which I thought was huge due to this was my first interview ever. We were taken to a room where there was seats in a room. To start the interview process, the HR management introduced themselves to us and other Asda colleagues who were observing us or helping out either one. They told us about Asda such as how successful it was, what it was about and other things. After that they told us we had to do a little activity which is to introduce the person to your left. The questions we had to ask to find out about them were: Why do you want to work for Asda, what is something interested about you, if you was a cartoon character what one would you be and why, i think there was another one but can't remember.

After that we had to do a little activity which showed our team work skills. They had put us in groups of 4, we had to make up a team name within the space of 20 seconds. After that we had to build and design a construction which we had to present to everyone else on why we chose that particular design and what it would be used for. We had to roughly tell them how tall we was going to make it and try to achieve that goal. The material we had were straws, sellotape and a cup. In the process of building it the HR management would throw obstacles as us to see how we would cope in difficult situations. It was a good test. After that the whole interview process was done, this was because the Asda i applied for was not yet opened so they could not take us on a tour or give us the opportunity 'To-do-it-yourself'.

The next day, i received a call inviting me for a one to one interview in a week time. This was the last stage in the interview process. They asked me and another woman who was on my team to fill out a form about our medical issues [in advance know the name of your doctors and address because they ask that and i had to leave it blank because i didn't know, also your height, weight and any past medical issues in your family]. I was later called in to be interviewed which was friendly and the guy was very understanding. Due to them knowing i was a student and had little experience he asked questions based on my situation and said that i could answer them based on my work experience from school or through tasks in school. This helped a lot [for those who have no experience like me you have nothing to worry about].

Luckily they had called me back within two days and offered me the job.

I hope this helped people, in the process of applying for Asda. My process took 2 weeks long [glassdoor won't let me put that for whatever reason so ignore what it says about how long it took]

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview process consisting of several questions. To begin with I sat down on a brown desk which comprised of the interviewer sitting opposite me. I was going into this full of confidence for the reason that it was only Asda, I wasn't expecting any intellect questions, just questions of my motivation and current situations.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

1. assesment centre , 2. Presentation - Journey.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quite straight forward

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

I had to fill out a application form first; the normal and some questions on how to serve customers.
    Then I had a group interview, did a get to know task, watched a video and built a house out of cards in two teams.
    Just about to do an one to one interview.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was fine, the interviewer was really nice too.
    Basically talked about previous employment, references and about my cv.
    It lasted about twenty to twenty five minutes, they had others to see after me.
    I saw most of the people at interview when I was hired as an employee. It didn't seem like they wanted anyone specific, just someone who could do the job. An easy job at that.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

You turn up for a 'reality day'. There are 6 people assessing you throughout a 4 hour process. This consists of a presentation, 1:1 interview, competence test in a live situation amongst other things. If you are succesful, they will contact you within a week. You then have a 2:1 interview with a Store Manager and a People Services Manager. If you are successful, they will contact you within a week with the outcome/offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best friend..   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate 2k on top of my salary, also a fast track promotion depending on my performance. Ensure you ask them for time to think, ring back about an hour later with what you would like and see what they say.

George Retail and Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

A relative enquired about vacancies. I went into the store 2 days later withy resume. I was asked to fill in an application form and return 2 days later for a group interview. We did a couple of team building activities and we had a one on one interview with a manager from each department.

Interview Questions

• How would I provide an excellent level of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my contract to become a seasonal colleague

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

The first step is filling a online form from Asda job site against the vacancies available. No previous employment experience required as all the job specific training is given when employment commence. Online assessments are simple involves basic analytical, verbal reasoning and personality questions. with regards to personality questions try to be more positive / focused on customer service when answering the 42 questions. Once passed all the assessments you are free to apply for as many roles as you wish.
    The Next stage is a Group Assessment called "ASDA MAGIC". The best advice is just be yourself, try to get to know as much as possible about the team members in the group. Build RAPPORTS .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ASDA (Enfield, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

A group interview where we were paired up and had to act out a product being sold to an irate customer (I played the customer). I passed that stage but was told I would be informed when a suitable position became available. At the second stage I was called in for a trial run on the warehouse shop floor and then a one on one interview with the general manager. She made me feel at ease and the interview was pretty informal. Within a few days I received a call informing me that I had got the job and had to attend a two day induction course. It was really presentations ,going through procedures and talking to our new colleagues. All in all it was a simple and fun process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Salary and benefits were set as standard.