ASDA

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lancaster, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ASDA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Built towers from marsh mellows and spaghetti

Interview Question – all easy   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got offered at sainsburys- better company to work for

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ASDA.

Interview Details – There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Question – Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Very Easy Interview

Bodmin, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Asda Magic consisted of about 12 of us in a group interview with four observers. We had numbers on Post-It notes attached to our backs and had to get ourselves in to numerical order without asking anyone what our number was. We then had to work in three groups, discussing how we could make Asda more envinmentally friendly. We had a tour of the store and watched an Asda DVD. The whole thing took about 2 hours. If you were sucessful, you were phoned to come back for the 'Have a Go' which is basically a try out on the shop floor filling shelves etc, for about 3/4 hour and then you get a face-to-face interview with your soon to be Section Manager. I think unless you are a complete dodo you have got the job.

Interview Question – What would you change in the store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – THey will always work around you to find the hours that suit you best.

Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in March 2009.

Interview Details – They phoned me up and said my application was accepted can I please come in for a group selectyion. You are then put in a room with about 10 other people and asked to build a tower from building blocks its all about team work. You have to then chant the Asda anthem after that I got taken back for another interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiaition of wage.

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!