ASDA Sales Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ASDA in March 2012.

Built towers from marsh mellows and spaghetti

Interview Questions

got offered at sainsburys- better company to work for

Other Interview Reviews for ASDA

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ASDA.

There were 4 interview processes. The managers were very friendly and made everyone felt at ease. There was a 1:1 interview at first, then 2 other group interviews and then assessments were taken from all of us. Questions such as why are you applying for this job?, what will you do to help improve this store?, etc. Some intelligence questions were asked and we were told to sell products too. It was a good process in general.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to compare between detergents and choose the best to sell to the customer. It was unexpected.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate as there is a fixed rate.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bodmin, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bodmin, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ASDA in May 2011.

Asda Magic consisted of about 12 of us in a group interview with four observers. We had numbers on Post-It notes attached to our backs and had to get ourselves in to numerical order without asking anyone what our number was. We then had to work in three groups, discussing how we could make Asda more envinmentally friendly. We had a tour of the store and watched an Asda DVD. The whole thing took about 2 hours. If you were sucessful, you were phoned to come back for the 'Have a Go' which is basically a try out on the shop floor filling shelves etc, for about 3/4 hour and then you get a face-to-face interview with your soon to be Section Manager. I think unless you are a complete dodo you have got the job.

Interview Questions
    THey will always work around you to find the hours that suit you best.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASDA in March 2009.

They phoned me up and said my application was accepted can I please come in for a group selectyion. You are then put in a room with about 10 other people and asked to build a tower from building blocks its all about team work. You have to then chant the Asda anthem after that I got taken back for another interview.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiaition of wage.

Worked for ASDA? Contribute to the Community!