ASML

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in November 2013.

Met a manager at a college career fair. Applied for the position online, and later got a call from a Monster recruiter. A few weeks later I was invited down to Wilton, where I spoke to a number of controls and mechatronics engineers. Most of the interviews were casual and involved technical discussions of my research and about ASML's machines.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a salary increase of $8500.

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASML in July 2013.

Got the interview through Monster recruiting (got a phone screen rather than me applying for it through website). Filled out online application then HR contact scheduled interviews. Met with a variety of people from Finance to General Manager/VP. Was a little confusing in that it seemed like they were trying to push me to one position over another depending who I talked to in my interview. Interviewers were personable though I could tell that the main person (VP/GM) wanted someone with industry experience. Also, add an extra half hour to your commute over there as the routes sometimes get unexpectedly congested even in the middle of the day; such is the traffic into that area (Wilton, CT).

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in November 2012.

Third party recruiter set up initial phone interviews. There were two phone interviews talking about my resume, previous experiences and what kind of job I'm looking for. In-person interview with 6 technical people and 2 HR people. Technical interviews were spent presenting a power point of some of the projects that I worked on in grad school. HR interviews asked about salary, and personality type questions.

Interview Questions
    • There a part known to have a natural resonant frequency of 60 Hz, what considerations would you need to make to actuate this part with a servo.   View Answer
    I gave them a range of salaries, they chose the middle. I then countered with the middle of their offer and my upper bound. They had to wait a day, but they accepted.

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in April 2010.

Inefficient and clumsy. Perhaps for a more advanced position such as analysis or research engineer the process may have moved quicker. As per most HR organizations these days they force you to make the first statement on salary. They are at least pleasant and provided a challenging interview in the technical sense. However, the actual job did not use any technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Several detailed questions about vibration analysis and kinematics. These were difficult, and while somewhat expectable; they had no relationship to the ultimate job.   Answer Question
    First salary request was accepted immediately. This leads me to believe asking for more and entering a negotiation phase would have been more beneficial.