ASML

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer I Interview

Design Engineer I
Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ASML in April 2010.

Interview Details – Inefficient and clumsy. Perhaps for a more advanced position such as analysis or research engineer the process may have moved quicker. As per most HR organizations these days they force you to make the first statement on salary. They are at least pleasant and provided a challenging interview in the technical sense. However, the actual job did not use any technical knowledge.

Interview Question – Several detailed questions about vibration analysis and kinematics. These were difficult, and while somewhat expectable; they had no relationship to the ultimate job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First salary request was accepted immediately. This leads me to believe asking for more and entering a negotiation phase would have been more beneficial.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Design Engineer I Interview

Design Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ASML.

Interview Details – Initial communication via phone, followed up with several emails, then finally a couple of more phone calls. Initial phone call was discussed whether I was interested, available, and describing the position. The follow up emails communicated resume, references, examples of previous work, and position details. Then i had an on site interview with the team i would work with. Then a phone call with a recruiter, who communicated all salary and relocation details in follow up calls.

Interview Question – Draw out an entire litho scanner.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at ASML

Worked for ASML? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASML Design Engineer I interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ASML employees and interview candidates.