ASML Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.7

Design Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASML.

Had four rounds of interview , and last round of the interview is to write of the output of given programs in the paper. there are like 20 programs and other three rounds are behavioral with hr and technical interview with software manager and one more interview is with discussion of projects in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • asks to draw on board explaining the circuit connections of project   Answer Question

i got in other comapny

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASML in July 2014.

I was referred from a friend at the company, an interview was setup with the hiring manager about a week later. I was co-interviewed by the hiring manager and another. Ten or so veryy general behavioral questions were asked.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online – interviewed at ASML in March 2014.

Got an Email in the morning to ask for time to do a INFORMAL chat, it turned out to be a telephone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in November 2013.

Met a manager at a college career fair. Applied for the position online, and later got a call from a Monster recruiter. A few weeks later I was invited down to Wilton, where I spoke to a number of controls and mechatronics engineers. Most of the interviews were casual and involved technical discussions of my research and about ASML's machines.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls can fit in this room?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a salary increase of $8500.

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASML in July 2013.

Got the interview through Monster recruiting (got a phone screen rather than me applying for it through website). Filled out online application then HR contact scheduled interviews. Met with a variety of people from Finance to General Manager/VP. Was a little confusing in that it seemed like they were trying to push me to one position over another depending who I talked to in my interview. Interviewers were personable though I could tell that the main person (VP/GM) wanted someone with industry experience. Also, add an extra half hour to your commute over there as the routes sometimes get unexpectedly congested even in the middle of the day; such is the traffic into that area (Wilton, CT).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in November 2012.

Third party recruiter set up initial phone interviews. There were two phone interviews talking about my resume, previous experiences and what kind of job I'm looking for. In-person interview with 6 technical people and 2 HR people. Technical interviews were spent presenting a power point of some of the projects that I worked on in grad school. HR interviews asked about salary, and personality type questions.

Interview Questions
    • There a part known to have a natural resonant frequency of 60 Hz, what considerations would you need to make to actuate this part with a servo.   View Answer
    I gave them a range of salaries, they chose the middle. I then countered with the middle of their offer and my upper bound. They had to wait a day, but they accepted.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASML in September 2012.

The Hiring Manager called me after 2 weeks I submitted my resume to the company website. It was another opening in the phone interview. In the interview, he asked if I have experience in Perl Programming and some background knowledge in lithography. Also he asked a few questions related to signal processing. At the end of the phone interview, he planed to schedule a time for onsite interview, but I didn't hear from him after more than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Math form of Fourier Transform?   View Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at ASML in February 2011.

The recruiter saw my resume and experience and called me right away for an interview the next day. The interviewer was a cool guy. Simply put, the people who work for ASML in the US seem to be down to earth. Of course this is only based off one interview.

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in April 2010.

Inefficient and clumsy. Perhaps for a more advanced position such as analysis or research engineer the process may have moved quicker. As per most HR organizations these days they force you to make the first statement on salary. They are at least pleasant and provided a challenging interview in the technical sense. However, the actual job did not use any technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Several detailed questions about vibration analysis and kinematics. These were difficult, and while somewhat expectable; they had no relationship to the ultimate job.   Answer Question
    First salary request was accepted immediately. This leads me to believe asking for more and entering a negotiation phase would have been more beneficial.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ASML in November 2009.

More than 3 phone interviews were conducted before the final on site. The on site was for a whole day. Talking to people from other groups as well as the hiring group. In general, technique questions. Finally a paper exam with lots of questions from high school or college. I would suggest a review of high school courses if you had left high school for more than 7 years.