ASML Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ASML.

Interview

Applied online to recruiter site. General C++ plus question, the interviewer had a heavy European accent. For every answer I gave he said good answer. It was 20 minutes interview I guess he was just doing for sake of it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ASML in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency. First phone screen and then onsite interview for 4 hours with four different people. The whole process took around 6 hours. Mostly technical and questions from previous project

Interview Questions

• C programs, bit shifting, prior experience, technical challenges faced previously, design questions   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I ask my friend to refer my resume to the manager. One week later, I got an phone interview. Two weeks later, I got the onsite interview. The interview questions are most about behavior questions. There are some questions about technical stuff. They are not very difficult. I wait for long time for their response for almost two months. I still don't get their reply. They need me to work overthere as soon as possible. But I am not able to do so.

Interview Questions

• The manager ask about Fourier Transform, Least square estimation and also about PN junction.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASML in December 2014.

Interview

The Staffing Agency scheduled the phone interview. The interview lasted one hour. Tough interview that asked both mechanical and behavioral questions. The interviewer was serious, firm and to the point, unforgiving of missed questions.

Interview Questions

• When would you design with a high Factor of Safety?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between low cycle and high cycle fatigue?   1 Answer
    • How do you decide what the torque should be on a M10 bolt?   1 Answer
    • When designing a component, how do you ensure that it is top quality?   1 Answer
    • What techniques do you use to improve yourself? Give an example of how you were able to motivate team members   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASML.

Interview

Had four rounds of interview , and last round of the interview is to write of the output of given programs in the paper. there are like 20 programs and other three rounds are behavioral with hr and technical interview with software manager and one more interview is with discussion of projects in the resume.

Interview Questions

• asks to draw on board explaining the circuit connections of project   Answer Question

i got in other comapny

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASML (Clifton Park, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred from a friend at the company, an interview was setup with the hiring manager about a week later. I was co-interviewed by the hiring manager and another. Ten or so veryy general behavioral questions were asked.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASML (Malta, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Got an Email in the morning to ask for time to do a INFORMAL chat, it turned out to be a telephone interview.

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

Met a manager at a college career fair. Applied for the position online, and later got a call from a Monster recruiter. A few weeks later I was invited down to Wilton, where I spoke to a number of controls and mechatronics engineers. Most of the interviews were casual and involved technical discussions of my research and about ASML's machines.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls can fit in this room?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary increase of $8500.

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

Got the interview through Monster recruiting (got a phone screen rather than me applying for it through website). Filled out online application then HR contact scheduled interviews. Met with a variety of people from Finance to General Manager/VP. Was a little confusing in that it seemed like they were trying to push me to one position over another depending who I talked to in my interview. Interviewers were personable though I could tell that the main person (VP/GM) wanted someone with industry experience. Also, add an extra half hour to your commute over there as the routes sometimes get unexpectedly congested even in the middle of the day; such is the traffic into that area (Wilton, CT).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ASML in June 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a third party recruiter about a month after applying to the position. A month later I was called in for an all day interview where I met with 8 different people. Most of the questions were either technical or about my past experience. A lot of the interviewers had me draw concepts/solve problems on paper.

Interview Questions

• If you have an infinitely flat and stiff object and lay it on an infinitely flat and stiff surface, how many points of contact are there?   Answer Question