ASOS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.2

Customer Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I have applied through their career web-site, got a phone call from recruitment team 2 weeks later -they invited me for an interview. At first I thought it going to be a group interview, as there were 5 more persons waiting for the interviewer at the same time, but in fact it wasn't. They just gave us (6 candidates) written task and then took us for 1:1 interview. The interview itself was relatively easy, pretty standard questions. The interviewer was a nice girl, we just chatted, quite informally, really. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ASOS? What companies do you think are the rivals of ASOS?   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Their recruitment manager contacted me by email. No job description sent! Interviewers were 30 minutes late and not those originally stated. Not professional. Line of questions were mainly around Agile/SCRUM. They are looking for ScrumMasters!. Not what I expected so pointless interview. In retrospect, shouldn’t have accepted the interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with SCRUM   1 Answer

Customer Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ASOS (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Poor & unprofessional experience despite the level of role being recruited for. Interviews repeatedly rescheduled, incorrect information given including being sent to the wrong address. ASOS appear to have major issues with organisation despite the success of the company and would do well to consider how this process reflects on them as a business to potential candidates. Was eventually offered to interview for a role that wasn't suitable and so withdrew from the (very long) process. Would not recommend.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was headhunted through linkedin by an internal talent recruitment partner for IT from ASOS. Initially I received an email querying my interest and requesting a copy of my CV. This was then followed up by phone screening which was done at my convenience on a Bank Holiday. It was a very pleasant informal call where I was able to get a good insight into the company, the vision, the role in detail and the culture of the organisation. The screening questions were well structured. The call ended in a friendly manner as the recruiter knew colleagues I am currently working with and have worked with in the past. The manner the process was done excited me as ASOS was not a company I was looking to join prior to the conversation. I could feel the passion by the recruiter associated with ASOS Brand and this was a very refreshing experience. Unfortunately my skills was not quite suitable for the role, but I was told that my details would be kept for future opportunities. Overall I enjoyed the process and look forward to another opportunity with ASOS. My advice to others, don't expect a standard HR screening ; this was a more in depth technical screening which normally I would have expected from a Line Head.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe one of the most challenging projects you have delivered , why was it challenging and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Q: If you were to look back at your career with the insight you have now, what would you do differently and why ?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ASOS.

Interview

I had a phone interview with 2 architects. It was difficult to hear them as I was put on speaker. They asked me low level questions about c# data types as well as design patterns, amongst other things. Based on the questions I was asked I knew the role wasn't for me, as they were after a coder really, there was no room for interacting with the business, no questions asked about accomplishments. The reason I am giving them a negative feedback here is because their feedback to the recruiter was the most insulting I have ever received, in which they implied I do not know the basics of programming.

Interview Questions

• Memory allocation and management for value and reference types   Answer Question

Product Compliance Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got a phone call a month after my online application and arranged an interview for a few days later. Waited an hour for the interview due to a technical mixed up? There were two people interviewing me, one from the HR and the other is the department manager. They were nice. After the interview, it was a 30 mins language test (multiple choice). I was told I will be contacted with the decision within a week but never heard from them.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two stage, run through of position and responsibilities, explanation of the team structure and position within the company. Firstly met with my manager and then 2nd round with two other team members. Relaxed atmosphere, they were obviously trying to assess how well I'd fit into the team and how much I understood of the role as it was a new department

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict, how do you manage your time, give examples of how you'd fit in   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They are not looking for someone who can code but rather for someone who can speak their way out. This wasn't made clear before the interview and seems like the criteria is very subjective depending on who does the interview. However it was very disappointing that no leadership type of questions were asked or assessment performed which implies that the successful candidate may have none of them and hinder the development team instead of enabling them. Additionally no personality fitness criteria were applied that could lead the candidate ending up in an incompatible team.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted CV after seeing an advert on LinkedIn, didn't hear anything for about 6 months but then the internal recruitment team invited me for interview and it all happened within the space of 4 days. Technical test and 1-1 interview.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASOS.

Interview

Despite the extremely flawed communication between the hiring manager(s) and the ASOS HR team I managed to have 2 interviews for the position, and low and behold heard nothing back from anyone post-second interview...they just string you along and leave you on the back burner claiming to be making a decision when in fact the hiring manager was already planning to hire a friend of a colleague.