ASPCA

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.8

Government Relations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ASPCA.

I applied for the position online, and a couple weeks later was asked to come to the office for an in-person interviewer. My interviewer was very friendly and easy going, and our meeting was anything but intimidating. We talked over specific parts of my resume, and standard questions were asked such as "Why are you interested in working here?" and "Where do you see yourself in five years?". My interviewer even gave me a tour of the office afterwards and introduced me to employees (and even some of their pets). Everybody was extraordinarily gracious, and the entire process only took 20-30 minutes.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at ASPCA in October 2014.

Interview came about 3 weeks after applying. HR rep said they would follow up for in person and never got back to me. The interviewer knew nothing about the actual position I was applying for and didn't follow up even to let me know if they had gone with another candidate. Its been two months now and the position is still open on their web site.

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem you've encountered at your past job and how you remedied the issue.   Answer Question

Content and Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ASPCA in November 2013.

Their internal recruiter is terrible, I was supposed to have a phone interview with her, she never contacted me, so I wrote to the head of the department and she was very gracious and contacted the recruiter for me. When I finally did have the interview, there was no apology or explanation at all.
    The last woman I interviewed with would have been my direct supervisor. She was rather confrontational and said she "couldn't tell that I loved animals", and also swore, which I don't usually mind, but come on, it's a job interview.
    I interviewed three times and met with three people, never heard back after I did the written test. I get it, they hired someone else, but let people know. It's only fair.
    I found the entire experience very unprofessional. It's a shame because I really believe in their mission.

Interview Questions
    • You don't strike me as someone who loves animals. Can you prove it?   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ASPCA.

I called before graduating from college, and interviewed the week after school ended. There was a panel of 3-4 people interviewing me. The interview consisted of typical interview questions like, "What do you know about the ASPCA?" There were also some medical questions and math problems to make sure I knew the right stuff. I was offered a position before leaving the building.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you have gone above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    The ASPCA had an offer on paper for me before I was done interviewing. I was a recent college graduate at the time, and I didn't negotiate. I just accepted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ASPCA in March 2011.

Phone screens seem common these days and this company was no different. After initial phone screen I had several follow-up personal interviews. My first interview was one of mixed feelings since upon arriving the receptionist was complaining about how much she hates her job. The executives I met with were a warm welcome with a wonderful insight into the organization after my witness of the receptionist. I had to return several times rather than meeting with multiple people on the same day which seemed redundant. Overall seems like a really decent company to work for aside from the crabby receptionist.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASPCA.

Things moved very fast, which is nice compared to other companies. HR was professional and responsive. Seems like a great place to work. People in the building were friendly. Pets all around. Fun.

Interview Questions

Shift didn't work with my family responsibilities