ASPCA Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Content and Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ASPCA in November 2013.

Their internal recruiter is terrible, I was supposed to have a phone interview with her, she never contacted me, so I wrote to the head of the department and she was very gracious and contacted the recruiter for me. When I finally did have the interview, there was no apology or explanation at all.
    The last woman I interviewed with would have been my direct supervisor. She was rather confrontational and said she "couldn't tell that I loved animals", and also swore, which I don't usually mind, but come on, it's a job interview.
    I interviewed three times and met with three people, never heard back after I did the written test. I get it, they hired someone else, but let people know. It's only fair.
    I found the entire experience very unprofessional. It's a shame because I really believe in their mission.

Interview Questions
    • You don't strike me as someone who loves animals. Can you prove it?   Answer Question

Veterinary Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Urbana, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ASPCA.

I called before graduating from college, and interviewed the week after school ended. There was a panel of 3-4 people interviewing me. The interview consisted of typical interview questions like, "What do you know about the ASPCA?" There were also some medical questions and math problems to make sure I knew the right stuff. I was offered a position before leaving the building.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you have gone above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    The ASPCA had an offer on paper for me before I was done interviewing. I was a recent college graduate at the time, and I didn't negotiate. I just accepted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ASPCA in March 2011.

Phone screens seem common these days and this company was no different. After initial phone screen I had several follow-up personal interviews. My first interview was one of mixed feelings since upon arriving the receptionist was complaining about how much she hates her job. The executives I met with were a warm welcome with a wonderful insight into the organization after my witness of the receptionist. I had to return several times rather than meeting with multiple people on the same day which seemed redundant. Overall seems like a really decent company to work for aside from the crabby receptionist.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASPCA.

Things moved very fast, which is nice compared to other companies. HR was professional and responsive. Seems like a great place to work. People in the building were friendly. Pets all around. Fun.

Interview Questions

Shift didn't work with my family responsibilities

Worked for ASPCA? Contribute to the Community!