ASUREA

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ASUREA.

Interview Details – Poor planning, poor comunication, un-professional, inappropriate interview style, too low payscale when finally disclosed for position

Interview Question – Very few questions about skills or experience, long on-line questionnaire without any results   View Answer

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA.

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy but it gives the candidate the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to be a successful agent.

Interview Question – I didn't feel like the questions were difficult. It was a straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Base salary plus commission.

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process felt extremely long... Three weeks to be exact. That's unheard of in the insurance industry, as most people are hired on the spot. I guess it's in line with their reputation of being selective with whom they bring on board.

The first interview went over my background mainly. The second interview was the longest of the three, as it outlined everything pertaining to company salary, benefits, commission structure, and what's expected if hired, etc. The third interview was also brief, but crucial as you're being evaluated on your ability to memorize and recite a lengthy portion of the sales presentation. It's not an impossible task and thankfully I was given three days in advance to prepare.

Interview Question – No question was anything I'd describe as being difficult or out of the clear blue sky. Everything was very relaxed and conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't any negotiation when it comes to salary. I can say they really are willing to work with their agent's work/life balance. I was given an offer of employment contingent upon my successful completion of the pre-employment production phase.

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a waste of time. Just a meet and greet, for a long drive.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected at this time.   Answer Question

Interviewed at ASUREA

Interview Details – Lady called and did a 5 minute prescreening. Next step is face to face.

Interview Question – Have you heard of this company?   View Answer

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in March 2013.

Interview Details – There were a total of 4 interviews. The first was an initial phone screening. The rest were one on interviews with the area manager. It was a comfortable conversation. The manager was young, down to earth and easy to talk to.

The final interview also required you recite the sales presentation. After that, he offered me the position. I had to get licensed and I was allowed two weeks for the exam. They also require you to make 4 sales before you are officially hired on. I have closed 2 of 4 deals so far. Hoping to get the next two in the upcoming days.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. One question was: what was your proudest achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. There is a base salary and uncapped commission once you are official.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at ASUREA in September 2012.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to informative and mostly thorough. The interviewer did a good job of creating a very relaxed and open setting. However, I did leave with a few questions as it pertained to day to day activities and expectations. As well as a few details that were missing in regards to employee benefits.

Interview Question – What was I most proud of in my life up to that point?   Answer Question

Delray Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA.

Interview Details – 3 steps

Interview Question – they won't tell you that you will work for free the first two weeks and wont be officially hired until yo write for deals, that comes after you have commited and starting to work there. htese are all facts   View Answers (11)

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation. they make it sound great and then tell you the facts after you start. ask them for an offer letter and that will tell you everything

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ASUREA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ASUREA Insurance Agent interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by ASUREA employees and interview candidates.