ASUREA

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews

New Business Interview

New Business

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ASUREA in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very comfortable interview

Negotiation Details – Have not gotten to that point yet because I am still on with the temp agency

Delray Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA.

Interview Details – 3 steps

Interview Question – they won't tell you that you will work for free the first two weeks and wont be officially hired until yo write for deals, that comes after you have commited and starting to work there. htese are all facts   View Answers (11)

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation. they make it sound great and then tell you the facts after you start. ask them for an offer letter and that will tell you everything

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a waste of time. Just a meet and greet, for a long drive.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected at this time.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process felt extremely long... Three weeks to be exact. That's unheard of in the insurance industry, as most people are hired on the spot. I guess it's in line with their reputation of being selective with whom they bring on board.

The first interview went over my background mainly. The second interview was the longest of the three, as it outlined everything pertaining to company salary, benefits, commission structure, and what's expected if hired, etc. The third interview was also brief, but crucial as you're being evaluated on your ability to memorize and recite a lengthy portion of the sales presentation. It's not an impossible task and thankfully I was given three days in advance to prepare.

Interview Question – No question was anything I'd describe as being difficult or out of the clear blue sky. Everything was very relaxed and conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't any negotiation when it comes to salary. I can say they really are willing to work with their agent's work/life balance. I was given an offer of employment contingent upon my successful completion of the pre-employment production phase.

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA.

Interview Details – The interview process is lengthy but it gives the candidate the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to be a successful agent.

Interview Question – I didn't feel like the questions were difficult. It was a straight forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Base salary plus commission.

Director Interview

Director
Roseville, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in October 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to a contact I had for an introduction to the company and after several phone and in person interviews, I was offered a position to build a new unit within the company.

Interview Question – The interview process is relaxed and the interviewers look to put the candidate at ease. The interview questions were mostly targeted toward my expertise and experience. In depth questions were more conversational than interview type questions. I developed a project plan for building a new unit within the company and delivered to several different people on the executive team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An written offer was delivered via email and I accepted it.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ASUREA in March 2013.

Interview Details – There were a total of 4 interviews. The first was an initial phone screening. The rest were one on interviews with the area manager. It was a comfortable conversation. The manager was young, down to earth and easy to talk to.

The final interview also required you recite the sales presentation. After that, he offered me the position. I had to get licensed and I was allowed two weeks for the exam. They also require you to make 4 sales before you are officially hired on. I have closed 2 of 4 deals so far. Hoping to get the next two in the upcoming days.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. One question was: what was your proudest achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. There is a base salary and uncapped commission once you are official.

Insurance Sales Professional Interview

Insurance Sales Professional
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ASUREA in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was called immediately when I sent my resume. They said it was salary 26k, benefits and the minimum you would make is between 60 and 80k.

Interview Question – The interview was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at ASUREA in September 2012.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to informative and mostly thorough. The interviewer did a good job of creating a very relaxed and open setting. However, I did leave with a few questions as it pertained to day to day activities and expectations. As well as a few details that were missing in regards to employee benefits.

Interview Question – What was I most proud of in my life up to that point?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Sales Interview

Insurance Sales
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ASUREA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Responded to add online and completed the profile test. Received a follow up call to arrange an face to face interview with local manager.

Interview Question – Have to say it was a very weak interview. Met with the local manager, who obviously has very little experience interviewing. No questions were asked regarding my background and very little information given other than restating what was told to me by the telephone interview.

The manager basically said that if they like me, they will call me to take the next step. I received an email from them declining to move forward and work with others that closely match the position. My background is 10 years in insurance sales in group/individual products as well as serving as an underwriting manager for individual products with a well known insurance company and very familiar with their products, can only assume they are looking for newly licensed agents or recent college graduates. Would be interested in knowing how many people get hired that are in their 30s+
  View Answers (2)

Worked for ASUREA? Contribute to the Community!