AT&T

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Rochelle, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – 3 round interviews. You have to pass an assessment test that will prove your sales skills. Dress professional and make sure you answer all of your questions with an ending question for them.

Interview Question – What made you choose us from other companies   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process including a two day assessment, phone interview, one on one interview, then a group interview. Then the drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Why is the most important thing you would improve about yourself and how would you do it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. There was a base salary plus commission. The benefits are very good especially the health care coverage and tuition reimbursement plan.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview Details – AE Assessment/role play

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer request to lower my bill?   View Answers (2)

Account Executive

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in October 2009.

Interview Details – don't remember entire process, had initial interview to pre screen, then skills assessment and role play test and then another interview followed by the job offer

Interview Question – role play where a customer could not be satisfied   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Chicago position. Two days later, I received an email to take skills test downtown Chicago. I passed test then had a 1:1 interview a week later. I received a follow up email stating I received an offer but never heard from HR.

Interview Questions

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2009.

Interview Details – I am an internal employee trying to move on to another adventure, with a higher salary. Ihave applied for four positions, and received tentative offers for each of them, in the last 14 months. In two cases, three months into the process, the division has been dissolved. The other two the positions have been filled by individuals that have been surplussed out of their old jobs. Those who offered the jobs then offer your name to others who are hiring and when the surplusses are done, who knows it may actually happen

The good news is that the interviews are fair, unbiased and job related.

The bad news is that the process takes months, Because the company is undergoing repeated reorganizations the job may or may not exist by the time the process is completed, or three months after you are hired.

Interview Question – None. Questions are job related and include willingness to spend alot of windsheiled time, need for extensive documentation and tought sales targets   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview
one on one with District Manager
one on one with General Manager
Ride along
Offer Letter

Interview Question – Background   View Answer

Account Executive

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an outside recruiter. After speaking about my background and the position, she set up an interview with the General Manager and Sales Manager. I interviewed with both of them at the same time. Their questions consisted primarily of questions about my background and experiences and we discussed how my experiences would relate to their position. Some role playing was involved but not too in depth. Overall it was a very conversational interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was going through the interview process with a few different companies and chose another offer.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!