AT&T

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy, aptitude test moderate then a face to face role play

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great got more base with experience

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test, if pass then an in-person role play.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with hiring manager, spoke with hr about drug/background check, offer letter was negotiated/sent and received a start date.

Interview Question – Standard, tell me about your background. Questions regarding where you worked and why you left. Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Back and fourth negotiations with HR until an offer letter was determined.

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – If you speak with the hiring manager directly, you can bypass all the red tape and terrible HR systems/filters that this company has. Usually the interview process is a 3 step process, you interview on the phone, in person with a panel, and usually then your hiring manager.

Interview Question – None, just be ready tell sell on the spot, be it a pen, cell phone, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They always low ball you on salary and say you can make it up with your commission. If you can justify you pay with past pay stubs, you will have a better chance of getting what you want.

Tualatin, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 sales managers as well as Regional Vice President. Pretty typical interview about experience growing business, cold calling, expectations, and timeline

Interview Question – It's your typical questions about solving problems, dealing with difficult customers, working as as team, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could have negotiated slightly, but it was an increase in what i was already making, so I accepted as is.

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hired into an LDP and then after 5 months of training into AM role

Interview Question – one hour of tricky personality assessment questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non exsistent

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Question – Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-existent.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2009.

Interview Details – You are pre-screened by a recruiter and brought in for face-to-face interview. Once hired, you go through training requiring your to memorize a two page scrip. There is a test you need to pass and group presentation panel to actually secured your place on the team. Thereafter, its very similar to survivor contest as you watch your team member get voted off one-by-one.

Interview Question – Do recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very formal and regimented. They definitely have a process in place that they stick to. At times they actually tried to talk you out of the job in hopes that you would cave if you didn't think you were up to the task. The actual description of the past success of reps in the same territory was not given when asked. Ultimately I feel I didn't have enough experience dealing with the size customers that this job required.

Interview Question – If you were driving down a freeway and saw a dog walking on the side of the road, what would you do?   View Answer

Account Manager

The process took 6 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR Manager, and did the first interview.
Consequently, I was told to speak to the hiring manager for my position, but the HR manager lost, apparently, some of the paperwork. The process had to start all over again.

Interview Question – Why are you applying to this position   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Company reviews on line and office climate experienced during interview process. Did not like what I saw

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!