AT&T

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Phone interview was easy, aptitude test moderate then a face to face role play

Interview Questions
Great got more base with experience

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Aptitude Test, if pass then an in-person role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interviewed with hiring manager, spoke with hr about drug/background check, offer letter was negotiated/sent and received a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, tell me about your background. Questions regarding where you worked and why you left. Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position.   View Answer
    Back and fourth negotiations with HR until an offer letter was determined.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T.

If you speak with the hiring manager directly, you can bypass all the red tape and terrible HR systems/filters that this company has. Usually the interview process is a 3 step process, you interview on the phone, in person with a panel, and usually then your hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • None, just be ready tell sell on the spot, be it a pen, cell phone, etc.   View Answer
    They always low ball you on salary and say you can make it up with your commission. If you can justify you pay with past pay stubs, you will have a better chance of getting what you want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tualatin, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interviewed with 2 sales managers as well as Regional Vice President. Pretty typical interview about experience growing business, cold calling, expectations, and timeline

Interview Questions
    • It's your typical questions about solving problems, dealing with difficult customers, working as as team, etc   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated slightly, but it was an increase in what i was already making, so I accepted as is.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

Hired into an LDP and then after 5 months of training into AM role

non exsistent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question
    non-existent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2009.

You are pre-screened by a recruiter and brought in for face-to-face interview. Once hired, you go through training requiring your to memorize a two page scrip. There is a test you need to pass and group presentation panel to actually secured your place on the team. Thereafter, its very similar to survivor contest as you watch your team member get voted off one-by-one.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2009.

Very formal and regimented. They definitely have a process in place that they stick to. At times they actually tried to talk you out of the job in hopes that you would cave if you didn't think you were up to the task. The actual description of the past success of reps in the same territory was not given when asked. Ultimately I feel I didn't have enough experience dealing with the size customers that this job required.

Interview Questions
    • If you were driving down a freeway and saw a dog walking on the side of the road, what would you do?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

The process took 6 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2012.

I was contacted by an HR Manager, and did the first interview.
    Consequently, I was told to speak to the hiring manager for my position, but the HR manager lost, apparently, some of the paperwork. The process had to start all over again.

Interview Questions

Company reviews on line and office climate experienced during interview process. Did not like what I saw

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!