AT&T

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

If you speak with the hiring manager directly, you can bypass all the red tape and terrible HR systems/filters that this company has. Usually the interview process is a 3 step process, you interview on the phone, in person with a panel, and usually then your hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • None, just be ready tell sell on the spot, be it a pen, cell phone, etc.   View Answer
They always low ball you on salary and say you can make it up with your commission. If you can justify you pay with past pay stubs, you will have a better chance of getting what you want.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interviewed with 2 sales managers as well as Regional Vice President. Pretty typical interview about experience growing business, cold calling, expectations, and timeline

Interview Questions
    • It's your typical questions about solving problems, dealing with difficult customers, working as as team, etc   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated slightly, but it was an increase in what i was already making, so I accepted as is.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview process was enjoyable as it was one on one with my manager. The hiring process was a bit difficult as the folks who were handling my documents lost the documents and I was delayed in my hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would have been in reference to experience and compensation.   View Answer
    Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interviewed with hiring manager, spoke with hr about drug/background check, offer letter was negotiated/sent and received a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, tell me about your background. Questions regarding where you worked and why you left. Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position.   View Answer
    Back and fourth negotiations with HR until an offer letter was determined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question
    non-existent.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2011.

Hired into an LDP and then after 5 months of training into AM role

non exsistent

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in February 2011.

It took 5 phone interviews, 1 in person interview, and a panel presentation. The interviews had tons of "what would you do if" questions, and lots of sales questions: Given this solution, how would you qualify an opportunity for (insert company name)?

Interview Questions
    • I was provided a business case, and it was difficult to complete my panel presentation. The phone and in person interview were much more difficult.   Answer Question
    You can ask for more money, but it doesn't always work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Phone interview was easy, aptitude test moderate then a face to face role play

Interview Questions
    Great got more base with experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Aptitude Test, if pass then an in-person role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in May 2009.

You are pre-screened by a recruiter and brought in for face-to-face interview. Once hired, you go through training requiring your to memorize a two page scrip. There is a test you need to pass and group presentation panel to actually secured your place on the team. Thereafter, its very similar to survivor contest as you watch your team member get voted off one-by-one.

none