AT&T

13 interviews

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T.

Hiring process takes some time. Interviewed for the position, offered the position 2 weeks later, offer letter came almost a month later. Total process was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
  • All questions are typical for the position. Tell me a time when something didnt turn out the way you wanted it to and how did you overcome it? Prepare for the interview.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

I applied on line. I had my first interview with HR and it went well. I then had interviews at a few retail locations with the store managers until one store found me as a good fit. Once one liked me I had a drug test and a background investigation. The background was time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your direct supervisor asks you to do something you would consider unethical.   View Answer
    It took 3 months, and it included a background and drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview process is lengthy. Expect to have 2-4 face to face interviews with 2-7 people in the room. Reach out to as many people whom work in the company (in your area). Process can take 1-3 months from initial interview process. Typically 3 weeks of training. Understand the demands of the role you are interviewing for, and relate your past experience to those demands. If you are going for a sales role, illustrate your passion for exceeding quatos and have experience to support that. Express your desires to stay with the company long term, and your desires to move up and expand the company. Working in a team helpful environment, with the passion to be number one.

Interview Questions
    • I've been through 8 interviews with the company, and every manager is different in what questions they will ask. I would say be prepared to talk highly of yourself and have past experiences on hand to support your strengths. Speak highly to being coachable, sales driven, leadership, and accountability.   Answer Question
    Area manager at the time was very proactive in helping me get the best pay as I was already an employee.

Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Apply Online, Answer personality test. Interview with Store manager. Canned questions using STAR structure. Passed onto Area sales manager, finally to Director of Sales. Management position leaves you in charge of Union members who can pretty much do as they please.

Not enough money, 55 hour work weeks work all Weekends and holidays

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2009.

Good questions to weed out those that are not qualified. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you failed and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

It is a repetative behavioral questionare, so they will ask you questions such as "what is the most difficult decision you had to make...at work etc" make sure you don't go off in a tangent to a different story, stick to the question and the trick is this question WILL be asked again using different words later on. The whole interview is like this so don't mess up your answers! Be consistent and pay attention, you body posture is important and smile speak clearly.

Interview Questions
    • "What is the most difficult decision you had to make about a coworker and why" actually there is a bunch of questions like this so they can all be either really easy or really hard depending on your prior experience. The name of the game is Professional Attitude, Positive, Prompt Answers   View Answer
    Just the salary, You can ask what their Salary Range is and depending on your experience you will usually get what you are asking for. So 5 years ago I was offered only a base of 28K per year and I said that I was asking for 32K and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

I had an interview with recruiter, then with area manager then with district manager. So total of 3 interviews and it takes a good month from start to finish if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty expected questions like...
      1. Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge or dealt with difficult people
      2. Why do you think we should pick you
      3. What do you know about retail, sales or customer service and etc
        Answer Question
    they gave me an offer letter with a salary and commission projection and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T in July 2008.

Hiring process takes a long time. You will get a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. You may be in the room with multiple interviewers.m

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions are based on examples of customer situations and sales you made at previous jobs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at AT&T in June 2008.

Not too painful just be ready for questions to challenge you

Not bad at all, 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Scenerio Questions. Action Plan review, and the normal (what would yoube bringing to the table) questions

Interview Questions

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!