AT&T

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on line. I had my first interview with HR and it went well. I then had interviews at a few retail locations with the store managers until one store found me as a good fit. Once one liked me I had a drug test and a background investigation. The background was time consuming.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where your direct supervisor asks you to do something you would consider unethical.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took 3 months, and it included a background and drug test.

Very Difficult Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is lengthy. Expect to have 2-4 face to face interviews with 2-7 people in the room. Reach out to as many people whom work in the company (in your area). Process can take 1-3 months from initial interview process. Typically 3 weeks of training. Understand the demands of the role you are interviewing for, and relate your past experience to those demands. If you are going for a sales role, illustrate your passion for exceeding quatos and have experience to support that. Express your desires to stay with the company long term, and your desires to move up and expand the company. Working in a team helpful environment, with the passion to be number one.

Interview Question – I've been through 8 interviews with the company, and every manager is different in what questions they will ask. I would say be prepared to talk highly of yourself and have past experiences on hand to support your strengths. Speak highly to being coachable, sales driven, leadership, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Area manager at the time was very proactive in helping me get the best pay as I was already an employee.

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Interview Details – Apply Online, Answer personality test. Interview with Store manager. Canned questions using STAR structure. Passed onto Area sales manager, finally to Director of Sales. Management position leaves you in charge of Union members who can pretty much do as they please.

Interview Question – name a time you were held accountable?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough money, 55 hour work weeks work all Weekends and holidays

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2009.

Interview Details – Good questions to weed out those that are not qualified. Good experience.

Interview Question – What was a time that you failed and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

Interview Details – It is a repetative behavioral questionare, so they will ask you questions such as "what is the most difficult decision you had to make...at work etc" make sure you don't go off in a tangent to a different story, stick to the question and the trick is this question WILL be asked again using different words later on. The whole interview is like this so don't mess up your answers! Be consistent and pay attention, you body posture is important and smile speak clearly.

Interview Question – "What is the most difficult decision you had to make about a coworker and why" actually there is a bunch of questions like this so they can all be either really easy or really hard depending on your prior experience. The name of the game is Professional Attitude, Positive, Prompt Answers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just the salary, You can ask what their Salary Range is and depending on your experience you will usually get what you are asking for. So 5 years ago I was offered only a base of 28K per year and I said that I was asking for 32K and got it.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview with recruiter, then with area manager then with district manager. So total of 3 interviews and it takes a good month from start to finish if you are hired.

Interview Question – It was pretty expected questions like...
1. Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge or dealt with difficult people
2. Why do you think we should pick you
3. What do you know about retail, sales or customer service and etc
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me an offer letter with a salary and commission projection and I accepted the offer.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in July 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes a long time. You will get a phone interview followed by two in person interviews. You may be in the room with multiple interviewers.m

Interview Question – A lot of questions are based on examples of customer situations and sales you made at previous jobs   Answer Question

South Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source - interviewed at AT&T in June 2008.

Interview Details – Not too painful just be ready for questions to challenge you

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not bad at all, 2 weeks

Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Interview Details – Scenerio Questions. Action Plan review, and the normal (what would yoube bringing to the table) questions

Interview Questions

Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied internally for an assistant management position. The first interview was with the Retail Store Manager, and consisted mostly of situational and behavioral questions. Come prepared to answer questions using very specific and detailed situations and past work experiences. The second interview is with the Area Regional Sales Manager, and is a little more laid back. It consists mostly of dialogue. The third interview is with the Director of Sales, and by this time, they have already decided whether or not they are hiring you. This interview is just a screening to make sure that you don't have any glaring personality issues and to give you the clearing to be hired for this or future positions within the company.

Interview Question – How will you deal with difficult sales reps who have been with the company longer than you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.