AT&T

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Interviewed for Assistant Manager position. Currently a Retail Sales Consultant. Questions consisted of give a time when you developed a co-worker or friend. Give a situation and give the task you were to complete and action you took as well as the result. Each question is phrased this way so answer concisely and specific.

Interview Questions
I was called by staffing manager and offered salary and sales bonus. I asked if there was any way I could get "x" however; staffing manager said the hiring manager brought it to the highest available in their realm if I wanted a higher salary I would have to write a justification letter. In the end, I just accepted what I was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Hiring process takes some time. Interviewed for the position, offered the position 2 weeks later, offer letter came almost a month later. Total process was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are typical for the position. Tell me a time when something didnt turn out the way you wanted it to and how did you overcome it? Prepare for the interview.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

Apply Online, Answer personality test. Interview with Store manager. Canned questions using STAR structure. Passed onto Area sales manager, finally to Director of Sales. Management position leaves you in charge of Union members who can pretty much do as they please.

Not enough money, 55 hour work weeks work all Weekends and holidays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in January 2013.

I applied on line. I had my first interview with HR and it went well. I then had interviews at a few retail locations with the store managers until one store found me as a good fit. Once one liked me I had a drug test and a background investigation. The background was time consuming.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your direct supervisor asks you to do something you would consider unethical.   View Answer
    It took 3 months, and it included a background and drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in November 2012.

It takes a while to get hired at AT&T initially. They do promote from within. They want a strong sales background, and a smiley person with a good attitude. They also want you to stand behind the products, especially digital life. That is a huge focus right now, it is no longer a cell phone company. They provide solutions for everything and everyone.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as I didn't have a degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in March 2012.

I had an interview with recruiter, then with area manager then with district manager. So total of 3 interviews and it takes a good month from start to finish if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty expected questions like...
      1. Tell us about a time where you overcame a challenge or dealt with difficult people
      2. Why do you think we should pick you
      3. What do you know about retail, sales or customer service and etc
        Answer Question
    they gave me an offer letter with a salary and commission projection and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview process is lengthy. Expect to have 2-4 face to face interviews with 2-7 people in the room. Reach out to as many people whom work in the company (in your area). Process can take 1-3 months from initial interview process. Typically 3 weeks of training. Understand the demands of the role you are interviewing for, and relate your past experience to those demands. If you are going for a sales role, illustrate your passion for exceeding quatos and have experience to support that. Express your desires to stay with the company long term, and your desires to move up and expand the company. Working in a team helpful environment, with the passion to be number one.

Interview Questions
    • I've been through 8 interviews with the company, and every manager is different in what questions they will ask. I would say be prepared to talk highly of yourself and have past experiences on hand to support your strengths. Speak highly to being coachable, sales driven, leadership, and accountability.   Answer Question
    Area manager at the time was very proactive in helping me get the best pay as I was already an employee.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AT&T in December 2010.

Hiring manager selects a lot of incorrect people, you cant sell with your heart in AT&T. You sell whoever walks in. Even if is an old couple and someone that say they don't have money..

Interview Questions
    • You have to answer every question in the STAR format   View Answer
    What they offer is what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Scenerio Questions. Action Plan review, and the normal (what would yoube bringing to the table) questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

I applied internally for an assistant management position. The first interview was with the Retail Store Manager, and consisted mostly of situational and behavioral questions. Come prepared to answer questions using very specific and detailed situations and past work experiences. The second interview is with the Area Regional Sales Manager, and is a little more laid back. It consists mostly of dialogue. The third interview is with the Director of Sales, and by this time, they have already decided whether or not they are hiring you. This interview is just a screening to make sure that you don't have any glaring personality issues and to give you the clearing to be hired for this or future positions within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal with difficult sales reps who have been with the company longer than you?   Answer Question