AT&T

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Director Interview

The process was efficient and timely. Interview was standard. nothing tricky or creative. The job was accurately described.
I was asked to interview and the interview was completed within two weeks on a single day.
I had most of my communication with the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Simple, polite back and forth.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in November 2010.

Interviewed with 3-4 managers over the phone (I lived out of state). Questions included, "tell me a time when you were tasked with a responsibility..." and "how did you handle disagreements among team members." To prepare for these type of questions, think STAR: Situation, Task, Action, Results.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't come across any difficult questions since I had 8+ years of experience for the roleI was applying for. Perhaps the most difficult question at the time was "how do you query 3rd party partners for a business solution they want to implement at ATT."   Answer Question
    There was very little wiggle room on salary but they did pay my relocation expenses.

Associate Director Interview

Had two Face to face interviews when I applied with the company years ago.

I dealt directly with HR. the did not negitiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2008.

was hired as an account manager and promoted in the company to associate director

Interview Questions
    • When I hired in I had a 5 hour test for Account Management skills. It was monitored by HR.   Answer Question
    didn't really negotiate anything because they gave me more than I made from my last job as base salary and then they gave commission on top of that

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Pretty normal process. Interview with HR, then department head and some other department staff. Basic quesitons. Internal networking helps.

No negotiations. It is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

In my first phone interview, I was given extensive information about the company and the different divisions including the division I was applying for. I had to wait one week before scheduling my in person interview. During that interview, I met with 2 different people for 30-45 minutes each answering basic questions about my past experience, where I see myself in 5 years, what are my strengths and weaknesses, etc. After another week I was called back for a second interview where I met a couple more people and repeated the same process. The questions were not difficult. One week after that I received a call from HR extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a conflict you've had in the past with a colleague and how you've handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    The compensation package is based off of your current or previous compensation. They asked for recent pay stubs and then offer you standard comp for your title. If you are an experienced hire, try to negotiate.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!