AT&T

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

Filled out an online app, interviewed with one manager that was more of a legit interview, then met with a second manager on a different day to see how well I'd mesh with the team. Then completed background check & drug test

Interview Questions
    Originally offered less than what I really wanted, but after providing more work experience on my online AT&T profile they bumped up my wage.

Manager Network Services, TDP-Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2014.

Received a email from the HR Manager asking if i would be available for a FaceTime interview and to provide the best information or there will be a regular phone interview. I had the interview within a week and this was very preliminary. Verifying information on resume and school information etc. Followed by interest. Nothing to worry about here. Also talks about where the position is. The estimated salary is not discussed this time but the start date is provided. The call ends with i will forward your information and you should here something within the next two weeks.
    I received another email within 3 days from the hiring manager at the location asking about my availability for a phone interview and i interviewed that following week. The interview consist of questions about background, management experience, a bad experience you may have had and questions, thank you's, Surprisingly i blew through this phone interview within 30 minutes and most of the questions were answered before they were asked. the salary was not discussed here either. i was then told i will rank the interviewees and you should be hearing back from us within 2 weeks. one week had passed and by that weekend i was called and an offer was made and accepted. Starting salary is fairly decent and benefits are amazing 100% 401k match, relocation was provided, Im EXCITED!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about having to fire someone?   View Answer
    No need to negotiate.

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

This took forever. You do an over the phone interview. Then 2 one on ones. Background check takes forever. Drug test then you wait for a few weeks for the training class to open up.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Submitted the online application, and was contacted by phone a few days later to setup an interview. I was given two time slot options on the same day, so there wasn't room for flexibility, and I had to call out of work for the interview. I showed up to the interview at the retail store about 15 minutes early, and the hiring manager wasn't ready to interview me until about 10 minutes after the specified time. The interview seemed to be going well, although I was pretty nervous. At one point the interviewer asked me about sales strategies, and I mentioned the word "add-ons" and she flipped out, saying that they don't use that word, because that's like "Biggie-sizing a McDonalds meal". I appologized but didn't explain myself, and we proceeded with the interview, but I could tell the tone changed from there. At the end, she told me I would hear back if the interview went well, and wouldn't hear anything at all if it went bad. However, the very next day I received an email stating I was no longer in the running for the position, but that they saw potential and that I should be on the lookout for future job openings at AT&T.

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves were pretty standard, but a couple of things did catch me off guard. The first was that I was asked specific scenario questions for a job from 6 years ago, and I wasn't prepared for that so I had to stumble my way along as I tried to think of something to say. The only other thing was that I was asked if I had any questions about 10 times, which I thought was way too excessive. I was able to ask good question for the first 7 or so, and the last three times I was asked, I just said "not at this time, I did a lot of research beforehand so I know quite a bit about the position and the company."   Answer Question

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
    If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
    For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Customer Service & Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

Process took about A month for full completion. I applied on the website was called at 5 pm the next day was asked a few questions and was told because of my experience I would be on the higher end of the pay rate. I was scheduled for a face to face interview with HR department it went well I also got to meet with the call center manager. The next day I was Offered the job contingent on the background and drug test. that took a few weeks but I was sent my offer letter and they actually offered me more than was advertised so I was excited and quickly accepted the offer

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions are straight forward and usual call center questions the main thing they want to hear you say is that you will accept ownership of the call and fix the issue. and show a willingness to help the customer   Answer Question
    I did not have to negotiate because they offered more than was being avertised

National Retail Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

All applicants must begin the application process online at att.com, click on "careers." AT&T likes to hire from within for management positions, so one lacking the education and relevant work experience may need to start at an entry-level position. Number of interviews depends on the position, but typically 2-3 interviews. Dress professionally and be prepared to answer lots of questions. If applying for a management position, come prepared with a detailed synopsis of your plan of action for store/sales improvement if offered a position. Also be prepared for lots of scenario questions. Ask the interviewers questions about the position, company, etc. And know AT&T's mission statement.

Interview Questions
    • What's the number one most important thing you can bring to this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Hiring process was literally like you were going to apply for a government job. HireRite was the company they use and these people delayed my hiring process out to 2 months needed to do 2 tests, urine and hair. Go to Screening, pass screening and then another face to face interview with more screening. First screening took about 2-3 hrs, and you either pass or fail is all they tell you. Plus re-interview is on their time not yours so you need to call in to job if you work full time or make sure you can request time off, or else you will miss it and be delayed again in hiring process.

Interview Questions
    Simple. Take it or leave it.

Usability Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

Phone Screener with very basic questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

The orientation began with a long powerpoint giving you a realistic idea of the work expected from the future employees. Topics like salay, paid vacations and general pros of the company were really emphasized. It then proceeded with an easy percentage quiz, roleplay senarios and a "realistic" call center simulation. I was told I would be contacted back for a 1:1, but I was told a few days later that I was mysteriously declined.