AT&T

Very Easy Interview

Customer Assistant Interview

Customer Assistant
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by Saturday assessment. Then an in-office interview with your team manager if selected but this process changes frequently.

Interview Question – Be positive about previous employers even if your view is not.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied online & within 20-30 mins I got an email back to scheduled for the testing on-site. The test was updated & changed up a little bit. They give you at least 2 hrs to complete, but if you don't complete within that timeframe, you automatically fail. I believe that is fair becuase the test, to me, is pretty easy. You may get stuck on the math part, I'm no good at percentages. Luckily they let you use the calculator on the pc. I was informed I passed when they escorted me back out & to expect an email or phone call to schedule my interview. I had an email that following Monday. I was asked for my availability & confirm the interview. Lucky for me I use to work for the company in Telesales; so ironically enough, the manager was someone I use to know. The interview process was fairly easy. They first go over what to expect with the job & when is training tentively scheduled to start & how long training will be. They based it on the STARS. You choose which ever experience to explain what happen, how you handle the issue & the result of your actions. After the interview, the tell you when you should expect to hear something back.

Interview Question – What is the one thing that you could improve from your previous jobs or something you are least efficient in?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was recommended for the position by a current employee. I was asked to submit a resume online to a random posting to get my name into the hiring pool. It took two months to get a call back. My first interview was a panel interview with four managers from the group I was looking to join. I was then given an informal interview by the regional vice-president and given the position.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard, strait forward, and typical to most interviews. The only question I felt was out of the ordinary was if I personally used AT&T services.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them the minimum amount I could accept and they approved it. I had made significantly more in my last position so they did not try to haggle me down.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2011.

Interview Details – Answered questions. Had to try and sell a products to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Sell me a product   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Make more at current job

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – The lady was nice, explained the job through and through. Went into details about the salary that I found odd. Most jobs don't do that. Told me someone would be calling me in a few days to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to leave my current job?   Answer Question
  • How would I handle a customer's situation from beginning to end: Process of STAR- situation task action result   Answer Question

Manager - Construction & Engineering Interview

Manager - Construction & Engineering
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was an internal job posting and the hiring manager and I had a mutual friend. The interview questions were run of the mill work background. The rest of the interview was trading stories about our mutual friend (and we both had many of them). That being said, it was most definitely not the reason I got the job and I was not the only person interviewed who had some sort of connection with the hiring manager. I did my homework prior to applying for the job.
- know the job you are applying for; obtain prior knowledge of your responsibilities, know the terminology & systems used, know the function and background of the department or company. Research & study and be absolutely prepared to talk on the interviewer's level.
- Make sure what is in your resume is applicable to the job you are applying for (don't ever lie, just emphasize the achievements and experience you have that apply - fluff is not necessary and can even hurt your chances - I had a different resume for every job I applied for)
- Have solid, professional references - call these people ahead of time both to ask if you may use them as a reference and to also jog their memories of you.
- Go into your interview with a relaxed confidence (don't confuse this with arrogance). What helped me was to put myself in the mindset of talking with one of my dad's friends... Like someone deserving of my utmost respect due to who he is, but not quite intimidating because you've seen him drunk & sunburned on the beach... Well... It worked for me. :-P

Interview Question – What are your faults?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation I had was the hours I worked and the ability to work from home on the rare occasion.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manger conducted the interview. we talked about the company and expectations. then I was asked 6 questions that was scored then we talked some more. He let me no that CSR was a selling job but people that called in would be current customer looking for a deal to resume service. The next day I was sent a e-mail to complete an background and drug screen. The interview went extremely well.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a customer complain about the level of service you provided ?   View Answer

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!