AT&T

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AT&T.

It was very long process because they thoroughly digest every resume' they receive especially if the applicant has AT&T experience.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in October 2012.

first HR call then manager did phone screen interview. after a couple days, received email to on site interview. there are three persons did on site interview most of questions are non-technical qustions. they said it would have another technical interivew after this.

Senior SPECIALIST-TECH PROJECT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Worked as a contractor for 3 years and then was offered a position as an employee

No negotiating

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

I applied online in either December 2010 on the att career website and applied through the MATREX/intern program. Standard application. I received an email in late March/early April 2011 from a recruiter asking me if I was still interested in the IT Intern position in Bothell, WA. I replied in the affirmative, set up a phone interview, and went through the phone interview with the MATREX director Claudia Willis. The phone interview itself was pretty easy. There were two or three behavioral questions, including one about working in teams and another one about dealing with conflict. Claudia ended the interview abruptly at the 30-minute mark as I was trying to say something important to her, which was that I already had an offer from another leading Fortune 500 company, and I wanted to ask her if there was any way to expedite the process.

Instead, I told this same piece of information to the recruiter, who pretty much told me that I got the offer because she was finalizing the offer letter after getting a few approvals. About two weeks before my start date in June 2011, I emailed the recruiter asking her about logistics on the first day and she was surprised that my mentor/manager had not already emailed me. About a week before my start date, my mentor/manager finally emailed me with details.

People at att are not a diverse group. The technical people are mostly Indian. The management/business people are mostly Caucasian. The office is not that great for being a company that was number seven on the Fortune 500 list. The culture is not that open or friendly. People mind their own business and don't really care about how you are or what you're interested in. Once you're in a position, good luck getting another one.

Interview Questions
    No room to negotiate. Take it or leave it. I suggest you leave it.

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Initial screening interview over telephone, meeting in person, assessment/testing, final interview, negotiation upon job offer

Interview Questions
    • How would you add value to this team and processes?   View Answer
    I had two offers on the table. One for AT&T, the other for a local newspaper that has an extraordinary reputation and culture. Difficult decision and though it was a touch choice, I was able to verbalize my interest, enthusiasm and commitment to the opportunity with AT&T as part of the negotiation. They had a range and they offered a figure but I adhered to restating what I brought and where I was comfortable based on this and what was realistic within the market at the time and they agreed. It was a great fit, I believe on both sides!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

2 telephone interviews followed by 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • What would be your ideal setup for disaster recovery   View Answer
    be determined and don't back down.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Years ago...was called on a position for AT&T. I had worked there before and had a great experience, so I accepted the interview. I met a manager and was taken back to his private office for a 1 on 1. Basically we never had a real interview as you will see below.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much of any questions asked at all. From the time I stepped into the managers office he was interrupted continually with calls and people stopping by his office. I should have just walked out and in hindsight wished I had. I felt it was very unprofessional and rude. I had to drive 1 hour there and back, plus take time off work and felt they wasted my time.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T in March 2010.

I initially had a phone screen with one a team manager. Questions were basic Solaris questions, some network questions and a detailed overview of the job and location. I was contacted to come in for a group interview with more team managers. I was given a more detailed overview of the culture, the company goals and then was peppered by technical questions. I was asked how to calculate IP subnets which I struggled to answer. I was assured that they use a calculator and not to worry that I couldn't do this on the fly. Other than that the questions were fairly easy. I felt I had a great interview and was certain I was going to get an offer. Didn't happen, they chose someone else, making me wonder about that IP question. I was sad! I really wanted this job but who knows maybe it will open again and they will hire me.

Interview Questions
    • What is the formula to calculate subnets?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T in June 2009.

Internal Interview
    80% Behavioral, 20% skills
    Phone screening followed by in person interview.
    In person, mult. interviews
    Non-confrontational and friendly - behavioral questions are direct and it is helpful to provide as many details as possible.
    Five or six behavioral questions.
    Skill questions build on each other, i.e. how would you locate a network resource that is slow to respond? Answer - using ping and trace route, contact resources that own the equipment based up notwork logs as approperate

Interview Questions
    • Most of our workers are contractors, how do you feel about working in a high contractor environment?   View Answer

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in April 2009.

I was contacted by the hiring manager who received my resume from the internal HR system. He set up a short phone interview and then an on site interview with him and the team. The phone interview was brief, consisting mostly of a discussion of my previous employment., the hours the posted job required and some detail about the day to day of the work environment. The manager was very friendly and accommodating to the interview schedule. At the on site interview I met briefly with the manager in a one on one session. We covered my technical skills and a few of the typical non technical questions. i.e. How do you deal with obnoxious co workers, last minute dead lines, etc... The manager indicated that these questions were more for HR than for him as he said 9 times out of 10 the interviewees give the same "safe" answers but end up behaving differently. This was essentially the tone of the entire process, very fresh and frank. He did mention that he expects his employees to keep family above work and does his best to provide a flexible schedule and accommodating work environment. I then met with a small panel of senior engineers to cover more detailed technical questions. This included a series of questions about UNIX troubleshooting and a short test administered on a laptop. The laptop was configured with two virtual machines running as a database and web server. I was asked to identify some basic configuration settings and then perform a health check of the system. The web server was then "broken" and I was asked to track down the problem and provide a solution. The database connection was down and access to the database server was not granted to me. I had to explain how I could confirm this and then detail what I would do to coordinate with a DBA to restore the service. All in all it was a very interesting and refreshing interview. The test was real world and seemed to be pulled right out of a sysadmins typical day. The manager said that the interview questions change all the time as they like to use some of their most recent issues. Don't let the lack of specifics fool you, this was a tough interview. I found myself at the extent of my knowledge on a few occasions.
    The team overall was very diverse. It was apparent that the hiring manager was not interested in anyone that was not dedicated to their job. With the manager away I asked about how it was to work with him. The team had nothing but glowing reviews. They indicated that the front line level management was the best they have ever worked with in any industry. Very dedicated to their teams and always acting as a filter between them and the upper echelon. Dress code was mixed. Business casual, Jeans and t-shirts, etc... What you would expect from a west coast suburban business park. The office is your typical cube farm layout with a few offices. Two story building with a Gym, locker room and an on site cafeteria with full breakfast and lunch service. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are free. However the manager indicated that this may not be the case forever as other offices around the country had lost those perks.

Interview Questions
    • A UNIX fie system has been reported at 100% full. You log in and clear what appears to be the offending file. However, the file system still reports to be 100% full. What could cause this?>   View Answers (2)
    With AT&T there is not a lot of room for negotiation. I was able to counter offer and get 5,000 more than their initial offer. There was no movement after this. Vacation days seems more flexible. I was able to get an additional 5 days added to the 10 they offer by default.