AT&T

www.att.com

AT&T Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 16, 2014
Updated May 16, 2014
21 interviews

3.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Sales Development Leadership Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

This was a three part process. If you can get the information about recruiters in your area from your college career center that would be great. After I applied online, I sent an email to a recruiter saying that I was excited to begin the application process and interview. I was emailed an 88 question test that I was given 48 hours to take. These are behavioral questions. Read them carefully, And always answer with definite answers, none of the neutral answers. The second part is the webcam interview. Again, these are behavioral type questions. Prepare! Prepare! Prepare! They are not easy. Have specific examples of what you have done in the past to answer each question. Demonstrate that you a leader, persuasive, and that you can respond well to stressful situations and conflict. The final round is a set of two role plays. One will be a person who is considering services for their small business. Go through every step of the sales procedure that you will be provided at the beginning of the role play. I would suggest doing a phone interview so the other "character" does not see you reading and scrambling through notes. The second will be an upset customer. I struggled with this because I truly did not have a solution to the problem. I said I would do everything I could, I apologized and said I understood her issue. I also promised I would follow up and kept my cool. I think it is important to not respond negatively. I finished the assessment on a Friday and had an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you thought you were doing something the right way up until the end, then realized you were doing it wrong? Why should we pick you over other candidates?   View Answer
The salary is decent for the length of the five month program, did not feel a need to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

I applied through college recruiting earlier this year.

Received a call from the recruiter to set up a first round interview - consisted of mostly behavioral questions, and why I am a good fit for AT&T. I got a follow up email a few days later that I was set for an online screening/presentation with other candidates about the position and program. After that, I was set for a second interview - this time more about the position, and they asked if I had any questions. I got an email a few days later saying they wanted someone else.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

I was disappointed with my interview experience with At&T. I applied for the BSLDP position and was contacted by a member of the HR team. I had to do the traditional HR tests and scheduled a phone interview with a member of the HR team. I prepared for the interview and researched likely questions I would see from Glassdoor. Over 70% of the questions I researched and found on this site they asked.... Such questions were Why would someone choose your college? Describe a time when you failed at something. What did you learn from it? How did you overcome it? Explain the difference between B2B sales and retail sales? The list goes on and almost every question I found on Glassdoor I was asked. Preparation is the key to success and I had every question scripted to what a big company wants to hear. I did not get the job. What upset me was the fact that the HR manager who had emailed me regularly before the interview could not return my e-mail when I inquired about my status after the interview. I have not had any correspondence with the company since that interview; however, I have learned recently that in their Southern California branch many employees are leaving to competitors because of senior management. Overall I am glad I did not get the job, it seems like At&T need to do some restructuring and that is not the work enviroment I want to be in.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between B2B sales and retail sales?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

I was selected for the first interview round. A recruiter called me, without further notice, and asked if she could ask me a few question. In my excitement I said yes, not realizing that this was actually a quite formal, yet short, interview and not only "a few questions". After our initial contact she set up a time for a phone interview a month later.

Without previous notice, I was invited for an online assessment where my skills and values were evaluated. I had only 2 working days to complete the assessment, and it was right before Christmas so I was super stressed. However, I squeezed it in in my schedule and did the online assessment. Two days after, I received an email with the unfortunate news that I was not chosen as one of the applicants for further consideration. Hence, my official, already scheduled, interview was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for the Business Sales Leadership Development Program?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Took around a little over one month. Three rounds - first two are behavioral and standard. Show them your sales skills and if you don't have any then explain to them how you might have dealt with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • The third interview was a role assessment where you follow a certain procedure to sell a product to a customer through the webcam. The second part was to resolve an existing customer's complaint.   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Consists of three interviews total: 1. Phone interview with recruiter, 2. Skype interview with recruiting manager, 3. Case interview where you have to pitch a product also includes video interaction with interviewer.

The first and second interview consisted of behavioral type questions, there was a little overlap in the questions that were asked. Both interviews took 45 min - 1 hour to complete including my questions towards the end. The last interview takes 1 hour to complete but 30 min is given to the candidate for preparation after reviewing study material.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR a few weeks after to set up an initial interview. I in fact made it to the last round of interviews; there are three in total. The first two interviews consisted of your typical behavioral questions. Furthermore, they make sure you understand this is in fact a program to develop sales professionals so be confident in your responses and demonstrate why you want to get into sales. The final interview is a case interview where you essentially have to pitch a product to a respective customer.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T in May 2013.

The BSLDP is a 20 week paid program that puts participates on a fast track to develop leadership, sales, and communication skills. Once the 20 weeks are up, if the participate has done well in the program, they are then offered a permanent position with the company.
    The hiring is suppose to consist for 4 interviews:
    1. Initial interview with a 3rd party recruiter
    2. Interview with AT&T staffing agent
    3. Case Study Oriented Interview
    4. Face to face Interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you failed at something. What did you learn and how did you overcome your failure?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at AT&T in April 2013.

The first interview was conducted by an AT&T hiring staffer and was strictly behavioral questions mostly about policy changed. She showed no personality or emotion during the process, it lasted about 20-25 minutes. The second interview was a video interview with an actual AT&T recruiter. I felt good about the interview, but was not offered a third interview. The second interview is mostly behavioral questions about policy change and sales background.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you faced a policy change and how did you overcome or contribute to it.   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

I was contacted for a phone interview after applying online. Set up a second phone (webcam) interview later that day (which was extremely fast) for a few days away. I was then told that I would be contacted later to know if I was or wasn't going on for the third and final interview. I was not contacted again. I followed up with phone calls and e-mails and neither were returned.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral, scripted questions. For instance, "Tell me about a policy change that made it difficult to perform your job and how you handled it." Be prepared to give canned responses to canned questions.   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!