AT&T Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in March 2015.

The first step was an online behavioral test. Answer this honestly and they will decide if you are a good fit for the company culture. The next step was a Skype interview. It consisted of many situational questions that are best answered using personal experiences and anecdotes. Make sure to answer the questions asked and not get off topic. The final step was a virtual situational exam with a study period of 30min and then 2 phone calls with interviewers pretending to be customers. The key is to be honest and relaxed. Do not mislead the customer you are selling to or make any promises you can not keep with the upset customer. Then there was a brief phone call from someone who had completed the BSLDP before and they said to ask them any questions that I still had. After that is offer time!

Interview Questions
  • Willing to relocate? Tell me about a time when... Etc.   View Answer

Wanted to pursue other opportunities.

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Very straight forward interview. First round was basically just typical interview questions that lasted 30 minutes. The second round as a role play where you got to pretend you were actually and AT&T sales representative. Kind of fun to be honest. I think the interview will help you decided whether the job is really right for you.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

It took one week from applying then getting the first Skype interview. The interviewer was nice but since it was my first real life interview it was very difficult. He asked question like why would people want to go to your school (sales pitch). Also asked what your strengths and weakness are.

Interview Questions
    • Give a sales pitch about your school? Explain your grades?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Was contacted through campus recruiting. Fairly quick and easy interview process. Make sure to be engaging and definitive with all answers that you provide, whether it be through the online test or actual interviews.

Several rounds:
    1.) Behavioral Exam
    2.) Behavioral conducted by recruiter
    3.) Final Round: Role Play

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example in which you completed a sale. Utilize other reviews provided. Many questions are listed.

Name your most entrepreneurial experience.

Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate

Business Sales Development Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

This was a three part process. If you can get the information about recruiters in your area from your college career center that would be great. After I applied online, I sent an email to a recruiter saying that I was excited to begin the application process and interview. I was emailed an 88 question test that I was given 48 hours to take. These are behavioral questions. Read them carefully, And always answer with definite answers, none of the neutral answers. The second part is the webcam interview. Again, these are behavioral type questions. Prepare! Prepare! Prepare! They are not easy. Have specific examples of what you have done in the past to answer each question. Demonstrate that you a leader, persuasive, and that you can respond well to stressful situations and conflict. The final round is a set of two role plays. One will be a person who is considering services for their small business. Go through every step of the sales procedure that you will be provided at the beginning of the role play. I would suggest doing a phone interview so the other "character" does not see you reading and scrambling through notes. The second will be an upset customer. I struggled with this because I truly did not have a solution to the problem. I said I would do everything I could, I apologized and said I understood her issue. I also promised I would follow up and kept my cool. I think it is important to not respond negatively. I finished the assessment on a Friday and had an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you thought you were doing something the right way up until the end, then realized you were doing it wrong? Why should we pick you over other candidates?   View Answer
    The salary is decent for the length of the five month program, did not feel a need to negotiate.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I was disappointed with my interview experience with At&T. I applied for the BSLDP position and was contacted by a member of the HR team. I had to do the traditional HR tests and scheduled a phone interview with a member of the HR team. I prepared for the interview and researched likely questions I would see from Glassdoor. Over 70% of the questions I researched and found on this site they asked.... Such questions were Why would someone choose your college? Describe a time when you failed at something. What did you learn from it? How did you overcome it? Explain the difference between B2B sales and retail sales? The list goes on and almost every question I found on Glassdoor I was asked. Preparation is the key to success and I had every question scripted to what a big company wants to hear. I did not get the job. What upset me was the fact that the HR manager who had emailed me regularly before the interview could not return my e-mail when I inquired about my status after the interview. I have not had any correspondence with the company since that interview; however, I have learned recently that in their Southern California branch many employees are leaving to competitors because of senior management. Overall I am glad I did not get the job, it seems like At&T need to do some restructuring and that is not the work enviroment I want to be in.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between B2B sales and retail sales?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Took around a little over one month. Three rounds - first two are behavioral and standard. Show them your sales skills and if you don't have any then explain to them how you might have dealt with a difficult customer.

Interview Questions
    • The third interview was a role assessment where you follow a certain procedure to sell a product to a customer through the webcam. The second part was to resolve an existing customer's complaint.   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

I applied through college recruiting earlier this year.

Received a call from the recruiter to set up a first round interview - consisted of mostly behavioral questions, and why I am a good fit for AT&T. I got a follow up email a few days later that I was set for an online screening/presentation with other candidates about the position and program. After that, I was set for a second interview - this time more about the position, and they asked if I had any questions. I got an email a few days later saying they wanted someone else.

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

I was selected for the first interview round. A recruiter called me, without further notice, and asked if she could ask me a few question. In my excitement I said yes, not realizing that this was actually a quite formal, yet short, interview and not only "a few questions". After our initial contact she set up a time for a phone interview a month later.

Without previous notice, I was invited for an online assessment where my skills and values were evaluated. I had only 2 working days to complete the assessment, and it was right before Christmas so I was super stressed. However, I squeezed it in in my schedule and did the online assessment. Two days after, I received an email with the unfortunate news that I was not chosen as one of the applicants for further consideration. Hence, my official, already scheduled, interview was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply for the Business Sales Leadership Development Program?   Answer Question

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Consists of three interviews total: 1. Phone interview with recruiter, 2. Skype interview with recruiting manager, 3. Case interview where you have to pitch a product also includes video interaction with interviewer.

The first and second interview consisted of behavioral type questions, there was a little overlap in the questions that were asked. Both interviews took 45 min - 1 hour to complete including my questions towards the end. The last interview takes 1 hour to complete but 30 min is given to the candidate for preparation after reviewing study material.