AT&T Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Premisis Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took 4-5 weeks. The first job I applied for got filled as soon as I took their 3 tests. You get a personality and a customer service test. Then you take their tech test, aptitude, basic questions. So then after that got filled I applied for another and got the call the next day and they sent me to RJP and after that was my interview(same day). Great environment, was nervous at first but the environment takes the edge off. They do the realistic job preview then they take you off one by one into interview and ask you some basic questions. It was great.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a unhappy customer, how did you react and deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took 6 weeks and interviewed by 6 people. The person who interviewed me took 4 weeks to get back and another 2 weeks to get an answer. This company likes to drag the application process.The personality test was easy and the interviews a joke. They will not negotiate salary with you either.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I am not fluffing anything hear so listen up. Att is very honest and straight forward with the process. If you do or don't get it they keep you up to date with website status that will be sent to your email when it changed. I really appreciated this vs sooo many other company that you never hear from again. I applied to a bunch of stores in the area from online. First I received a very brief phone screen after an email. The phone screen was mostly to know you are still interested. Then I had a total of three interviews. Last one was with three individuals, all three interviews were fairly similar, I was told they just like to have numerous people/managers opinion when they hire.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions you would come across. Make sure to check out att site, they have foundational questions which I am pretty sure I was asked as well. Numerous of them asked me to sell them on something you know well.   1 Answer

Flite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, online video recording interview. Online video recording was strange because you had to make eye contact with the camera as if it was a regular interview; however, it was not. Because of the nature of recording yourself and then submitting the answers, you had the opportunity to redo your attempts multiple times. This allowed for a well thought out answer to be produced after your first attempt at answering the question.

Interview Questions

• What are your passions? Why AT&T? How would you market AT&T's connected home?   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Third party consulting company sent me for a face-to-face interview at AT&T. 2 days after they told me I was "over qualified", which was pretty uncommon for someone who just got out of College. A bit disappointed.

Interview Questions

• My background, projects I did, what I am interesting in...   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received an email one week after applying online. Received two face to face interviews in one day. Hired on the spot following the second interview. The process was very easy.

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. I gave her my resume and they contacted me about 6 weeks later. Interview process consisted of one screening interview and one technical interview. The interview process was relatively easy; there were no questions on writing an algorithm or testing. All questions were coding trivia questions pretty much.

Interview Questions

• What makes an interface important when discussing polymorphism?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to go through multiple interviews while exploring opportunities with AT&T. I had 4 individual interviews total. Two on the phone with a HR Managing recruiter, another at a store location and my final interview was with the store that needed hiring. The process started in July and ended in August. From there in October, I went to training in Dubin, Ohio which lasted for a month. Don't expect to be hired quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you provided excellent customer service by going above and beyond what was asked of you?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Base salary depending on if you graduated from college 50 cents hirer, 50 cents lower if you haven't or are in the process of getting a degree.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

My first interview was with an HR Representative via the phone call that asked basic information such as my background, what my career goals are, etc. He told me at the end of the call that the next step would be to meet with the manager(s) that I would be supporting in the position. A few days later I met with the two second level managers I would be supporting and during the interview they brought in three other first level managers to meet with me. It was professional but also very laid back and not uptight. I felt the interview was going well.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if your child was sick?" as they knew I had a young son at home during the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer I received was higher than I had anticipated so I did not negotiate.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Online posting. Phone interview. One on One interview. Job notification.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was already negotiated.