AT&T

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – My first interview was with an HR Representative via the phone call that asked basic information such as my background, what my career goals are, etc. He told me at the end of the call that the next step would be to meet with the manager(s) that I would be supporting in the position. A few days later I met with the two second level managers I would be supporting and during the interview they brought in three other first level managers to meet with me. It was professional but also very laid back and not uptight. I felt the interview was going well.

Interview Question – "What would you do if your child was sick?" as they knew I had a young son at home during the time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer I received was higher than I had anticipated so I did not negotiate.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Online posting. Phone interview. One on One interview. Job notification.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was already negotiated.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2010.

Interview Details – Irrational, know someone, expect to be paid poorly; know you won't be on the team you joined within 1 year. You do have a great chance to learn; but, there is no strategy; no one, understands eCommerce (6 people maybe); the rest are sales operations. Necessary, but VERY BAD managers and worse in IT, where we are now.

Interview Question – None, revolving door; better, know someone, wife, cousin, brother, etc. against code, but it's not enforced.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it; leave it

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Specialist - Tech Project Management Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AT&T in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two Interviews. Long wait between interviews and hiring and start date. Total of 4 months.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told what benefits and salary is for the position

MATREX College Grads Interview

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I was contacted because I was a college grad, HR went over the basic character questions. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to come in for the face to face interview. I met with the HR hiring manager, then I met with the past MATREX team and their Technical Lead. I was contacted maybe a few weeks later asking if I would like to come on and if so to accept the hiring letter.

Interview Question – Steps I would follow to prepare for a Italian Dinner if my boss told me to set one up.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation they already had salary range for the new hire recent college grads. It was a very nice starting salary

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Joliet, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2012.

Interview Details – It's like you are being hired for the CIA

Interview Question – what would you improve in yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Interview Details – Detailed technical Interview. Be ready for problem analysis.

Interview Question – Problem Analysis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

Interview Details – HR was a bit slow and inefficient but they eventually took care of me in a professional and courteous manner. Interview questions were pretty standard. Interviewer was a much more experienced employee but still understood the situation of an entry-level job seeker. The interview could really be more of a 2-way conversation if you want it to be, as opposed to a traditional interview.

Interview Question – How would you visually represent a problem you had to solve?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything was through email and pretty intuitive.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recieved an email a few weeks after completing the online application and test, received a phone call in which I got told to show for a 1 on 1 interview with the HR manager, the manager was enthusiastic and told me that I was definitely going to hear from him. Heard from him the next day, got scheduled for a second interview with a store manager, the manager wasn't there, I had to speak with the assistant manager, he seemed even more enthusiastic and super positive, a few days later I turned down another job offer because I was sure this was going to work out. After one week I send an email to hear from them, turns out I didn't get accepted and I know why. The hiring process and job positions in the Chicago suburb area is extremely Hispanic, everyone that I spoke with was Hispanic, hiring manager, store manager and when I was in the store I noticed most sales agents were Hispanic. If you're not Hispanic, it doesn't matter how good and how much professional you are, they will discard you just because you don't speak Spanish. Don't waste your time.

Interview Question – How did you handle a though situation in which a customer wasn't satisfied?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for AT&T about 8 months before. I received an Email telling me to call for an phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked some questions about how my past work experience will help me at AT&T. At the end of the phone interview, she then scheduled me for an 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 interview consisted of questions like why did you choose to apply for AT&T, describe a time you wish you handled a situation at work differently and other similar questions. I was also asked to sell them an item. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from them in the next couple of days if they choose to schedule a 2nd interview. I thought the interview went well, I felt like I answered all the questions correctly and got a good vibe both managers who was in the room that they liked what they was hearing. Howeverly I did not recieve a call back and went online to check my job status and seen that they had choosen somebody else. A few people have told me that its pretty difficult to get hired unless you know somebody who works for the company. Idk how true it is but after what I thought was a good interview on my behalf, I can certainly believe it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have to show extra emotional support for a coworker.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when your work was critized and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.