AT&T

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – It was a very long process. I submitted my application and resume online then was invited to join an online informational meeting where I was set up for testing. I took my test and was set up for an interview with two supervisors. Several weeks later I received a conditional offer based on a drug screen and intensive background check. About 2weeks after that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – They asked mostly ordinary questions like tell as about a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, offer is based on experience

Cedartown, GA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details – Test and then a verbal interview with a manager. Computerized test checks you ability to do the job. Questions with the manager test your fit with the company.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None negotiable

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a smooth ride throughout the way. HR was real good about informing me of what steps I needed to take after completing requirements that they needed.

Negotiation Details – My offer was based upon my experience which was something I could not turn down based on what other jobs were offering.

Ocala, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applications for the position are accepted online through AT&T's Taleo portal. It comprises of the basic application questions such as identity, previous employment, education, etc.

After you submit your application, you receive an E-Mail asking you to choose a time where you can call into a teleconference (also from AT&T) and listen into the inner details of what the position entitles. There is also an optional Powerpoint follow but is not required that shows you what is being discussed over the phone in visual detail.

After the presentation is done, the hiring manager asks you to choose between set times for on-campus testing at their location which is only optional if you are applying from out of state. All others must come to the testing center in Ocala, Florida. 9:00 A.M. or 1:00 P.M.

When you choose to go to the campus for testing, you go straight to the security desk and give them your ID and sign in and wait in the lobby with other testers. Make small talk, etc. Be there fifteen minute early at the latest. I was there thirty minutes early and got to make small talk with the others. All dressed in business casual with few exceptions and everyone carrying briefcases with their resumé. The resume is not necessary, all you are doing is testing in their building.

Two test proctors will come into the lobby and lead you to a computer room. The door will be left open because they want you to take the test with the noise outside in order to simulate what it will be like working in a call center environment. The test comprises of three types of tests taken on the computer. The first is a personality exam, the second is an arithmetic exam, the third is another personality exam judging your actions to situations in a work environment. The fourth is actually a call center simulation with a thirty minute orientation video within it. All in all it took me about an hour and forty five minutes of the three hour examination time allowed. But that's because I'm awesome.

Those who passed the testing were called by a hiring manager from a California area code. Others were given form rejections by E-mail.

I was called. I came into an interview and it lasted about an hour or so and it was a behavioral interview, asking you how to responded to situations that came from your previous work experience. Then, you are asked to sell the interviewer something. I tried upselling her from a hypothetical basic internet package to one that was speedier, an example of what the call center does.

After an hour, I left the call center and four days later I got a call from a hiring manager saying I passed the interview and was extended a job offer. The job offer was pending a background check, employment check (done through a third party HR website) and a drug test that they pay for, to be taken within three days of receiving the e-mail. I pissed in a cup and apparently I passed. Whoopee.

Within six days of the test, I was offered a starting salary of $24k a year, with raises every six months and extremely comprehensive benefits. The entire process from start to finish took three and a half weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell the interviewer a hypothetical item. She said: "Sell me something."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – LOL What negotiation? Salary is based on previous experience and education, even if it is irrelevant to the career at hand.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was literally like you were going to apply for a government job. HireRite was the company they use and these people delayed my hiring process out to 2 months needed to do 2 tests, urine and hair. Go to Screening, pass screening and then another face to face interview with more screening. First screening took about 2-3 hrs, and you either pass or fail is all they tell you. Plus re-interview is on their time not yours so you need to call in to job if you work full time or make sure you can request time off, or else you will miss it and be delayed again in hiring process.

Interview Question – Nothing you wouldn't expect in a normal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. Take it or leave it.

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2008.

Interview Details – screening was done through a hireright company that did all the background and testing for each candidate. submission of application online, called to interview and test with standard customer service computer program.

Interview Question – why do you want to work there   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation, we all went directly to training on the customer billing and how to smooze.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!