AT&T

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Submit online application, complete a series of online test, receive call from a recruiter, set a date for an interview in person, interview, wait a few more days, receive traning expectations, accept offer

Interview Questions
  • I did not encounter a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

I want to add to the legend of how strange the process is for this position. First you get notified they are hiring through their talent network (att jobs) and you apply. You receive an automated invitation to schedule a phone interview, it's not an interview; It is an overview of the position with up to 25 other callers, presumable due to the amount of people that apply. I have come to believe they do it to satisfy some quota of sheer volume of applicants they must go through the motions with because they are highly regulated. Ok so, you pick a time to go for the second step, testing, and this is where it gets weird or at least highly questionable. You go in and the test facilitator says hello and puts everyone in a room with computers for testing, you take the first test - a personality test. It is standard stuff, asking you if you agree with certain statements about your work ethic sharing gossip, etc...and then a second personality/work ethic type test, these take about an hour. The facilitator mentioned a math test but in my two times in this process I had not seen or taken any sort of math test, also strange. So next up is the call simulator and it is super easy, they put you in a call center simulated setting, the simulated trainer trains you on specific things to use during a call, etc. and then you take simulated calls. Both times I have done this I nailed the calls, perfectly - it was super easy. However during both times I did this process (once in 2013 and once this year, 2015) I took only 3 simulated calls, no math and was the first to leave. I have years of experience in inside/outside sales working for large, legitimate fortune 500, 100 companies and stand on my experience and knowledge of the sales and service process, how to treat a customer, etc. This was not hard. I have been declined both times, no idea why.
    I have read that some believe it is an automated decision making process and at this point I have to agree. I spent hours driving there on both occasions to be in the supposed 3 hour testing phase, only to stay a total of 3 hours and be what appears to be randomly declined. The people that walked in and out of the building couldn't have been that superior to myself, I realize how that reads but it's true. I fully believe it is an automated process all the way through, and based strictly on quotas, not necessarily slanted against certain races but to achieve a specific formula of races and genders and ages.
    AT&T Customer Service, Orlando, Florida - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will not waste my valuable time on a third trip (because they say keep applying...derp)

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question, "how do you think people would say you respond to criticism?" that's not difficult   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

Management conducts the interviews they asked me if I was committed for at least 1 year. They asked me if I could multi task well and if I had reliable transportation

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T.

Completed online application which now includes the testing,got emailed for an interview,arried 30 minutes early.Interviewer was 2 hours late,when we went back into the office she was very quiet and rude wasnt interested at all,interview lasted 10 minutes tops,5 minutes later received rejection email,very unproffesional.only was asked 4 questions

Interview Questions
    • I only was asked 4 very basic questions off a sheet of paper,she had no intentions of hiring me although i have the qualifications, i tried everything to connect but the way she handled my interview she obviously had it in her mind from the beginning she wasn't going to hire me.she even made a rude expression when i reached to shake her hand   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pretty simple interview, basic questions that can be answered using STAR. Even if you don't know the technical terms, they will teach you after you accept the offer. The interview is just to see who you are and to know a little more about you. It doesn't play a huge part in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, questions like what is IP/what does AT&T stand for/what is LAN and WAN, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

being called in for an interview is nothing. what you should be worried about is whether or not you've passed their 45-2hrs long test (depending on how smart you are, I guess) before the interview. Then you go and have this one-on-one interview which not that bad, but you have to read a script and your being told that your pronouncing the word (eligible) wrong.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you and not the others?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

I applied online, the assessments were extensive but a little hands on to break it up, I had a voice audition and got a call in 24 hours to setup an interview, my interview was that following Saturday, My interviewer was very nice and we clicked on technology, be prepared for a lot of scenario questions! He was easy going and friendly which took the edge off.

Interview Questions
    • What does Technology mean to you? was the most unexpected question.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

Process is easy, hiring process starts by a survey by phone and if pass a simulator test is given at location. If pass an interview is scheduled with upper management.

The process was easy due to previous experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I received a phone call from a manager to set up 1st Interview. Manager was very polite and scheduled my interview for the following day. Interview went well, hoping to receive 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • None, Interview was very straight forward.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

I placed an application by calling a telephone number provided in an ad. This was the preliminary interview. I was asked general questions involving past customer service positions. I was invited to come in to test for the position I applied to. The testing involved various customer scenarios. There were also tests that showed how you would handle tense or difficult situations. After that, I was asked to stay for a person to person interview. I passed the first 3 steps in the hiring process. I was called approximately a week later and was invited to come in for another person to person interview, at which time a job and salary offer was given. Unfortunately, I had to wait months before another call was received to give me my start date and for training.

Interview Questions
    • The personality questions. I cannot remember the specific questions. It was 18 years ago.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was on the salary offered. It was based on your sales experience. I had enough experience to come in at the middle of the offer grid. Be as thorough as you can and make sure you provide all experiences that pertain to the position you are seeking.