AT&T

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.7

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pretty simple interview, basic questions that can be answered using STAR. Even if you don't know the technical terms, they will teach you after you accept the offer. The interview is just to see who you are and to know a little more about you. It doesn't play a huge part in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult or unexpected questions, questions like what is IP/what does AT&T stand for/what is LAN and WAN, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

being called in for an interview is nothing. what you should be worried about is whether or not you've passed their 45-2hrs long test (depending on how smart you are, I guess) before the interview. Then you go and have this one-on-one interview which not that bad, but you have to read a script and your being told that your pronouncing the word (eligible) wrong.

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you and not the others?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

I applied online, the assessments were extensive but a little hands on to break it up, I had a voice audition and got a call in 24 hours to setup an interview, my interview was that following Saturday, My interviewer was very nice and we clicked on technology, be prepared for a lot of scenario questions! He was easy going and friendly which took the edge off.

Interview Questions
    • What does Technology mean to you? was the most unexpected question.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

Process is easy, hiring process starts by a survey by phone and if pass a simulator test is given at location. If pass an interview is scheduled with upper management.

The process was easy due to previous experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I received a phone call from a manager to set up 1st Interview. Manager was very polite and scheduled my interview for the following day. Interview went well, hoping to receive 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • None, Interview was very straight forward.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

I placed an application by calling a telephone number provided in an ad. This was the preliminary interview. I was asked general questions involving past customer service positions. I was invited to come in to test for the position I applied to. The testing involved various customer scenarios. There were also tests that showed how you would handle tense or difficult situations. After that, I was asked to stay for a person to person interview. I passed the first 3 steps in the hiring process. I was called approximately a week later and was invited to come in for another person to person interview, at which time a job and salary offer was given. Unfortunately, I had to wait months before another call was received to give me my start date and for training.

Interview Questions
    • The personality questions. I cannot remember the specific questions. It was 18 years ago.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was on the salary offered. It was based on your sales experience. I had enough experience to come in at the middle of the offer grid. Be as thorough as you can and make sure you provide all experiences that pertain to the position you are seeking.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

at first it was a phone interview that lasted several minutes. Secondly there was a face to face interview I stood about 15 minutes. There were actual testing that was very complicated last about 1 hour. There was a ditional testing if you passed that was Mak phone call testing were you were too pretend to take calls and make offers or answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • during the first phone interview one question was asked as how many times is it appropriate to be tardy and A month?   View Answer
    N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

This is a firm that believes heavily in testing. It starts with the phone interview which will describe the position and give you an opportunity to answer some general background questions. Be very careful to listen to the questions and answer them as asked, it is part of the screening criteria. There was a glitch where I got an automated invitation to appear at a location for testing for the wrong date. You will be provided very specific emailed instructions regarding the procedure on testing day. read it carefully. If you do not follow these guidelines to the letter, you will be screened out. There is then a series of computer administered tests. You can be eliminated at any stage in the proceedings as soon as the results area in. If you pass the screenings, you may be invited back for a group orientation. Be careful, this is also a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager needs you; we can cancel your vacation. How do feel about that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

It was a very strict hiring process. I had to go through two interviews -- a phone interview and then a sit-down interview. During the process, they made me fill out my own background check and then take a drug test prior to even receiving a job offer. Once I completed that, then I was hired. Although I was hired for a branch, I never talked to the headquarter in which I work. I dealt with a rep from another state, so the communication was terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over someone with experience.   View Answer
    None, they told me the price in which I would work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

position requires sales experience and they use behavioral questions to identify how you would react in certain sales situations