AT&T Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Melbourne, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the a few days after I did an interview on the telephone after which I was told I was selected to attend an interviewer with their Recruiter. My interview was two days later which lasted about an hour. The interviewer was quite friendly and made me feel relaxed as I was a bit nervous. She outlined the position and what it entailed then asked me about eight or so questions. I was then told I would be contacted in a few days as they were interviewing other applicants. They contacted me about three days after however I did not receive the job. The turnaround time with AT&T FOR a job interview is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• What did I most enjoy about my last job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I applied on the AT&T website. It seemed like a great position at first. I went through a conference call where they set up testing dates. After I passed my test, I went for an in person interview. The women that interviewed me was not dressed very professionally.. Considering I interview other people at my current job, I showed up in what I thought was appropriate attire. However, the two people interviewing me obviously didn't feel the need to represent the company that well. My interview was very unorganized. While I was waiting in the lobby, I noticed a lot of different employees that looked like they just didn't want to be there. The interviewer asked a lot of different questions, but kept interrupting me so they could finish writing my response. Overall, I was not impressed with this company. When I left, I immediately having second thoughts on if I actually wanted to work there. I ended up getting an email later that night saying that I could try again later. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you disagreed with a policy and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Submit online application, complete a series of online test, receive call from a recruiter, set a date for an interview in person, interview, wait a few more days, receive traning expectations, accept offer

Interview Questions

• I did not encounter a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I want to add to the legend of how strange the process is for this position. First you get notified they are hiring through their talent network (att jobs) and you apply. You receive an automated invitation to schedule a phone interview, it's not an interview; It is an overview of the position with up to 25 other callers, presumable due to the amount of people that apply. I have come to believe they do it to satisfy some quota of sheer volume of applicants they must go through the motions with because they are highly regulated. Ok so, you pick a time to go for the second step, testing, and this is where it gets weird or at least highly questionable. You go in and the test facilitator says hello and puts everyone in a room with computers for testing, you take the first test - a personality test. It is standard stuff, asking you if you agree with certain statements about your work ethic sharing gossip, etc...and then a second personality/work ethic type test, these take about an hour. The facilitator mentioned a math test but in my two times in this process I had not seen or taken any sort of math test, also strange. So next up is the call simulator and it is super easy, they put you in a call center simulated setting, the simulated trainer trains you on specific things to use during a call, etc. and then you take simulated calls. Both times I have done this I nailed the calls, perfectly - it was super easy. However during both times I did this process (once in 2013 and once this year, 2015) I took only 3 simulated calls, no math and was the first to leave. I have years of experience in inside/outside sales working for large, legitimate fortune 500, 100 companies and stand on my experience and knowledge of the sales and service process, how to treat a customer, etc. This was not hard. I have been declined both times, no idea why.
    I have read that some believe it is an automated decision making process and at this point I have to agree. I spent hours driving there on both occasions to be in the supposed 3 hour testing phase, only to stay a total of 3 hours and be what appears to be randomly declined. The people that walked in and out of the building couldn't have been that superior to myself, I realize how that reads but it's true. I fully believe it is an automated process all the way through, and based strictly on quotas, not necessarily slanted against certain races but to achieve a specific formula of races and genders and ages.
    AT&T Customer Service, Orlando, Florida - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will not waste my valuable time on a third trip (because they say keep applying...derp)

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, "how do you think people would say you respond to criticism?" that's not difficult   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Management conducts the interviews they asked me if I was committed for at least 1 year. They asked me if I could multi task well and if I had reliable transportation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process took about 20 days. First, you have to do online testing. Once they received the results you'll get an e-mail to set up a date and time for an interview. They give you a choice. Staffing manager calls you back to confirm date and time and gives some valuable tips about interview and how to prepare for it. After interview (3-5 days) staffing manager calls and says if you are recommended for this position or not. If yes, you will be scheduled for drug screen and they run background check. If you pass those you'll get a job-offer and get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based on your knowledge and experience. Didn't negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AT&T (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Completed online application which now includes the testing,got emailed for an interview,arried 30 minutes early.Interviewer was 2 hours late,when we went back into the office she was very quiet and rude wasnt interested at all,interview lasted 10 minutes tops,5 minutes later received rejection email,very unproffesional.only was asked 4 questions

Interview Questions

• I only was asked 4 very basic questions off a sheet of paper,she had no intentions of hiring me although i have the qualifications, i tried everything to connect but the way she handled my interview she obviously had it in her mind from the beginning she wasn't going to hire me.she even made a rude expression when i reached to shake her hand   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty simple interview, basic questions that can be answered using STAR. Even if you don't know the technical terms, they will teach you after you accept the offer. The interview is just to see who you are and to know a little more about you. It doesn't play a huge part in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, questions like what is IP/what does AT&T stand for/what is LAN and WAN, etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

being called in for an interview is nothing. what you should be worried about is whether or not you've passed their 45-2hrs long test (depending on how smart you are, I guess) before the interview. Then you go and have this one-on-one interview which not that bad, but you have to read a script and your being told that your pronouncing the word (eligible) wrong.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you and not the others?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, the assessments were extensive but a little hands on to break it up, I had a voice audition and got a call in 24 hours to setup an interview, my interview was that following Saturday, My interviewer was very nice and we clicked on technology, be prepared for a lot of scenario questions! He was easy going and friendly which took the edge off.

Interview Questions

• What does Technology mean to you? was the most unexpected question.   Answer Question