AT&T Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Easy and people were really friendly. came to a job fair setting and interviewed that day. took about a couple of days after and got the position. Asked the typical questions in an interview. Had two interviews that day. First we had to do a test and pass it, then had one interview if you were good enough they kept you around for the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with and irate customer and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Ashland, KY).

Interview

You start by applying online and a quick online test. A day or two later you get a call trying to schedule you for a phone group interview thats just a quick recap of the job. Then they will schedule you for a onsite test consisting of a call center simulation on a computer and some math questions. You have to do a drug test. A background test. Then Finally a onsite manager will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how you handled different situations related to work: "difficult customers, manager you dont like, etc."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

You take several company given assessments to see what jobs you're qualified to do. You receive a call by recruiter to come in for an interview. A job offer is extended. That was the process when I applied many years ago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment at the same time I did my application and resume. I received an email asking if I was interested in the next step which was a face-to-face interview. I went in for my interview on a Monday and received a call on Thursday saying I had been selected. I received an email shortly after the phone call asking me to complete a background check and a second email with drug testing information. I took my drug screen on Friday and am waiting for them send me my offer package.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and took an online test that was about an hour. A week later I received an email telling me to call a recruiter to go over resume and set up face to face interview. Once I had my face to face interview we went over my work history and different scenario questions related to customer service goals and weaknesses. The recruiter and interviewer both were very nice and honest. After the interview within a few days received call from recruiter to set up background check and drug test. Make sure to match everything on the background check likes jobs and or anything that is asked because they will find it and it can hurt the process or prolong it. After everything cleared I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness not emotional wise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Pueblo, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I took an assessment online. I then got a call 2 days later asking if I could come in for an interview. I went in the next day for a 1:1 interview which lasted 45 minutes. I received an email 2 weeks later saying I didn't get the job, but that I should try again in 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation in the past where you were unable to help a customer? Rate your level of computer expertise between 1-5.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Melbourne, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the a few days after I did an interview on the telephone after which I was told I was selected to attend an interviewer with their Recruiter. My interview was two days later which lasted about an hour. The interviewer was quite friendly and made me feel relaxed as I was a bit nervous. She outlined the position and what it entailed then asked me about eight or so questions. I was then told I would be contacted in a few days as they were interviewing other applicants. They contacted me about three days after however I did not receive the job. The turnaround time with AT&T FOR a job interview is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• What did I most enjoy about my last job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I applied on the AT&T website. It seemed like a great position at first. I went through a conference call where they set up testing dates. After I passed my test, I went for an in person interview. The women that interviewed me was not dressed very professionally.. Considering I interview other people at my current job, I showed up in what I thought was appropriate attire. However, the two people interviewing me obviously didn't feel the need to represent the company that well. My interview was very unorganized. While I was waiting in the lobby, I noticed a lot of different employees that looked like they just didn't want to be there. The interviewer asked a lot of different questions, but kept interrupting me so they could finish writing my response. Overall, I was not impressed with this company. When I left, I immediately having second thoughts on if I actually wanted to work there. I ended up getting an email later that night saying that I could try again later. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you disagreed with a policy and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Submit online application, complete a series of online test, receive call from a recruiter, set a date for an interview in person, interview, wait a few more days, receive traning expectations, accept offer

Interview Questions

• I did not encounter a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I want to add to the legend of how strange the process is for this position. First you get notified they are hiring through their talent network (att jobs) and you apply. You receive an automated invitation to schedule a phone interview, it's not an interview; It is an overview of the position with up to 25 other callers, presumable due to the amount of people that apply. I have come to believe they do it to satisfy some quota of sheer volume of applicants they must go through the motions with because they are highly regulated. Ok so, you pick a time to go for the second step, testing, and this is where it gets weird or at least highly questionable. You go in and the test facilitator says hello and puts everyone in a room with computers for testing, you take the first test - a personality test. It is standard stuff, asking you if you agree with certain statements about your work ethic sharing gossip, etc...and then a second personality/work ethic type test, these take about an hour. The facilitator mentioned a math test but in my two times in this process I had not seen or taken any sort of math test, also strange. So next up is the call simulator and it is super easy, they put you in a call center simulated setting, the simulated trainer trains you on specific things to use during a call, etc. and then you take simulated calls. Both times I have done this I nailed the calls, perfectly - it was super easy. However during both times I did this process (once in 2013 and once this year, 2015) I took only 3 simulated calls, no math and was the first to leave. I have years of experience in inside/outside sales working for large, legitimate fortune 500, 100 companies and stand on my experience and knowledge of the sales and service process, how to treat a customer, etc. This was not hard. I have been declined both times, no idea why.
    I have read that some believe it is an automated decision making process and at this point I have to agree. I spent hours driving there on both occasions to be in the supposed 3 hour testing phase, only to stay a total of 3 hours and be what appears to be randomly declined. The people that walked in and out of the building couldn't have been that superior to myself, I realize how that reads but it's true. I fully believe it is an automated process all the way through, and based strictly on quotas, not necessarily slanted against certain races but to achieve a specific formula of races and genders and ages.
    AT&T Customer Service, Orlando, Florida - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I will not waste my valuable time on a third trip (because they say keep applying...derp)

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, "how do you think people would say you respond to criticism?" that's not difficult   Answer Question