AT&T

Getting the Interview

82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I placed an application by calling a telephone number provided in an ad. This was the preliminary interview. I was asked general questions involving past customer service positions. I was invited to come in to test for the position I applied to. The testing involved various customer scenarios. There were also tests that showed how you would handle tense or difficult situations. After that, I was asked to stay for a person to person interview. I passed the first 3 steps in the hiring process. I was called approximately a week later and was invited to come in for another person to person interview, at which time a job and salary offer was given. Unfortunately, I had to wait months before another call was received to give me my start date and for training.

Interview Question – The personality questions. I cannot remember the specific questions. It was 18 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was on the salary offered. It was based on your sales experience. I had enough experience to come in at the middle of the offer grid. Be as thorough as you can and make sure you provide all experiences that pertain to the position you are seeking.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – at first it was a phone interview that lasted several minutes. Secondly there was a face to face interview I stood about 15 minutes. There were actual testing that was very complicated last about 1 hour. There was a ditional testing if you passed that was Mak phone call testing were you were too pretend to take calls and make offers or answer questions.

Interview Question – during the first phone interview one question was asked as how many times is it appropriate to be tardy and A month?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2012.

Interview Details – They go off the star process, Situation, task, action and response. you can find information on this online, make sure to have your examples and go over them enough that you feel comfortable saying it, they will have quite a few different types so cover them all

Interview Question – What is a good reason to quit without notice   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a little more than they first offered but I do believe that has changed. It might not be possible anymore, benefits were non nonnegotiable along with commission.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – This is a firm that believes heavily in testing. It starts with the phone interview which will describe the position and give you an opportunity to answer some general background questions. Be very careful to listen to the questions and answer them as asked, it is part of the screening criteria. There was a glitch where I got an automated invitation to appear at a location for testing for the wrong date. You will be provided very specific emailed instructions regarding the procedure on testing day. read it carefully. If you do not follow these guidelines to the letter, you will be screened out. There is then a series of computer administered tests. You can be eliminated at any stage in the proceedings as soon as the results area in. If you pass the screenings, you may be invited back for a group orientation. Be careful, this is also a final interview.

Interview Question – If your manager needs you; we can cancel your vacation. How do feel about that?   View Answer

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews before being hired. They wan't to hear all about how to empathize with customers.

Interview Question – When you think of customer service what other company comes to mind?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They start at 10.50, but with 10 years of experience I advised I would only accept the top starting pay which was 14.85

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – During the interview process the hiring manager asks questions to determine your work ethic and to determine how you will fit in the job. The good part is that you are aware of what the hourly pay is before the interview.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All negotiations are done by the Union for non-management jobs.

Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. They asked question that were simple, yet great way to find out who you are and how you respond to situations.

Interview Question – Explain a specific time where I disagreed with a managers instructions and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great offer. No need to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview questions that hiring managers ask entry level candidates will typically be focused on why you are interested in the job and why the company should hire you. Review these entry level interview questions and consider how you would answer, so you're ready to respond during the job interview.

Interview Question – When you are being interviewed for a management position, the interviewer will want to know about your experience, your management style, what you have accomplished in the past, and what your expectations are for the future. so you're ready to respond during the job interview. This was a very hard question. Take your time when answering   Answer Question

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – position requires sales experience and they use behavioral questions to identify how you would react in certain sales situations

Interview Question – pretty typical questions asked of front line reps.   Answer Question

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in April 2009.

Interview Details – I completed an online application. At the end of the application was a number to call to schedule a day to come in and complete a test on-site. After the test, I was called to do an in person interview. I was informed that I was hired at that interview and given information for my training class, the hours I would work, etc.

Interview Question – The test contained questions that gauged your moral standings, how well you work with others and questions about how you deal with a variety of personalities as far as customers are concerned. The most unexpected question may be, "What is integrity?"

It caught me off-guard. I think I answered well. My answer was something along the lines of, ..."holding oneself accountable for your own moral and professional principles and standards." My interviewer was a little difficult and rude once I answered, however. She asked me what were my moral and professional principles and standards after I answered the question in a very "snarky" voice.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.