AT&T

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

I received a phone call from a manager to set up 1st Interview. Manager was very polite and scheduled my interview for the following day. Interview went well, hoping to receive 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
  • None, Interview was very straight forward.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

I placed an application by calling a telephone number provided in an ad. This was the preliminary interview. I was asked general questions involving past customer service positions. I was invited to come in to test for the position I applied to. The testing involved various customer scenarios. There were also tests that showed how you would handle tense or difficult situations. After that, I was asked to stay for a person to person interview. I passed the first 3 steps in the hiring process. I was called approximately a week later and was invited to come in for another person to person interview, at which time a job and salary offer was given. Unfortunately, I had to wait months before another call was received to give me my start date and for training.

Interview Questions
    • The personality questions. I cannot remember the specific questions. It was 18 years ago.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was on the salary offered. It was based on your sales experience. I had enough experience to come in at the middle of the offer grid. Be as thorough as you can and make sure you provide all experiences that pertain to the position you are seeking.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

at first it was a phone interview that lasted several minutes. Secondly there was a face to face interview I stood about 15 minutes. There were actual testing that was very complicated last about 1 hour. There was a ditional testing if you passed that was Mak phone call testing were you were too pretend to take calls and make offers or answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • during the first phone interview one question was asked as how many times is it appropriate to be tardy and A month?   View Answer
    N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

This is a firm that believes heavily in testing. It starts with the phone interview which will describe the position and give you an opportunity to answer some general background questions. Be very careful to listen to the questions and answer them as asked, it is part of the screening criteria. There was a glitch where I got an automated invitation to appear at a location for testing for the wrong date. You will be provided very specific emailed instructions regarding the procedure on testing day. read it carefully. If you do not follow these guidelines to the letter, you will be screened out. There is then a series of computer administered tests. You can be eliminated at any stage in the proceedings as soon as the results area in. If you pass the screenings, you may be invited back for a group orientation. Be careful, this is also a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager needs you; we can cancel your vacation. How do feel about that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

It was a very strict hiring process. I had to go through two interviews -- a phone interview and then a sit-down interview. During the process, they made me fill out my own background check and then take a drug test prior to even receiving a job offer. Once I completed that, then I was hired. Although I was hired for a branch, I never talked to the headquarter in which I work. I dealt with a rep from another state, so the communication was terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over someone with experience.   View Answer
    None, they told me the price in which I would work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

position requires sales experience and they use behavioral questions to identify how you would react in certain sales situations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

When putting in an application you will also have to complete your assement. After this you will be contacted by an outsource company that will set up an appointment for you to come into the location and complete a face to face. The interview method is the STAR interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Example, "Tell me about a time you had to make a time you had to use the computer to help you complete a project or assignment" In this interveiw you will be ask questions that will check your process to think outside of the box, conflict resolution, and technical thought process. When answering the question the interviewer is looking for the following format.
      Situation: describe in detail what the situation was
      Task: the task that needed to be complete
      Action: detail steps that you took to make this happen
      Result: what was the result of what your actions.

Answer Question
    Did not have the option to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in October 2013.

Applied online and received an email to schedule a telephone conference call basically describing the job. Scheduled a time to take an assessment test on the computer at the call center facility. Still awaiting to be scheduled a face to face interview. I was told it takes two business days after the assessment is taken to know whether you pass or failed. I've called throughout the week and been told sometimes it can take longer and so far there has been no update to my profile. The whole process has taken two weeks so far. I'll update again once I find out if I passed my assessment or not.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment consisted of personality questions, vocab questions, math, and simulations of phone call scenarios a rep might encounter.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. The interview lasted for about an hour. The questions asked for very detailed answers. It was a challenging process because both managers had very different mannerisms and ways they asked a question.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the usual questions but what was different was how much detail they wanted in the answer. Did you ever have a difficult customer and how did you appease them?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. When I got the phone call telling me about the job I was told that I HAD to agree to everything or I didn't get the job. This was the issue I had because I was told everything I agreed to was binding but things like salary and hours that I was told weren't binding on them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Not sure if i have the job yet but wanted to get someone insight I had my one on one today at which went great she wanted to see if the other manger had time to go ahead sit down with me and he did then they wanted me to go ahead and go on the floor for my RJP done that all together my interview was 2 hours long. so can anyone tell me if this was good i really want this job. can someone tell me what they went though when they done there interview.