AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Had a series of tests right after the initial application, all online.

A few days later I received an email asking me to set up an interview time and date. Interview was very relaxed. My interviewer was dressed extremely casually/relaxed and made the interview very casual. A few questions about my computer/technical skills and some generic customer service questions.

A couple days later I received another email telling me that I did well in the interview and that I was extended a conditional offer based on passing a background and drug test. Background took a couple days to finish up, and drug test needs to be done within 48 hours.

After the background check finished, I was called by the staffing manager and extended a formal offer.

Interview Question – None at all were difficult. Very easy and relaxed. Based on some of the experiences on here, mine seems to not be the norm. If you have any customer service experience, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, as I have a bachelor's degree and extensive customer service experience. I was topped out at a little over 15/hour. Range is about 12.5-15/hour. Your wage is based on business related degrees earned and/or sales/customer support/wireless experience.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2012.

Interview Details – A week after I applied online, I was contacted for an assessment test date. Answered over 150 questions--most of them on personality, some on mathematics. There was an assimilation program that required to you listen & type customer's information. Test took about 2 hours and afterward, we had to wait for the test admin to let us know whether we passed or failed. I was given an interview time 2 hours after the test, but over half of the people had interviews the next day. Overheard a guy saying he failed and was told to re-apply in 6 months for the position.

The interview process was basically your answer & question type. The interviewer asked behavioral questions pertaining certain situation/scenario/follow-up on previous experiences you had and what you did. They are trying to see if you would be fitted for the position based on your answer -- feels like if you have call center & tech experiences, the interview process will be a breeze.

Note: although it's not mentioned in the job description, this position is to troubleshoot iphone & provide customer support to iphone users. Starting salary is a little above $12. Seven weeks training provided.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulties with friends/families/coworkers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you should work for AT&T. [something like that - i can't remember her exact words]   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!