AT&T

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocean Springs, MS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean Springs, MS

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I originally thought I was no longer being considered for this position after receiving an email stating that the posting had closed and any applicants that had applied to that posting would no longer be considered. After 2 weeks however, I received a phone call from someone asking if I was still interested in the position and was able to set up an interview.

The interview process was pretty straight-forward. However I was not interviewed by the person who was in charge of extending job offers. The person interviewing had a packet of questions that she could chose from and wrote down my responses.

Pretty standard interview questions such as :
- tell me about a time that you calmed down an irate customer. what techniques did you use?
- what do you find challenging about working with multiple software programs at once?
- what did you not like about your previous job?

After interviewing me the woman asked if I had a few moments and was able to have a manager (I can't remember what type of manager she was) meet with me. The manager was primarily interested in my previous call center experience and what I did not like about my last call center. I meet with this manager for about a total of 5 minutes out of the hour that I was there.

Once I finished speaking with the manager, I was told that I would contacted by the person in charge of extending the job offers.

I was asked on a Thursday for a interview. I interviewed on Monday and late Tuesday night was sent an email with a conditional job offer with it pending on background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
  • How do you interpret policies and procedures?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

I applied online. Had a series of tests right after the initial application, all online.

A few days later I received an email asking me to set up an interview time and date. Interview was very relaxed. My interviewer was dressed extremely casually/relaxed and made the interview very casual. A few questions about my computer/technical skills and some generic customer service questions.

A couple days later I received another email telling me that I did well in the interview and that I was extended a conditional offer based on passing a background and drug test. Background took a couple days to finish up, and drug test needs to be done within 48 hours.

After the background check finished, I was called by the staffing manager and extended a formal offer.

Interview Questions
    • None at all were difficult. Very easy and relaxed. Based on some of the experiences on here, mine seems to not be the norm. If you have any customer service experience, you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate, as I have a bachelor's degree and extensive customer service experience. I was topped out at a little over 15/hour. Range is about 12.5-15/hour. Your wage is based on business related degrees earned and/or sales/customer support/wireless experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2012.

A week after I applied online, I was contacted for an assessment test date. Answered over 150 questions--most of them on personality, some on mathematics. There was an assimilation program that required to you listen & type customer's information. Test took about 2 hours and afterward, we had to wait for the test admin to let us know whether we passed or failed. I was given an interview time 2 hours after the test, but over half of the people had interviews the next day. Overheard a guy saying he failed and was told to re-apply in 6 months for the position.

The interview process was basically your answer & question type. The interviewer asked behavioral questions pertaining certain situation/scenario/follow-up on previous experiences you had and what you did. They are trying to see if you would be fitted for the position based on your answer -- feels like if you have call center & tech experiences, the interview process will be a breeze.

Note: although it's not mentioned in the job description, this position is to troubleshoot iphone & provide customer support to iphone users. Starting salary is a little above $12. Seven weeks training provided.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had difficulties with friends/families/coworkers and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you should work for AT&T. [something like that - i can't remember her exact words]   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!