AT&T

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student/Technical Intern I Interview

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call few weeks later.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions and basic programming/data structure questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions pertaining to social decision-making.

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward and predictable. Zealous managers may ask specific questions pertaining to past incidents that may have uniquely desirable answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted proposed compensation.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Specialist Network Planning Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was very easy. It last for about an hour over the phone. 15 minutes was about the actual job and the other 45 minutes was just pure conversation about dogs, sports, and other random hobbies we do during our spare time. I was asked about my knowledge with database applications and what others programs I'm proficient with. A few more questions about my resume such as my internships and awards. I was hired on spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just your typical "Why should we hire you?" or "Why do you want to work for AT&T?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Telesales Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Applied on website, took online assessment, met with team leader. Team leader just asks you few questions about yourself and why you want to work for company. What you think about the position and are you ok with the training times/attendance policies.
After interview you are told you will hear something within a week, but I guess that can sometimes take longer.

Interview Question – Standard STAR questions.
Name a time you had a upset customer and how did you resolve their issue?
Why do you want to work here?
Are you ok with the hours/attendance?
  Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Interview Details – Aptitude Test, if pass then an in-person role play.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   View Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had approximately four phone interviews and five in person interviews. The group is in transition as they are moving marketing jobs from various locations to Dallas. It appears a bit chaotic but could be an opportunity to create something new with a new team.

Interview Question – Most asked question was are you sure you don't mind the commute into the city? Be prepared to work downtown Dallas. Didn't sound like telecommuting was a popular idea. They want you in the office. Face time is key.   Answer Question

Uverse Prim Tech Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details – Application was submitted online. Got a phone call from HR company called Hireright. Job was offered. Appointment was made for two weeks from the call to be dowm at corporate HQ for a 50 question test on knowledge of various basic test. I think passing was a 90%. Afterwards job interviews were held 20 minutes later by what looked like children in Uverse uniforms. After that a group of about 30 new hires were cobbled together in a tiny room with what seemed like a dozen managers from around the DFW metroplex, who looked like they had been cattle proded into being there. 8 hours and $20 for thr parking meter later it was time to get stuck in 5:00 traffic for 2 hours.

Interview Question – The 50 question test was a liquid target. Not really all that diffacult, Though half the class did fail it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you have all of your proof of jobs,education, ect. I was offered 13.50 starting out. Hireright didn't all my college, and prior work experiences. After mailing transcripts and other stuff I ended up at 17.56 an hour.

BSLDP Participant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

Interview Details – Took less than a month.
Submitted my resume and cover letter online, was then invited to do online assessment, which led to a Skype interview with a recruiter asking canned questions (he was very kind, though reserved). Almost immediatly after, I attended a web seminar to learn more about the program, and then completed a role play exercise (which was rather fun), where I simulated interacting with both a new and current customer.

Interview Question – What is something that you have had to work to improve in regards to a business setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation; they are very quick to explain how difficult the BSLD program is, seem to want to scare you. Everything is done online.

Data Network Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in January 2009.

Interview Details – They brought us in for a cattle call. Then we had to stand in front of the whole room and explain why we were the best Telco Sales or Sales engineer available. 2 Minutes do or die!

Interview Question – Explain your technical responsibilities in your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, we have 20 people that want the job.

Leadership Development Program - Full-Time Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds. 1-on campus recuiter 2-internet video interview 3-dallas hq, all-day, given topic for 20 minute presentation to small panel

Interview Question – How would your peers describe you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice in Dallas, TX. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.