AT&T

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – You will first be required to take a test to make sure that you have the ability to work there. Then your results will be sent to a hiring manager where you will be called for a phone interview. If the hiring manager approves you will be asked for a in person interview that asks the general interview questions (what are your goals, when was a time that you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome that obstacle, what motivates you, if you saw an employee stealing what would you do even if that person was your good friend, etc.) after that you will be asked to shadow in a local store most likely on the same day. After that you will go through one final interview with the store manager that you shadowed in the manager and hiring manager will discuss how you performed and make a division within a few days.

Interview Question – You are applying to work for a communications company; on a scale of 1-10 how much do you know about how a call/text/data makes it to your phone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terms were non-negotiable

Premesis Technician Interview

Premesis Technician
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

Interview Details – took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Question – try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Lake Jackson, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process was a little long for me, there weren't any available training sessions open. I put my application in and was able to get a call back within the month. I was hired on the spot without having a second interview.

Interview Question – I was asked what I did when there was an escaltion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None in my circumstance.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
Humble, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – You must fill out the initial application online. The next step involves a thorough questionaire. They're looking for people who are dedicated, coachable, have integrity, dependable, & timely.

Interview Question – While everyone else pretty much says the same thing in interviews- what characteristic sets you apart from the bunch and brings more value to the team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They eestimate what they though I would make yearly. . . Compensated me during training period and the rest is history.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Sales Support Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Lengthy, but it really depends on the needs of the company. I lucked up and had only one phone interview, followed by a one on one with an ASM at the corporate office. I ended up working for the person that hired me as well.
You start by applying online, then you will get contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. If you meet expectations, you will be scheduled an official interview. Usually, you have one interview, then another, during which you will shadow on sight and see if you fit in the work environment.
You are notified by the recruiter if you are offered or declined a position within the company. There will be a dollar amount given that is non-negotiable as well. Be sure to ask for as much money as you think you deserve on the initial apps. AT&T will only give what is required.

Interview Question – All questions pertained to working in retail...what would you do if? What do you think about? Oh! And the favorite!!- Where do you see yourself in the next 10yrs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Phone call, then emailed new hire packet.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – The process was pretty fast. Be direct and answer the questions. Do not dodge the question because the interviewers know when you do so, and it will hurt you.

Interview Question – Situational questions that are a "catch 22". Answer in a way that's best for the company. i.e. the company has a smaller loss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary. I declined the first 2 offers because I knew my worth.

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2010.

Interview Details – Various based on need and vendor

Interview Question – Sell me this pen!!   View Answer

Premesis Technician Interview

Premesis Technician
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Interview Details – Have to take 2 basic reading and comprehensive test. very easy in my opinion

Negotiation Details – NO

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Question – Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-existent.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – Corporate calls for prelim interview, then you do in store. Quick process

Interview Question – simple interview, if you have a sales personality, you got the job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.