AT&T Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.8

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Took about a week, received a call from H.R. to schedule interview with recruiter. Arrived 15 min early. Interview lasted about 30 min. Basically went over resume & discussed training, hours, locations. Then recruiter told me he would call me back to schedule interview with hiring manager. Have not heard back since. I called back H.R. & was told my application was on hold, but that they are always hiring. Not really sure what to think.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if hours & locations would be an issue as well as traveling for training.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply throught internet. Once AT&T accept application, it sends an email for you to take a test within 5 days which takes about 45 minutes. Only email communication until it send you an email for the interview with ATT staffing persong at AT&T store. The interview comprises of three sections with your resume, job description and general Q&As.

Interview Questions

• What do your think is your postion going to be after 5 years?   2 Answers

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
    I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
    When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotions

Premesis Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions

• try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX).

Interview

Lengthy, but it really depends on the needs of the company. I lucked up and had only one phone interview, followed by a one on one with an ASM at the corporate office. I ended up working for the person that hired me as well.
    You start by applying online, then you will get contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. If you meet expectations, you will be scheduled an official interview. Usually, you have one interview, then another, during which you will shadow on sight and see if you fit in the work environment.
    You are notified by the recruiter if you are offered or declined a position within the company. There will be a dollar amount given that is non-negotiable as well. Be sure to ask for as much money as you think you deserve on the initial apps. AT&T will only give what is required.

Interview Questions

• All questions pertained to working in retail...what would you do if? What do you think about? Oh! And the favorite!!- Where do you see yourself in the next 10yrs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Phone call, then emailed new hire packet.

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First its a timed test .. They let you know then and there if you passed .. Its in a class room setting... Of you pass you stay if you gail they call your name to leave... Then its a face to face interview 2 weeks later.. Quick and painless just have common sense with electronics.. If you pass that then they bring you up stairs and discuss pay any and everything from past jobs to being in school can determine your pay .. Eventing is on a Tuesday also

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do you know about electronics

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process takes time. I applied three months before i was actually called back to interview. The interviewers are quite nice and once you pass the first interview the process is streamlined. They could use a little more speed in contact time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer was upset and you successfully found a solution to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existent.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty fast. Be direct and answer the questions. Do not dodge the question because the interviewers know when you do so, and it will hurt you.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions that are a "catch 22". Answer in a way that's best for the company. i.e. the company has a smaller loss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. I declined the first 2 offers because I knew my worth.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Well it pretty much goes like all the other postings around this website. A phone interview, personality test, and then 1 on 1 interview.

The interview is pretty basic and easy when you actually apply for it and get all the way to the actual interview. The only problem was that I had previously worked at a store and I was coming back to work for the company after a year. Everything was clear up my backgrounds, re hire status, etc.. The only problem that I had about this position was that I was interviewing for a full time position rather than a part time. Which in order to be a EOE a company must interview outside candidates for any job posting. Which in my situation I was interviewing with a current PT employee who was already working at the store. So obviously I didn't get the position because it make no sense to hire someone, train them, and assimilate them with a new team. I just thought it was straight up waste of time, effort, and money to have gone through the whole process. So I'm pretty much going to tell you about the position and the company because I'm never going to work at this company ever again nor waste my time ever applying to a position even if its that last job on earth.

1. Expect to work Retail hours and have no life. Why?. they over work everybody and they don't necessarily care because they have a high turnover for this position. 110 hr every 2 weeks is normal.

2. Expect to never grow or move up unless your planning on working for the company for 6 plus years. Every position is based on seniority doesn't matter if you nail the interview to move to another position.

3. They have a union which pretty much makes every thing worse. You have lousy, unmotivated, uneducated, bitter people that you will have to work with. Could benefit you could not depends on the store. If you are in a HIT store basically don't apply unless you can speak fluent Spanish. Remember its SALES!

4. The company has horrible benefits especially for PT workers. Pretty much all of your paycheck goes to cover those costs if you have kids forget about it. Plus you are commission which is taxed by uncle sam like crazy!. But you make 16-18 and hour depending on your location. Also you have to pay the Union. Which helps out allot especially if you have douche bag Managers who write you up for being 5 mins late.

5. You have point system which is 5 points and termination after. They are removed 6 months after the actual date you were late. 1 point for not showing up or being 30+ minutes late. Basically don't show up to work if your an hour late.

So if you are a looking for a job you think the above stuff is ok with you then apply. I just think that its my duty to make sure you guys have an idea of what your getting yourself into. Hope this helps.