AT&T

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
    I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
    When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

No negotions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2011.

You will first be required to take a test to make sure that you have the ability to work there. Then your results will be sent to a hiring manager where you will be called for a phone interview. If the hiring manager approves you will be asked for a in person interview that asks the general interview questions (what are your goals, when was a time that you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome that obstacle, what motivates you, if you saw an employee stealing what would you do even if that person was your good friend, etc.) after that you will be asked to shadow in a local store most likely on the same day. After that you will go through one final interview with the store manager that you shadowed in the manager and hiring manager will discuss how you performed and make a division within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • You are applying to work for a communications company; on a scale of 1-10 how much do you know about how a call/text/data makes it to your phone?   View Answer
    Terms were non-negotiable

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

took 2 weeks, had a test, pretty easy, then striagh to interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, they ask you three questions mostly related to customer service and sales. Make sure you tell them exactly what you have done in the past that will translate into this job.

Interview Questions
    • try not to ask too much about the ladders of the company, they tend to get prettty anal about it, focus on the job you are applying for first   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Jackson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2011.

The process was a little long for me, there weren't any available training sessions open. I put my application in and was able to get a call back within the month. I was hired on the spot without having a second interview.

None in my circumstance.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

You must fill out the initial application online. The next step involves a thorough questionaire. They're looking for people who are dedicated, coachable, have integrity, dependable, & timely.

Interview Questions
    • While everyone else pretty much says the same thing in interviews- what characteristic sets you apart from the bunch and brings more value to the team?   View Answer
    They eestimate what they though I would make yearly. . . Compensated me during training period and the rest is history.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Lengthy, but it really depends on the needs of the company. I lucked up and had only one phone interview, followed by a one on one with an ASM at the corporate office. I ended up working for the person that hired me as well.
    You start by applying online, then you will get contacted by a recruiter for a short phone interview. If you meet expectations, you will be scheduled an official interview. Usually, you have one interview, then another, during which you will shadow on sight and see if you fit in the work environment.
    You are notified by the recruiter if you are offered or declined a position within the company. There will be a dollar amount given that is non-negotiable as well. Be sure to ask for as much money as you think you deserve on the initial apps. AT&T will only give what is required.

Interview Questions
    • All questions pertained to working in retail...what would you do if? What do you think about? Oh! And the favorite!!- Where do you see yourself in the next 10yrs.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Phone call, then emailed new hire packet.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

The process was pretty fast. Be direct and answer the questions. Do not dodge the question because the interviewers know when you do so, and it will hurt you.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions that are a "catch 22". Answer in a way that's best for the company. i.e. the company has a smaller loss.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary. I declined the first 2 offers because I knew my worth.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in May 2010.

Various based on need and vendor

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in September 2009.

Have to take 2 basic reading and comprehensive test. very easy in my opinion

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

The hiring process at AT&T is very long. There are several levels of interviews, but none of them are overly taxing. You will get the standard interview questions like, what is a time that you had to turn a no into a yes. There is an interview where you will be asked to give a presentation, but it is very simple and short.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to create a power point and give a presentation was the most taxing part of the interview process.   Answer Question
    non-existent.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!