AT&T

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – There are two parts: a data entry part which must be passed to go on to the 1:1 interview. The data entry is simply a recorded voice telling you their name, and address, and you are to put that information into the appropriate fields. The second part is usually with one of the managers, where they ask you some STAR model questions and then have you sell them something, like a TV package.

Birmingham, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – The lady was nice, explained the job through and through. Went into details about the salary that I found odd. Most jobs don't do that. Told me someone would be calling me in a few days to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to leave my current job?   Answer Question
  • How would I handle a customer's situation from beginning to end: Process of STAR- situation task action result   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – I thought the interviewer had already made his mind prior to my arrival on his choices. I was the last candidate out of maybe 40-50 so he was pretty weary and it showed. He seemed almost bored from jump. Very polite but bored. I must admit, I was not totally prepared for the detailed probing nature of the questions. But I have been and am a very seasoned and accomplished salesman all my life and actually this job was really 3 levels below my skill set, but I digress. In his defense, I had my share of "can you repeat the questions". But I felt my answers were pretty good. Certainly had to better than a ton of the total dweebs I saw walking around the place, but again, I digress. At the end of the interview, we did a role play where I had 5 minutes to sell him a product. I KNOW I knocked that out of the park, but I may have had a few to many ummm's in the rst of the interview. My advice to the great unwashed. Prepare for situational questions. Think of what if type questions. Think of specific orders and events and good and bad orders/customers/dealings/events you have had to deal with and the SPECIFIC way you handled them. Be clear and concise. Avoid the ums. Believe me, when the rubber hits the road, you'd be surprised how hard it is to recall simple past events that you could usually recall in a skinny minute. Overakk, I hate to admit it, but I probably did blow it.

Interview Question – Please give me an example of a time when you had to come up with an alternative solution to a problem in a specific work situation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2011.

Interview Details – After applying on thier website, received email for a apptitude test the next weekend. Then received a call from staffing to interview. Interviewer asked about prior sales exp. Then sat down w/ a team and listened in on some incoming calls. The place had all the charm of a puppy mill.

Interview Question – Asked for examples of past sales problems w/ customers, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Inside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.