AT&T

Updated Aug 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very laid back

Interview Question – There was noting out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

Interview Details – HR was a bit slow and inefficient but they eventually took care of me in a professional and courteous manner. Interview questions were pretty standard. Interviewer was a much more experienced employee but still understood the situation of an entry-level job seeker. The interview could really be more of a 2-way conversation if you want it to be, as opposed to a traditional interview.

Interview Question – How would you visually represent a problem you had to solve?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything was through email and pretty intuitive.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Applied in November. Got interview in early December and an offer within a week. Interview was with 2 head managers.

Interview Question – Interview questions were simple IT questions like what is ping, ifconfig, osi model, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at job fair and they asked me several questions about my resume. I had one followup virtual interview with a recruiter and another with a manager and one of the people who work there so they could answer any of my additional questions. It was a very quick process and they always got back to me quickly. I would say the entire process took about a month.

Interview Question – They did not ask any really unexpected questions. Mostly scenarios which I responded to using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that I decided to take instead.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – 3 people interview, I think they need a project manager instead of the engineer. one of them, I think he is the hiring manager. He asked a lot of questions. but the questions are not that hard. I think I answered them very well. I don't want this job because I don't think it is an engineer position.

Interview Question – Three strengths and one weakness
 why are you interested in this program
What do you know about AT&T
Why do you want to work for AT&T What interests you in a career
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email and phone call asking me to come in for an interview.
Arrived on-site, was given a brief tour and then two back to back interviews (one technical and one personal). Both interviews were very standard.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Expect a brain teaser or two and maybe a leadership/management type question. Questions seemed to be selected from a pool of commonly asked questions, so you will very likely be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate days/hours worked. They were very flexible, as all the interns were first or second years in college.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!