AT&T Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Think of the strategy as your mission statement for all your hiring efforts. In addition to your philosophy, your hiring strategy includes timing issues. How you approach replacement jobs versus additional jobs varies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Very laid back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

HR was a bit slow and inefficient but they eventually took care of me in a professional and courteous manner. Interview questions were pretty standard. Interviewer was a much more experienced employee but still understood the situation of an entry-level job seeker. The interview could really be more of a 2-way conversation if you want it to be, as opposed to a traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you visually represent a problem you had to solve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything was through email and pretty intuitive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied in November. Got interview in early December and an offer within a week. Interview was with 2 head managers.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were simple IT questions like what is ping, ifconfig, osi model, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

Interview

I knew someone internally who referred me to a hiring manager for the position I was interested in. I applied online and received an interview request 2 weeks later. I set up an appointment for a phone interview which happened 1 week after getting an interview request. The phone call went very smooth. 2 weeks after the interview, I received an offer. From submission of application to acceptance of offer, it took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the main characteristics you believe a leader should have?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in December 2013.

Interview

Called for an interview, interview was very easy and relaxed. Hires mostly every applicant. asked about basic network hardware.I answered it very vaguely and the interviewer understood that. I got a call from the hr department that i was accepted an hour and half after i was done with the interview. I accepted the offer. I had to take a drug test at a lab and once it passed and my background check came back good, i was accepted and started training. It was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• What's an ip address? its uses? What's wan? Lan?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I submitted my application online and within 5 days, was contacted by the woman who would be my manager for an initial phone interview. After interviewing with her, I had one more phone interview about a week later with my potential project team. Each of them asked a question or two that pretty much revolved around the points on my resume. All questions were behavioral, and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about one of your weaknesses, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal, but some room for negotiation depending on experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Very quick but thorough process. First there was an over the phone interview with a recruiter, then an in person interview. I had to wait less than a week to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

Interview

First some documents about the department was given and then phone interview with director and mentor. Questions were about my work and availability in programming and research to be related to AT&T's work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Met recruiter at job fair and they asked me several questions about my resume. I had one followup virtual interview with a recruiter and another with a manager and one of the people who work there so they could answer any of my additional questions. It was a very quick process and they always got back to me quickly. I would say the entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any really unexpected questions. Mostly scenarios which I responded to using the STAR method.   Answer Question

I received another offer that I decided to take instead.