AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Interview Question – "Sell me this phone."   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Question – Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3-4 managers over the phone (I lived out of state). Questions included, "tell me a time when you were tasked with a responsibility..." and "how did you handle disagreements among team members." To prepare for these type of questions, think STAR: Situation, Task, Action, Results.

Interview Question – I didn't come across any difficult questions since I had 8+ years of experience for the roleI was applying for. Perhaps the most difficult question at the time was "how do you query 3rd party partners for a business solution they want to implement at ATT."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little wiggle room on salary but they did pay my relocation expenses.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Billing Ops Analyst Interview

Billing Ops Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – 1on1 with Team Lead and Center Manager. A peer was assigned to show me the warehouse. Very informal. The initial interviewer recommended me to his boss for final one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – How would you document and explain missing deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Governed by Human Resource Job Title protocols.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2 in store interviews, 1 Month of full training on products and services, 1 week in store training, Once on the sales floor you get to drive the system and get a feel of what you will be doing as you are "shadowing" a representative

Negotiation Details – I was offered to start at 14.00/hr

Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went really well was at a really nice hotel in Irving, TX staff was awesome interview to about 30 mins asked some behavioral questions asked me what were my plans with the company and that was it.

Interview Question – why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was not able to negotiate was give an offer and went with it.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Associate Applications Developer

Interviewed at AT&T

Interview Details – 1. Skype pre-screen interview
2. In person interview with a few team members. Mix of behavioral and technical questions (whiteboard and technical concept questions)
3. One-on-one interview with one of the higher ups if pass

Only reason my overall experience rating is neutral instead of positive is because during the interview, they stated they would follow up with me. Despite thank you and follow up e-mails, I never heard back. Found it disrespectful, but heard it's common these days.

Interview Question – Tell us something about yourself not on your resume   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Senior Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in April 2013.

Interview Details – If you have had great success in the industry and carry your self professional it should be a slam dunk if they are hiring! Always a plus if you know someone who works for the company as well.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Typical "hunter" type of job interview questions   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

Retail Leadership Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Interview Details – Phase 1: Automated webcam interview
Phase 2: Phone call from recruiter in your region explaining the program.
Phase 3: Phone interview with recruiter.
Phase 4: Phone Interview with recruiters boss.
Phase 5: In person Interview with the program director.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you changed/influenced someones way of thinking ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary was in my range (Above 50K) so I accepted the offer as is.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went in and they asked a series of questions that have to do with selling. Focus on product like u verse and home solutions. People will ask for phones and there different plans. Practice on selling the things that people don't ask for on an everyday occurrence.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen. in your preach use job what did you overcome on a day to day basis. Also do you work good with others   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No matter what manager it is always be business , more than likely they will be ur manager in the future. In 5 years I've had 11 different managers

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!