AT&T Interview Questions

1,950 Interview Reviews

2.7

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Roswell, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

Submitted online application and received email invitation to take qualifying exam. It's a very simple, math structured, test. After passing that test, a drug screen, physical and Realistic Job Preview (RJP) was scheduled. Extensive background check was done verifying all past experiences. After successfully passing those obstacles, another phone interview was conducted. AT&T calls this the CSA-F, Customer Service Assessment – Field and it is designed to see if you are going to represent AT&T well in front of the customer. I was offered, and accepted, a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were distracted by something either personally or professionally and tell me how you were able to overcome that.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something very quickly that you did NOT like about each job that you had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This job starts at $9 an hour and extends as high as $15. I was told, that if you have little or no experience, to expect to start at the bottom. However, I was able to negotiate to the top of that pay band and I suggest that you try the same. You'll have to have qualifying experiences that you can discuss so BE PREPARED.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Macon, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

It the process was awlful would not recommend it to anybody that has a soul

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was an internal hire position. They went through a regular interview process. Then there was an aptitude test. Once you passed that test, you went to the location to take a practical test. They gave you some imaginary customers, and you had to learn the file, and then supervisors called in as customers. You were graded on an arbitrary system of whether or not you handled the concern/complaint on one call. Once hired, the job was really the complaint line for yellowpage customers. In many instances, the call could not be resolved on the initial contact, and that was not acceptable. They had a grading system which was not very fair. There were many people on disciplinary plans, so many in fact that they stopped using that grading process about one month after they dismissed me

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had a difficult customer on the phone, and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a union shop, so pay was based on seniority.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Morrisville, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

1 hour technical phone screen 2 hour 4 person panel interview with BA, PM, Developer and architect Skills test - review customer request, provide a solution, write a proposal letter\document with estimation of time and effort Must know in-depth SharePoint best practices, installation locations, InfoPath pros and cons (for phone screen) Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of development best practices (phone screen) Must be able to write Business Requirements documentation, architecture maps and other deliverables Must have experience with requirements gathering This is a very hard group to get to the first step. Resume MUST have correct spelling, grammar, capitalisations of key terms and phrases (eg Microsoft SharePoint) Panel will speak negatively of previous candidates, which I believe reflects poorly on them. My advice would be to avoid commenting, however this is something that you will have to get used to if you accept a position with them.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a publishing portal and collaboration portal, what features would you expect to see?   1 Answer
    • There are 3 web parts DataView, Content Query, List View what are the differences?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation is not with AT&T as they use recruiters, however, whatever number you are thinking of, bump it up $5-$10 an hour. Make sure you verify the market value before accepting their offer. They have a hard time filling this role due to the very (excessively so) hard-to-pass interview process, so if you get as far as an offer you've done well!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T in April 2012.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. Applied for position, I ad to know who was in the department and get an introduction before I was to be considered for the position. I did a phone interview, giving me an outline for a panel presentation. The phone interview was informal, and did not get into any of my history, or experience. As an internal candidate it was already well known. I then arrived to do my group panel presentation as a business analysis of the proposed market I would be taking over. I preformed a full market-analysis, and provide demographics, areas of focus for lead development, and exptected revenue penetration for the market. I then went into my experience, my background prior to AT&T, and my accomplishments as an AT&T employee. On my final 1:1 interview with our Regional VP, I had a chance to again give my presentation, and really talk 1:1 about my vision, and his vision for me. It was an excellent opportunity to get to know my VP, and let him know my aspirations. After the interview, I was told they would be in touch in about 2 weeks with a final decision....20 minutes later, I received a phone call saying I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How much business do you plan on closing in the first 30 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay was low-balled at $30k. I ended up at $45K base. I have heard of people being able to negotiate as hiigh as $60k.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AT&T (Chico, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application online. A couple days later I had a pre screened 5 minute interview. 2 Days later I received another phone interview. I did well with the phone interviews and was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview. I was told to dress professional and to bring my resume. When I arrived at the store I meet the manager who was hiring. As soon as he saw me he looked at me from head to toe and gave a displeasing look. I apparently I did not dress professional enough. I was asked a series of questions. Be careful when answering their questions. They are trick questions. Of course I was applying for a sales position. I am a good sales person, but I guess I'm not a shark like what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• If I had a 100 sales people, what number would you be from being number one sales person to the 100th?   1 Answer
    • I need to know the exact number of a sale person you would be.Top five was not an answer.   1 Answer

MDA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Hartford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

The process was awesome! They flew us to conn for the 3rd and 4th round interviews. They payed for a town car and driver. They really are top notch.

Interview Questions

• Name a decision you made that you feel like you would take back.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AT&T in February 2012.

Interview

There was an online interactive information session followed by a phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Almost every question started with "Give an example of a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were put in a situation and you had to make an ethical decision. Explain this situation and what you did.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. Expect to have 2-4 face to face interviews with 2-7 people in the room. Reach out to as many people whom work in the company (in your area). Process can take 1-3 months from initial interview process. Typically 3 weeks of training. Understand the demands of the role you are interviewing for, and relate your past experience to those demands. If you are going for a sales role, illustrate your passion for exceeding quatos and have experience to support that. Express your desires to stay with the company long term, and your desires to move up and expand the company. Working in a team helpful environment, with the passion to be number one.

Interview Questions

• I've been through 8 interviews with the company, and every manager is different in what questions they will ask. I would say be prepared to talk highly of yourself and have past experiences on hand to support your strengths. Speak highly to being coachable, sales driven, leadership, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Area manager at the time was very proactive in helping me get the best pay as I was already an employee.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Somerset, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Very high efficient and straight-forwarded