AT&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

2014 SummerClient Tech Administrator Interview

2014 SummerClient Tech Administrator
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – March 4th: Applied for the job posting.
March 7th: Received an automated mail stating "So far so good …We have good news - you're still in the running as a candidate."
March 19th: Got a call from the Program Manager to schedule an interview.
March 27th: Interview. Two rounds.
 - Technical: How ARP works, subnetting, spanning tree, vlans and other basic questions)
 - Managerial: Tricky situation faced at work before and how I handled it. Other typical HR questions.
March 28th: Verbal communication confirming I have been selected.
April 7th: Offer letter.

Interview Question – Some of the HR questions seemed tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I was recommended by someone employed by AT&T. I was contacted by a recruiter on 7/1/14. The position was for a FT-Retail Sales Consultant 3 hours away from my home (being that I was ready to relocate). After speaking to the recruiter she arranged me an interview with the hiring manager for 7/9/14. The interview with the hiring manger went well. I was then set an interview with a store manager on 7/19/14. The interview went great although I was very nervous. The recruiter contacted me on 7/22/14 with an offer pending a background check. I submitted my info to HireRight on 7/23. My drug testing information arrived via UPS the next day. I took it to the testing center less than an hour later. I was very stressed through the whole ordeal. I'm not sure why because I knew all of my ducks were in a row. HireRight had no problems with any of my information. The background took approximately 5 business days. On 7/30/14 I received a call from my recruiter welcoming me to the team. I start my training 8/26 in Tennessee. I'm so excited!

Interview Question – If a customer comes in wanting to buy an iPhone, what will you do?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at job fair and they asked me several questions about my resume. I had one followup virtual interview with a recruiter and another with a manager and one of the people who work there so they could answer any of my additional questions. It was a very quick process and they always got back to me quickly. I would say the entire process took about a month.

Interview Question – They did not ask any really unexpected questions. Mostly scenarios which I responded to using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that I decided to take instead.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2012.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was to apply through the website. With that, there was a 100 questionnaire. After that process, about a week later, I got a call from HR for a screening. Once I was past the screening, I then interviewed with the store manager and district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. Questions about being able to interact with people and a fairly easy going conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant
San Ramon, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview at San Ramon but I lived in Vallejo. I had to decline the interview schedule because of far travel distance from my home. But I had a phone interview prior to my face interview. The guy from AT&T ask me if I was interested and I said yes. After that, he had asked me a various questions like if I'll be willing to be trained outside location and to be shouldered by AT&T, willing to work long hours of standing, work on late hours, work without accommodation and some other practical questions.

Then I realized after I ask my wife that the place I'm applying was far from my home. The salary will not cover most of my expenses (toll, gas, rent, food & etc.) So I have to decline the interview.

Note, after a week, AT&T still emailed me if I'm still interested in AT&T San Ramon. I didn't bother to reply back.

Human Resources Leadership Interview

Human Resources Leadership

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – A local recruiter conducted an informal phone interview with me which lasted for about 20 minutes. He asked behavioral questions including a question which asked "at your retirement party, what do you want people to say about you?" After the phone interview, I soon after received an email to schedule a video interview with a recruiter in Dallas. Within another 2 weeks, I had my video interview with a recruiter which lasted about 40 minutes. He had another HR person sit-in on the interview as well. Questions were not HR related at all.

Interview Question – "What is AT&T's Digital Life?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ASM Interview

ASM

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was long. Background check, drug test, etc. I completed a phone interview, one on one interview and then a panel interview with the District Manager, store Manager and 2 other ASM's. One of the ASM's I assisted in the firing of due to integrity issues....ironic.

Interview Question – What would I do to get rid of the losers in the store...........   View Answer

Negotiation Details – decline first offer. Increase $5K annually and accepted.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Customer Support Specialist
Ocean Springs, MS

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Interview Details – I originally thought I was no longer being considered for this position after receiving an email stating that the posting had closed and any applicants that had applied to that posting would no longer be considered. After 2 weeks however, I received a phone call from someone asking if I was still interested in the position and was able to set up an interview.

The interview process was pretty straight-forward. However I was not interviewed by the person who was in charge of extending job offers. The person interviewing had a packet of questions that she could chose from and wrote down my responses.

Pretty standard interview questions such as :
- tell me about a time that you calmed down an irate customer. what techniques did you use?
- what do you find challenging about working with multiple software programs at once?
- what did you not like about your previous job?

After interviewing me the woman asked if I had a few moments and was able to have a manager (I can't remember what type of manager she was) meet with me. The manager was primarily interested in my previous call center experience and what I did not like about my last call center. I meet with this manager for about a total of 5 minutes out of the hour that I was there.

Once I finished speaking with the manager, I was told that I would contacted by the person in charge of extending the job offers.

I was asked on a Thursday for a interview. I interviewed on Monday and late Tuesday night was sent an email with a conditional job offer with it pending on background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – How do you interpret policies and procedures?   View Answer

ATT Customer Service Representative Interview

ATT Customer Service Representative
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty standard. I only met 1 person, lasted 1.5 hours. The interviewer was pretty personable. I arrived on time, dressed appropriately, and prepared with answers to the top ten interview questions.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over someone else   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Manager was an hour late to interview. I was offered a position and didn't accept bc of this treatment. The interviewer didn't have any eye contact or want to be conversational during the process. He sped through it.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to overcome a difficult task and did so successfully. Explain the steps   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They just want warm bodies. I was treated as a number during the interviewing process. Person interviewing me was an hour late. They have some crazy base pay plus commission - base pay. I want a percentage of what I sell