AT&T

2.7

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

very long. lots of layers of hierarchy to deal with. no negotion on salary at all (not sure if that is good or bad). lots of help on relocation.

Interview Questions
    • the interviews questions were not complex (no one is trying to catch you out). There were several discussions that were generally a formality of speaking with all key stakeholders...all the way up to the CEO   Answer Question
    non existant

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I applied online, a phone screen (15 minutes) followed about 3 weeks later. About a week after that I met with an HR manager (10 minutes) who arranged with me to meet with the store manager (15 minutes). Finally I met with the Area Manager (30 minutes) who went over commission structure and expectations. The entire process took about 2 months total.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give sales pitches for non-essential items and services (Jambox, beats, high data mobile plans)   View Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AT&T.

I met an AT&T recruiter at my school's career fair, and was given a special application process card for the AT&T Experience weekend. It was followed up with a short 3 question behavioral interview online. I was contacted within 3 days with an invitation to Texas for a weekend which includes further interviews and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most excited about in the AT&T Experience weekend?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

interviewed at AT&T in October 2014.

Process was pretty easy. Applied and got call from hiring recruiter. Interviewer tried to intimidate me but was able to be confident in all my answers. Waiting for second call for interview with Store Manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you handle to handle a difficult customer and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    Salary pretty much predetermined

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pretty simple interview, basic questions that can be answered using STAR. Even if you don't know the technical terms, they will teach you after you accept the offer. The interview is just to see who you are and to know a little more about you. It doesn't play a huge part in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, questions like what is IP/what does AT&T stand for/what is LAN and WAN, etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative- Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Initially I got a call from a staffing rep. She did a brief phone interview with me. She asked if I was okay with a series of work related standards , she asked about my current and past employers and why I left or was looking to leave. Based on my application and phone interview she said she wanted me to interview at the job site with the hiring manager . We set a date and time and I went . I interviewed at the call center, it was nice, professional and quick. The facility has a gym. The hiring manager over my dept asked situational questions as well as "describe a time when" questions . She also asked "talk about your experience in ... customer service, multi tasking, IT.. etc. THe answers should have a beginning, middle, and end(how was it solved or what did you do to fix it) this saves them time and they appreciate not having to ask a bunch of followup questions just to get one question fully answered, they write it all down . My interviewer even mentioned how it was a good thing she didnt have to ask a bunch of follow up questions. Once we were done she walked me to the door and said good luck. Two days later I got a call from the staffing manager telling me they liked me and wanted to send me for a drug test and submit me for background check . They used a third party company to handle both dug and B.G check. I was on the phone with them daily. They wanted follow up information to confirm your jobs, they ended up confirming a job i had but got the dates of employment wrong so I had to clear that up. After everything on the drug and background check was done , I got another email saying my dug and background came back clear and that my salary was being submitted. two days later I got a call from staffing manager with full offer and details of first week schedule , she then emailed me all of my on boarding info ! All in all, the process took 2.5 weeks .

Interview Questions
    • in the interview, the hiring manager wanted to know my experience with software, putting together things, figuring out if a tv goes out , what steps do you take to figure out what wrong with it. Basically how well can you explain to someone how to fix, set up, or trouble shoot and issue they are having.   Answer Question
    based on years of experience and education, thats what they base pay on .

Network Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I go to a top 25 school but was not one of their target school most likely due to proximity. I applied online and heard from them a month or so later. I scheduled a phone interview with the head of the internship program. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and it was very casual. It was much more of a conversation then an interview asking questions meant to trick me.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any trick questions. It was just a rundown of my resume. I could tell that my interviewer was interested in particular experiences that I had so I elaborated on those quite a bit.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay because I was paying for housing

Wire Technician Interview

Had to wait a month or so for them to contact me but once they did, it moved pretty quickly. It was a fairly simple process once I got my resume uploaded. All of the testing info is available online. It would be more beneficial to an applicant if they knew the salary sooner in the game.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. I gave her my resume and they contacted me about 6 weeks later. Interview process consisted of one screening interview and one technical interview. The interview process was relatively easy; there were no questions on writing an algorithm or testing. All questions were coding trivia questions pretty much.

Interview Questions
    • What makes an interface important when discussing polymorphism?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Asset Protection Interview

I applied online and I got an e-mail stating " good news" and my application status shows resume forwarded to hiring manager. This has been like this since SEP 12. Can anyone advise what I should expect if anything? How long does the hiring manager normally review?