AT&T

2.7

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied online (this is for the collections position in Orlando. Collections only for mobility). Then I received an e-mail inviting me to schedule a teleconference. It took me 4 days to get a list of days available. After confirmation, you'll get a reminder e-mail about the conference. You can choose to either attend it online or by phone. The call was roughly an hour long. She explained the job duties, pay range, benefits, business hours, etc. After the explanation, she did a roll call and everyone had an opportunity to choose a date for an on-site testing. This position was out of town because I was hoping to relocate if I ended up getting the job.

You are expected to arrive at the location 20 minutes early with a photo ID. You were also able to dress comfortably. No professional or business casual dress was required. We were then taken to the testing room where we chose a computer to take the testing which was supposedly around 2 hours long. It consisted of many questions about your personality and situational questions. After that, you take a call center simulation test where you are shown how to navigate a system and then "take calls" and according to what the customer is calling you, you as the agent are chosen a list of answers to choose. I believe you are also graded as to how well you navigated the system. My test ended quickly way before anyone else in the room. I didn't get a chance to do the call test, and I was worried because I thought that meant I failed my personality test. I went over to the trainer and told her what happened. She asked me if I took the call test before, and I said yes, but for another position at another location and passed it. She told me that's the reason why, because you only take the same type of test once. So I left.

The very next day, I received a call through a 800 number telling me that now the next step for me is an interview. She asked me since I lived far away, that they were able to do a phone interview for me, instead of an in-person one, but she wanted me to get to know the center in person. I told her I attended the testing at the building the day before. She was very nice and sounded so exciting like she was making me feel hyped up, haha.

A few days later, I received my phone interview. The questions were very easy, and they were your typical questions like "What did you like best about your past employer?" "What did you like least?" "Tell me about a time you had an irate customer and how did you handle it?" There were other questions like "Tell me a time where you had to help someone with a smartphone app and how did you walk them through it?" and "Which programs do you know more and least? (talking about Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint. She was also super nice, and made my interview so comfortable and relaxing. We also shared a few chuckles. She then told me she was writing down the answers just in case she was quiet, and that the answers will be sent to a recruiter. It would usually take 2 weeks for a "yes" or "no" answer, but maybe sooner since there was a training class coming up. I was so excited because I felt like I did so well in the interview.

Unfortunately, a few hours later, I received an e-mail stating that my interview didn't qualify me for the position. I was so hearbroken because I couldn't understand why or what I did or didn't do that would not qualify me. I didn't stutter, I didn't say "ums", my answers were detailed in a STAR format, I was open to everything including my shift availability, my transportation is reliable, etc. I don't know if it's because there were afraid I wouldn't be able to to work there because I would have problems relocating, but I was so crushed. I really wanted that job and I prayed for it.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Tell me about a time you had to show someone how to use a smartphone app and how did you walk them through it?" Also, "This job requires many applications. How would you be able to multitask? By clicking applications?"   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I first applied online and immediately completed the online test. Within passing this, I received a call from a staffing person about 3 days later. (I first applied on Friday, I received this call on a Monday). Unlike others, this was not a phone interview, she simply just asked me when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager. About a week later I met with the hiring manager at a corporate office. This interview last 10-15 minutes. Just went over my resume and was asked about how I deal with difficult customers, what selling techniques do I use, etc. I was also asked what phone I currently have in this interview. I was really unsure of if I would move forward or not because the interviewer showed very little emotion. I was told that i would know if I was selected to move forward by looking online and viewing my job submission status. If it said "not considering you at this time.," then obviously you were not selected.

About an hour later my status updated telling me I was still in the running for the position. 2 days later , on a sunday the store manager called me to set up an interview for later that week. At this interview, I again went through my resume, my selling techniques and my goals in life. I was told about the job and was asked if I was up for challenge. At the end of the interview, He thanked me for my time and that was it.

5 days later, I got a call from the recruiter giving me a contingent offer that would be finalized after I completed my background check through hireright and drugtest.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last criticism you got from a previous boss ?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Was offered. $14.50 for pay plus commission.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

Was hired from within AT&T so I did not have much room for negotiation. This process is very straightforward and succinct within the company with very direct compensation directives and bonuses were calculated based on a corporate average

easy

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

Just went in for my interview yesterday,, it was very calm and laidback, The woman who interviewed me was awesome. Didn't ask anything that i wasn't expecting,, very laidback and felt comfortable. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult or unexpected,, just about past jobs and how youdeal with people   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AT&T in December 2010.

Hiring manager selects a lot of incorrect people, you cant sell with your heart in AT&T. You sell whoever walks in. Even if is an old couple and someone that say they don't have money..

Interview Questions
    • You have to answer every question in the STAR format   View Answer
    What they offer is what you get

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

I applied on the AT&T career website. A few weeks later I got a call from one of the Audit Directors that they wanted to meet with me. The Director had an Audit Manager call me and schedule the interview based on my schedule. I met with them a few days later for the interview. The interview was about 2 1/2 hrs long. I met with 3 Audit Managers and then did a case study. The final portion was to meet with 2 Audit Directors. There were many specific questions about my current job and auditing experience. Everyone was really nice and pleasant and I was impressed by their professionalism. A couple days later I sent a thank you email and the Director responded to me letting me know that they would be in touch with me soon. A few days later I got an offer. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • There were many specific questions about my current job and auditing experience. There weren't any real technical questions. The case study was the only unknown. There was no way to prepare for the case study but it was not too difficult. It seemed that they were looking for your thought processes and how you would approach the topic from an auditing standpoint.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Filled out the application. About 10 minutes later got an email saying to sign up for the conference call. Conference call lasted 10-15 minutes; at the end signed up for testing. Testing was 3 parts, mostly personality test and the call center simulation. Passed the tests and got the interview the same day. Two days later got a "soft" offer pending my background test. The next week my background test passed and got the job offer. Process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • The manager gave me a scenario where I has to firmly tell him his phone wouldn't be on without paying a past due balance.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

ATT Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

easy hiring process applied online application process is about an hour called within 2 days had 1interview for about an 45 mins - to an hour two business days later contacted via email and passed onto back ground/ drug test

Interview Questions
    • name a difficult situation how did you handle how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Hiring process is very long. Took 6 months to go through the hiring process. Your given tests that do not have anything to do about the job your applying for. Then you go through about 2 months of endless training. The do poll climbing first week then if you make it through that they do safety next. They say safety is always first, then why make somebody climb a poll with spikes on your ankels with out any safety training?

What negotiation you take what they give you or don't take anything at all

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

I actually went in to apply for a Sales Support Representative with AT&T. I filled out an application in June '14 online. I got a response about a month and a half later. I received a call from a recruiter for an interview at the local corporate office, then got a callback to go interview with a store manager. Manager felt like I was overqualified and asked me if I was sure I wanted the position I applied for. She said she would be in touch with me but I left the interview with a good feeling. I then receive a call back from the recruiter for another interview with another store manager the following week for a Retail Sales Consultant. Interview went well but again the manager said he has other interviews to do and at&t will be in touch with me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with a fellow coworker. How did you resolve it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do and how did the customer feel when you left?   Answer Question
    Really. Just be yourself. Go in with confidence. Smile A lot. My recruiter said that my smiling made my interview. Don't be nervous. If you truly have experience with customers, show your your experience by treating them as if they were your customer.