AT&T

Average Difficulty
1,279 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frankfort, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process does take a while from the time you apply but it is certainly worth the wait. For me, I was referred by a friend who is an AT&T engineer. With his recommendation of me, I was able to get an interview within 2 weeks time.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all. Just common interview questions.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process is easy, but time consuming.
• Applied on AT&T's website, completed personality test.
• Phone interview by an AT&T hiring contractor.
• In person interview with a centralized hiring manager.
• In person interview with a store manager.
• Background check, drug test.

The background check company HireRight contacts everyone with a "request for information to assist with background check". Basically, each person needs to scan and send copies of their last W2.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a similar pay offer on a fixed M-F 8-5 shift.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the May 28th

Phone interview on June 9th

1 on 1 interview with HR on June 10th

Interview w/ Store Manager & ASM on June 10th ( same day )

AT THIS POINT, I WOULD SAY ITS SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE OFFERED THE JOB. --- HR does not call on weekends, so don't expect anything. ---- June 19th- was told that I was selected for the position. Was Offered the position June 20th explained pay rate, drug test, background check was offered $14.95+ commission I start training either July 10th or August 4th depending on when background comes back

Interview Question – Name a time you had to break company policy to complete a task   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $14.95 an hour was more than what I asked for.

Union City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then face to face with Area Manager. nothing else to add. it was easy and fair. 30 words is too long of a process. It should be shorter.

Interview Question – How to stay motivated. How to exceed goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. union pay.

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied in-person and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – I interviewed people for retail sale consultant positions through open call hiring fair type of events. We would bring people in and interview them on behalf of the company. We made the decision of who we would hire and who we wouldn't. If a person wore a tie and didn't cuss in the job interview, they were better than 1/3 of the interviewees. (If you are submitting a resume online you will almost certainly have to have some sort of sales job on the application.) We were looking for people who had sales experience, great personality, good attitude and a willingness to work late and weekends. If people weren't interested in working retail hours, there's no point in them showing up. Once someone has reached some seniority, they have some flexibility in schedule. Everyone was essentially asked the same set of questions. They are asked to tell us about a time they overcame an objection or how they dealt with conflict. Interviewers select from a long list of possible questions. Be confident and have a good time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you would do it differently.   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online less than a week ago and got an email yesterday from the hiring manager, saying he wanted to do a phone interview. I literally just graduated from high school a month ago and am looking for a full-time job. He said that this is a very demanding job, it's very competitive, but the benefits seem great. He was very forthcoming about everything expected of a new-hire, which I was impressed with. Most employers try to just sell you on the job, but he made it clear that it's not for everyone, and I honestly don't think it's for me. He did mention that you need a month's worth of training, but you will be paid salary plus full commission during that time. The starting pay here, in Colorado Springs, is typically $13/hr and then if you meet or exceed sales goals, he said you can make up to $50,000 a year. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what I was told. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. He just went over what is required and expected, told me how demanding the job is, and asked me some questions about myself. Mainly, he wanted to know what my sales and customer service background is, which is limited seeing as I'm right out of high school. He also wanted to know what I thought my future with the company would be. As long as you're personable, it's a pretty easy and straightforward interview. Nothing too hard. It was actually the easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out among your peers when it comes to sales?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The money is really good, but I don't think the job is a good fit for me. I love customers, and I love interacting with people, but it seems like the biggest thing with this company is the numbers, and that's just not for me. It seems like a great job for someone really competitive, who is willing to give up a lot of their personal time, and sacrifice for the company. It's also a union job, so I would have to pay monthly union dues. I'm not against unions, but I don't really want to be a part of one personally. I'm not ready to give up my life for a company that I'm not even sure I'll love working for. That's why I declined.

Amarillo, TX

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – First I received a phone interview and had to state my experience with sales and if I was available retail hours. Then I was given info on my first interview. The first interview the hr manager went over job and expectations then we went into a few interview questions I had to answer.

Interview Question – What conflict I've had with other co-workers and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – There was about 3 interviews, phone, 1 on 1, and in-store. Phone interview ask you the basics things like your job experience. Second interview goes in depth and asks about experience from previous jobs. Third interview ask you about your skill set and what you would bring to the team if you are hired.

Interview Question – What are you're weaknesses and how did you over come them?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process:
Application (online) --> HR assessment/questionnaire (personality based questions- You have 48 hours to complete this section) --> HR Manager Phone Interview --> Regional Hiring Manager Interview --> Store Manager Interview --> Background Check/Drug Test --> Job Offer --> Month-long training

HR Interview - Straightforward inquiries regarding previous experience, availability, and contact information.

Regional Hiring Manager Interview - The toughest part of the process overall. Dress professionally (suit not required, tie recommended). Bring a few copies of your resume and print out a list of questions to ask after the interview. Bring a pen, and be sure to have a folio or something to carry your resume in. Try not to look nervous (fidgeting, posture, etc) and speak clearly. Follow the STAR (Situation - Task - Action - Result) method to keep your answers concise but sufficient. READ UP ON THE COMPANY! (Yearly/quarterly reports/social media page/etc.)

Questions:
Why did you choose AT&T over other competitors? Why do you want to work for AT&T?
How can your previous experience help you in this industry? Describe a difficult customer interaction and how you solved it.
How do you deal with stress? What is your greatest weakness? What are your strengths?
What do you know about AT&T? What can you do for AT&T?

Be sure to ASK questions after the interview. This is very important and it shows that you genuinely care. The interviewer had a massive stack of resumes and said that he had a lot of candidates, which was intimidating. I received a call the next day from the interviewer and scheduled an interview with the store managers for the next day.

Store Manager(s) Interview - Same as before (dress professionally, bring copies of your resume in a folio, have questions listed/ready). This was significantly easier than the previous interview, but it lasted about an hour (I had a lot of questions and wanted to have a conversation with the managers).

Questions:
How do you deal with irate customers?
Describe a normal sales interaction with a customer.
How does your previous experience relate to this job?
Tell us a little about your education/previous job/etc

Be sure to show genuine enthusiasm and concern. Give specific examples and use the STAR method.

The hiring process lasted about 3 weeks for me. The background check is ridiculously thorough and the drug test is straightforward but must be done within 24-48 hours of receiving the job offer email

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other candidates?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – Got a chance to attend an interview. Went to the location, there were 3 managers interviewing 3 people at the same time. Questions are typical past job experiences and what you can bring to the table. They are very specific so make sure you think of the things you can highlight about your past jobs before going to the interview. Not hard at all.

Interview Question – Nothing really. They will ask you what is the hardest situation you've been in while working for your past employer.   View Answer