AT&T

1,337 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

I knew someone internally who referred me to a hiring manager for the position I was interested in. I applied online and received an interview request 2 weeks later. I set up an appointment for a phone interview which happened 1 week after getting an interview request. The phone call went very smooth. 2 weeks after the interview, I received an offer. From submission of application to acceptance of offer, it took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the main characteristics you believe a leader should have?   Answer Question

AT&T Mobility RSC Interview

step 1: online assessment that you have to pass to get a call for the hiring interview.
    step 2: interview with hiring manager at corporate office which if you pass would lead to the interview with a store manager.
    step 3: interview with store manager at either the location you are being hired for or to be sent to another location.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in a team or individually? Why?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

in person interview with several people. received a phone call soon after that i was hired and started training right away. it was not a difficult interview process. majority of the question asked were plain and easy to answer. if you know mobile you can land it easily

Senior IT Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Weeks after submitting my online application, I was notified by e-mail that my application had been accepted and reviewed. The e-mail also informed that based on my experience and qualifications, I was selected to be interviewed. The e-mail contained a hyper-link to the video interview portal. I was instructed to complete the interview as soon as possible. I successfully completed the video interview and was notified of its' receipt by the Big Data recruiting team. That has been two weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything else.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that I was assigned a task and failed to complete it and what did I learn from the experience.   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

I didn't get very far as I completed their online questionnaire and application and shortly thereafter received an email stating they weren't interested and they'd keep my information on file.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were pretty tricky as you weren't sure what the best answer would be.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

The initial interview was relatively easy. It was a sit-down interview where they basically discussed personal characteristics about me. They also told me the hourly wage and what the job entails. The second interview allowed me to get in touch with the manager of the location that I would potentially be working.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a difficult customer to handle in the past and I did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Got a call on 8-15-14 to set up an interview with the Hiring Manager. Went on the interview on 8-18-14. I came into the interview thinking he would hammer me down with questions. I get there and the whole time on the interview he wanted me to ask him questions. The vibe I got was that he wasn't even interested because the whole time he was playing on his iPad and phone and he was saying how he interviewed 5 candidates already and had more tomorrow. It was nothing like I would have expected.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you persuaded someone to do something. (Friend, Coworker, Boss), Name a time where you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in November 2010.

Interviewed with 3-4 managers over the phone (I lived out of state). Questions included, "tell me a time when you were tasked with a responsibility..." and "how did you handle disagreements among team members." To prepare for these type of questions, think STAR: Situation, Task, Action, Results.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't come across any difficult questions since I had 8+ years of experience for the roleI was applying for. Perhaps the most difficult question at the time was "how do you query 3rd party partners for a business solution they want to implement at ATT."   Answer Question
    There was very little wiggle room on salary but they did pay my relocation expenses.

Billing Ops Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T.

1on1 with Team Lead and Center Manager. A peer was assigned to show me the warehouse. Very informal. The initial interviewer recommended me to his boss for final one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    Governed by Human Resource Job Title protocols.