AT&T

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,342 Interview Reviews

2.7

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

1st step is a phone interview. A recruiter will contact you and ask you basic qualifications and if you are willing to relocate. Here is where you make a good first impression. Recruiter will be in contact with you throughout process.

2nd step is a online interview. You'll see a short pre-recorded video where a retail manager will ask you an interview question. You have 3 seconds to think of an answer before it begins recording you. Once you are done, you push stop. Total of 6-8 questions.

3rd step is another online interview with initial recruiter. Make sure you know how to use the STAR method (Situation/Task, Action, Result). My recruiter wanted me to answer all questions in that format.

4th step is a phone interview with recruiters' boss. More behavioral based questions with STAR responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time your integrity was compromised. How did you handle it and would you have handled it differently?

Tell me about a time you had to change someone's way of thinking. What did you do and what was the result?

Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you realize it and what did you do to change it?

Basic questions about retail experience, leadership experience, personal experience.
        Answer Question
    Salary is non-negotiable. AT&T provides housing during program and program start date is negotiable.

Associate Director Interview

The process was efficient and timely. Interview was standard. nothing tricky or creative. The job was accurately described.
    I was asked to interview and the interview was completed within two weeks on a single day.
    I had most of my communication with the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Simple, polite back and forth.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
    If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
    For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

I was first contacted by an hiring manager and went through the initial interviewed. Then I proceeded to a second interview with a Store manager. After a week of my second interview a third manager contacted me with the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. I wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was called a week after the interviewed and the offered was made and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

I knew someone internally who referred me to a hiring manager for the position I was interested in. I applied online and received an interview request 2 weeks later. I set up an appointment for a phone interview which happened 1 week after getting an interview request. The phone call went very smooth. 2 weeks after the interview, I received an offer. From submission of application to acceptance of offer, it took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the main characteristics you believe a leader should have?   Answer Question

AT&T Mobility RSC Interview

step 1: online assessment that you have to pass to get a call for the hiring interview.
    step 2: interview with hiring manager at corporate office which if you pass would lead to the interview with a store manager.
    step 3: interview with store manager at either the location you are being hired for or to be sent to another location.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in a team or individually? Why?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

in person interview with several people. received a phone call soon after that i was hired and started training right away. it was not a difficult interview process. majority of the question asked were plain and easy to answer. if you know mobile you can land it easily

Senior IT Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Weeks after submitting my online application, I was notified by e-mail that my application had been accepted and reviewed. The e-mail also informed that based on my experience and qualifications, I was selected to be interviewed. The e-mail contained a hyper-link to the video interview portal. I was instructed to complete the interview as soon as possible. I successfully completed the video interview and was notified of its' receipt by the Big Data recruiting team. That has been two weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything else.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that I was assigned a task and failed to complete it and what did I learn from the experience.   View Answer