AT&T

Updated Feb 24, 2015
1,528 Interview Reviews

2.7

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

I went onto the AT&T careers page. I submitted my information and resume. I was then invited to take an assessment. I passed the initial assessment. Then I got another assessment about honesty and drug use; I failed that assessment. The assessments use psychological tests to "weed" people out.

If you normally fail personality tests for jobs like Target, Macy's, Walmart, etc..., then this is much worse and I pray for you.

If you are a person that always tries to do the right thing, you are put at a disadvantage because the social desirability measure essentially calls you a liar. For instance, if you say that you try not to litter, they will assume that you are lying. If you say that you have never thought about stealing money from work, they will think that you are lying; I have never worked in a job that had money so how can they call me a liar when I say that I didn't have thoughts about stealing it?

If you are completely honest with them and your thoughts and opinions don't line up, good luck...

The only way to pass this assessment is to trick the system. Even if you don't litter, admit to it because they think that everyone litters... I have only been able to pass one of these so called psychological tests once at Macy's in 2011.

T-Mobile and Sprint's interview process is way more straightforward and probably has more validity to the retail shopping experience; they just want to know how good of a sales person you would be and they do not assume that their potential employees are inherently dishonest. Really AT&T, do you think that you can predict when a person will steal using a poorly constructed survey? I probably can answer that because numerous self-reported employees and customers claim that AT&T is an expert on stealing money from its dwindling fan base.

The only positive thing to this process was that they kept good communication and feedback; they let you know immediately if you are still being considered or not.

Interview Questions
    • If you knew that a family member was stealing, would you report it to management?
      probably no
      probably yes

View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T.

Management conducts the interviews they asked me if I was committed for at least 1 year. They asked me if I could multi task well and if I had reliable transportation

there was none

Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

You have to take your time and do all the personality, skills tests, typing test, and interviews to be place din a training class of 3 months then in training you have to take more tests to show understanding of the material which will determine if you will succeed at the company.

Web Developer/UI Developer Interview

Was told that he likes people that are creative, so you need to be an artist or musician or something to get them interested. Was told most people were given an hour to interview, but I was only given 20-30 minutes due to a meeting. Interview was brief since I was kind of put in for a shorter slot than others, so I felt as if I was just thrown in there to have another person in a required interviewee quota. Was asked if I was a Spurs fan at one point, not sure why it mattered. Not everyone wants to waste their life watching hours of sports.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Very quick but thorough process. First there was an over the phone interview with a recruiter, then an in person interview. I had to wait less than a week to hear back from them.

Wire Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

About 4 or 5 managers get together and have a group " realistic interview" in which they are supposed to try and talk you out of joining. They tell you how your working in all kind of weather, pulling cable, working under homes and in attics and that you can get all the overtime you want. What they don't tell you is that overtime is mandatory and you will work until they tell you to stop. After that you meet with one of the managers for a one on one and ask the basic questions like why your a good fit and where you see yourself in 5 yrs. The one on one is no big deal the determining factor to get the job is simply passing their assessment. You do that, the rest is formality.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, your pay is mostly based on the area you live in and what you may have made in your last position.

Bilingual Sales Consultant Interview

Applied online and did questionnaire, which was long. Contacted by recruiter, and scheduled a call center test. After, was contacted for a phone interview w/ other recruiter, which then scheduled an in person interview. Once passed that in person interview, was scheduled for a language proficiency test for spanish on the phone. Normal drug tests as well. Process took about a month.

Wire Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

The Process was very slow, took about 4 months total. This involves testing, physical and drug test. You will then go in for a job preview to explain the job as well then the interview is performed. The interview was very basic, explain a problem you had and how you solved it, Why are you qualified for this job etc.

No Negotiation, however they gave me credit for former experience and degree.

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

Filled out an online app, interviewed with one manager that was more of a legit interview, then met with a second manager on a different day to see how well I'd mesh with the team. Then completed background check & drug test

Interview Questions
    Originally offered less than what I really wanted, but after providing more work experience on my online AT&T profile they bumped up my wage.

Co-op Position Atlanta Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AT&T in January 2015.

Applied online and received a call the next hour to schedule an in person interview. I was interviewed by a representative in person and another on their intercom system. All behavioral questions to determine if I was a good fit. Experience was less of an interview more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Give us three words that describe you.   View Answer