AT&T

2.7

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

The process has been great so far no over the phone interview, they wanted me to come straight in for a one on one talk, probably because I have had sales experience in the past, which made our conversation very exciting since we both knew how to feel each other out in conversation I found out that me and his wife have the same favorite animal which was also helpful in creating a good basis.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied online, was sent the assessment invite, and contacted 2 days later by a recruiter. We had a brief conversation about why I thought AT&T was a good fit, she asked about my previous work experience, and if I was able to work in a retail environment with many long hours. She progressed me to a second phone interview with a district recruiter. This call was about 45 minutes long and is much more extensive than the first. Be prepared to give specific examples of customer service and sales in your previous positions. Afterwards, she told me I would either hear from the direct store manager to set up a final interview or I wouldn't. I did, a few hours later, and we set up an interview for the following week. They are sticklers for being on time (they suggest you arrive 15 min early at a minimum) and you are told to dress very professionally and bring copies of your resume with you. At the final interview, you're asked pretty much identical questions to what you've answered previously, but the manager will go more in depth and really pry. Ask questions when the opportunity arises. It impresses them.

Interview Questions
    • If you could tell me one thing that you could do over, what would it be? It doesn't have to be professionally.   Answer Question

I chose a company with higher compensation.

Bilingual Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied for the job posting through the corporate website on Sept. 13th. Right after I applied, it asked me to take an assessment test that can take about an hour or so to complete. It has personality questions, complex questions, and also you listen to some "phone calls" and answer questions. After that, it asks you to take a typing test, and you get a call asking you 3 pre-recorded questions asking you how you would handle those 3 questions.

On Sept 17th, I received a call from a nice lady named Angie asking me questions to see if I was qualified for the position. It was sort of like a phone interview asking me about my employment history and why I left. Then she told me about the position. She said it was technical support for Android and iOS devices. She then told me I would be receiving an email with a link to take a Spanish assessment test. When I received the email, it gave me a phone number to call. The call was all pre-recorded. It asked me 18 questions about general things about how feel about the government, education, current events, your neighborhood, etc. The answers didn't matter. It was just to see how well you spoke Spanish.

I got a call from AT&T again on the 23rd asking me if I can attend an in-person interview the next day. I agreed and commuted 2 hours since I was planning on relocating if I got this job. She told me ahead of time to let the interviewer know that I WILL be relocating so they would further consider me. I made sure to get there ahead of time and to dress business casual, and bring my photo ID and copies of my resume. I was greeted by a nice man at the lobby and he started speaking to me in Spanish right away. Most of the interview was in English, but he asked me to answer a question in Spanish, and he asked me how I would use a greeting and closing of the call in Spanish. He made the interview go so well since he was very nice, funny, and comfortable to talk to. At the end, he asked if I had an questions for him, which I did. Most of these questions are in STAR format (what was the problem, what happened, and the result...like if you're telling them a story about the situation from beginning to end). And please, ALWAYS have questions for the interviewer. It shows you're interested in the position, and it also gives you more information about the company to see if it's a good fit for you. The interview lasted about an hour. After the interview, I made sure to email a "thank you" email.

On the 29th, I got a call telling me they are giving me a conditional job offer depending on my background and drug checks. Super excited, I agreed, and she sent me emails to go to the HireRight site to fill out some questions. It is going to ask you questions about your education, employment history, and any convictions. After I filled it out, I received an email about going to a lab for the drug testing. I went the next day since I received the email after hours.

The results came back a little longer than expected. so I called Angie on Oct. 7th and she told me she received the results and that I was approved and she was working on the final offer. She told me she was a little tied up and she would let me know. I called again today which is the 10th of Oct, and she told me she would try to call me back today, which she did. She then gave me the final offer, and then she sent me some email to fill out my I-9 info and a welcome email with the salary info (which I was pleased with the starting rate), start date, address, and who I will be reporting to. I'm starting on Nov 3rd, so it will give me plenty of time to relocate. Now that I have proof of employment, my only headache now is looking for an apartment! I'm so excited because I love call center customer service and I love gadgets, especially smartphones, so it's a great fit and I feel like I'll really enjoy working with AT&T!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to help a customer that was out of your control, and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • How do you interpret policy and procedure?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the starting salary. It was in the higher end of the range.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied online, and heard back the next day from a recruiter who asked basic questions to see if I was qualified for an interview. An in person was set up for the next week with two store manager (a mini hiring event).

The interview asked basic HR questions and specific questions related to experience that one might have in the store with customers. After the interview, I was told that I should hear a response "very soon" as they were starting a training class in October.

Almost a month later, I haven't heard back at all, one way or the other, so I assumed I didn't get the position. It's a joke that their job application website says "Applying for a job shouldn’t be a waiting game. That’s why we do our best to keep you in the loop."

I got a job with another company and would not suggest working for AT&T because they don't have the decency of treating job candidates with professionalism.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Associate Director Interview

The process was efficient and timely. Interview was standard. nothing tricky or creative. The job was accurately described.
    I was asked to interview and the interview was completed within two weeks on a single day.
    I had most of my communication with the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Simple, polite back and forth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
    I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
    When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

No negotions

AT&T Mobility RSC Interview

step 1: online assessment that you have to pass to get a call for the hiring interview.
    step 2: interview with hiring manager at corporate office which if you pass would lead to the interview with a store manager.
    step 3: interview with store manager at either the location you are being hired for or to be sent to another location.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in a team or individually? Why?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

I didn't get very far as I completed their online questionnaire and application and shortly thereafter received an email stating they weren't interested and they'd keep my information on file.

Interview Questions
    • All of them were pretty tricky as you weren't sure what the best answer would be.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

in person interview with several people. received a phone call soon after that i was hired and started training right away. it was not a difficult interview process. majority of the question asked were plain and easy to answer. if you know mobile you can land it easily