AT&T

2.7

Wire Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Lengthy hiring process. It took about a month and a week to get hired on. I took the assessment and found out that I was qualified. I then went to a recruiting event at a local hotel which just happened to be the same day as my assessment. I was hoping that this would expedite the interview process, which it did. My interview was very short since it was conducted at a hiring event. I thing my case was a bit uncommon; the interviews are usually longer than the 10 minute one that I had.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very standard and I was not asked many since my interview was so short. If you Google common interview questions then you will likely find every question that I was asked online somewhere.   View Answer
    I topped out for this position so there was no room for negotiation. I have heard that even if you do not start out at top pay, there is not much room to negotiate your salary.

Splicing Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview with second level supervisor. I had a telephone interview. Then we had a face to face interview. A few weeks we had another interview by telephone. Job was offered I accepted.

Interview Questions
    there was none. Be sure to talk with your family

Sales Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

First there was an assessment online then a phone interview and then I interviewed with three different managers. I spoke to a regional manager and he forwarded my resume to two other store managers. One of those store managers was extremely rude he didn't even look at my face when interviewing the other one which offerred me the position was a lot more friendly he seemed to be going based of a sheet.
    *basically be super upbeat, friendly and smile a lot that's what they're looking for someone who is upbeat and friendly

Interview Questions
    • Why AT&T?
      How does your previous experience apply to Att?
      Role play scenario with an angry customer
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retail Sales Representative Interview

first you go thru the online process and take an aptitude test. Once you pass it you will get a phone interview. After that you will be contacted by email by the regional hiring manager. She/He will schedule an interview on the store that is closest to the location you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The question about irate customers. What will you do with one?   View Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online about 2 months ago, received a call from an HR recruiting company, asked a few questions to see if you fit the job, gave interview with store, arrived at interview date along with 50 others. It was a large hiring event after all, waiting for news this and next week as told.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation where a coworker was breaking the rules?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I received an email from a recruiter scheduling interviews. In reality, they were pre-screen interviews. She was very unprofessional and never told me which store I was interviewing at. I had to call her repeatedly, then she gave me a nasty response. I arrived at the interview early and sat for around 10 minutes. The employees just looked it me. It was awkward. The interviewer finished with the interview before me, and was very friendly. The whole time was nonchalant and laid back. She as smiling the whole time and laughing. In the end I never heard back and realize she wasn't considering me atall, it was a joke to her.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied online, was sent the assessment invite, and contacted 2 days later by a recruiter. We had a brief conversation about why I thought AT&T was a good fit, she asked about my previous work experience, and if I was able to work in a retail environment with many long hours. She progressed me to a second phone interview with a district recruiter. This call was about 45 minutes long and is much more extensive than the first. Be prepared to give specific examples of customer service and sales in your previous positions. Afterwards, she told me I would either hear from the direct store manager to set up a final interview or I wouldn't. I did, a few hours later, and we set up an interview for the following week. They are sticklers for being on time (they suggest you arrive 15 min early at a minimum) and you are told to dress very professionally and bring copies of your resume with you. At the final interview, you're asked pretty much identical questions to what you've answered previously, but the manager will go more in depth and really pry. Ask questions when the opportunity arises. It impresses them.

Interview Questions
    • If you could tell me one thing that you could do over, what would it be? It doesn't have to be professionally.   Answer Question

I chose a company with higher compensation.

Bilingual Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

I applied for the job posting through the corporate website on Sept. 13th. Right after I applied, it asked me to take an assessment test that can take about an hour or so to complete. It has personality questions, complex questions, and also you listen to some "phone calls" and answer questions. After that, it asks you to take a typing test, and you get a call asking you 3 pre-recorded questions asking you how you would handle those 3 questions.

On Sept 17th, I received a call from a nice lady named Angie asking me questions to see if I was qualified for the position. It was sort of like a phone interview asking me about my employment history and why I left. Then she told me about the position. She said it was technical support for Android and iOS devices. She then told me I would be receiving an email with a link to take a Spanish assessment test. When I received the email, it gave me a phone number to call. The call was all pre-recorded. It asked me 18 questions about general things about how feel about the government, education, current events, your neighborhood, etc. The answers didn't matter. It was just to see how well you spoke Spanish.

I got a call from AT&T again on the 23rd asking me if I can attend an in-person interview the next day. I agreed and commuted 2 hours since I was planning on relocating if I got this job. She told me ahead of time to let the interviewer know that I WILL be relocating so they would further consider me. I made sure to get there ahead of time and to dress business casual, and bring my photo ID and copies of my resume. I was greeted by a nice man at the lobby and he started speaking to me in Spanish right away. Most of the interview was in English, but he asked me to answer a question in Spanish, and he asked me how I would use a greeting and closing of the call in Spanish. He made the interview go so well since he was very nice, funny, and comfortable to talk to. At the end, he asked if I had an questions for him, which I did. Most of these questions are in STAR format (what was the problem, what happened, and the result...like if you're telling them a story about the situation from beginning to end). And please, ALWAYS have questions for the interviewer. It shows you're interested in the position, and it also gives you more information about the company to see if it's a good fit for you. The interview lasted about an hour. After the interview, I made sure to email a "thank you" email.

On the 29th, I got a call telling me they are giving me a conditional job offer depending on my background and drug checks. Super excited, I agreed, and she sent me emails to go to the HireRight site to fill out some questions. It is going to ask you questions about your education, employment history, and any convictions. After I filled it out, I received an email about going to a lab for the drug testing. I went the next day since I received the email after hours.

The results came back a little longer than expected. so I called Angie on Oct. 7th and she told me she received the results and that I was approved and she was working on the final offer. She told me she was a little tied up and she would let me know. I called again today which is the 10th of Oct, and she told me she would try to call me back today, which she did. She then gave me the final offer, and then she sent me some email to fill out my I-9 info and a welcome email with the salary info (which I was pleased with the starting rate), start date, address, and who I will be reporting to. I'm starting on Nov 3rd, so it will give me plenty of time to relocate. Now that I have proof of employment, my only headache now is looking for an apartment! I'm so excited because I love call center customer service and I love gadgets, especially smartphones, so it's a great fit and I feel like I'll really enjoy working with AT&T!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to help a customer that was out of your control, and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • How do you interpret policy and procedure?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the starting salary. It was in the higher end of the range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

ATT Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T in September 2014.

The testing process was unnerving. The computer would not allow a login for me and three others. The computer tech department had to assist in getting us logged on to take the test. Afterwards, I had to retest. My advice is to be prepared to take the test in a very short period of time. The staff administering the tests did not give any advice on how long the tests would take. They only said you would be timed.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions. I am responding to the hiring process.   Answer Question