AT&T

Updated Jan 21, 2015
1,494 Interview Reviews

2.7

Retail Store Manager Interview

Star interview method. Was very formal and not much leeway for improvisation from hiring managers. Not sure this always the best way to qualify / disqualify employees. Structured and well-organized though and timelines for decisions met.

AT&T Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I was hired as a Retail Sales Consultant initially. After one year, was given the opportunity to apply to management position as Assistant Manager. AT&T uses STAR interview process. Be prepared to talk about your sales skills and achievements, and customer service (describe a situation when an angry customer, etc. How did you handle the situation?)

No negotiation. If you have managed employees prior, you might be able to negotiate higher salary.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter about a month later. I did the required drug test and started training 2 weeks later. The interview was conversational; she wanted to see how well I could communicate with customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to an angry customers in a way that would make them responsive to a sales proposal afterwards?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was pretty rigid; I was told that I could make additional compensation based on performance

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in November 2014.

Applied online at Att.com and received a phone call two days later from a recruiter. The recruiter conducted a quick phone screen interview to gauge my interest and talk about my work history and education. After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted for a second interview if I was a good match. Received a call to schedule an in person interview with the central hiring manager within a couple of hours. The second interview was at a corporate store in the area and was about 45 minutes long. It was relaxed and straight forward, we talked about my previous work, education, and future career goals. I was told there would be a third interview if they decided to move forward with me. Within 3 hours I received an email scheduling the third interview with an area manager at a different local store on the same day. The third interview was similar in style as the second and much of the same was discussed. Due to my education and work history I was hired on the spot. Received a continent offer within 5 business days of my last interview. Whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base salary plus commission. Was given a higher base due to having a college degree.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Applied online. Was contacted by email to come in for an interview in-person. Was called a week and a half later with a job offer after a drug screening. The training was a month long, and very rigorous, and consisted of me travelling 3 hours each way for a two day training-vacation.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very team-oriented, but nothing difficult if you've been through one of these generalized corporate form interviews before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T.

you meet with the hiring manager, manager of the store as well as assistant manager. it is a very easy process as long as your "normal" and don't say anything to left field. the longest process is the online tests and drug test, and background. Once you pass that your basically home free.

Leadership Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I applied through my school's career website and was contacted by a recruiter via phone to urge me to also apply online and offered to answer any questions I had. I applied on their website and got a phone call again from the same recruiter saying he would like to interview me. We set up a time to do a FaceTime interview and I was informed that I had to attend a web session before our interview, which was very inconveniently timed and I could not attend it, so I had to listen to a pre recorded version. Pay very close attention to this web session. I even took notes on it but the recruiter asked very specific questions about what was on there and I had a hard time answering them. Recruiter during the interview was arrogant and rude, didn't seem interested in what I was saying, and would twist my answers when repeating them back to me in a way that made me sound awful. After the interview, I basically knew I didn't want this job or to be working for this company at all.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

The hiring process turn about 3 weeks total. The type of questions asked were all behavioral, typical interview questions. As long as you know what the position and what it entitles you will be fine. The interviewer was easy to talk too. I had a great experience.

Emerging Technologies Interview

I met with a recruiter for my college who recommended I apply. After I applied online, I then had a screening phone interview, which was pretty basic, just to make sure I was interested. Then I had two Skype interviews back to back, one behavorial and one technical. I then got my offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write code in an online editor while they watched. It was mostly to test my knowledge of algorithms.   Answer Question

Director, External Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in November 2014.

I applied via an online post I saw on Indeed. I was contacted quickly by the hiring manager and within a week had an interview with him. It was extremely informative with an overview of the position and time for me to talk about how my skills map to the needs. About 2 weeks later I was interview by the hiring manager + 2 regional managers and about two and 1/2 weeks after that heard that they did not select me for the role. It was a very straight-forward process with clear communication throughout and a very thoughtful call to let me know the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. They wanted to know my experience testifying to legislative committees and how much I had worked on regulatory issues at the local level.   Answer Question