AT&T

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T in January 2014.

You will receive a call/email to take the test (which will normally cause you to have to drive MILES to get to the professional center). you will receive your results immediately. If not qualified, sorry buddy, try again. If qualified, sorry buddy, you will not hear from AT&T again....

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

you have to apply online, if you are trying to apply to a corporate AT&T Wireless store. They emailed me a few time to let me know they were interested; that took a while. Then there was a brief over the phone interview. Then I did and in store interview. They just asked basic questions, for the most part, like "why do you want to work for the company", and "have you ever worked for commission" "what would you do about a difficult customer" not in those exact words but that sort of thing. they are just trying to see if you are positive, energetic, and up to the task of dealing with difficult customers and such.

BTW-If you take the job they send you somewhere for a week to train...possible 2 weeks but they should pay for your hotel room and gas and/or plane ticket. (I assume they still do that, It has been a while)

Interview Questions
    • Hmm...I don't really remember. Maybe- "name a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer and save the sale...what happened and how did you deal with it...what was the outcome" something like that.   View Answer
    we would like to offer you X amount per year... x amount in hourly pay and then they went over the commission structure a little...something like that anyhow.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T in August 2012.

First a call from recruiter for surrounding area discussed the job position and the obligation I would be required to meet. Briefly discussed benefits and pay details. Online status went from Resume Forwarded to Manager. Recruiter set up interview with store I applied to and I went to interview with the hiring manager for that store. The interview was rather quick and simply your regular questions discussing customer experiences and sales exp. Manager talked more in detail of benefits and compensation and training if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time failed to close a sale and why was it not closed?   View Answer
    Got a call from recruiter asking for consent for background check and offered a contingent offer of employment on drug/crime test. I mentioned bilingual experience and told me he would get in touch with recruiters from Spanish speaking areas and speak with them and have them call me. Received call back offered a higher wage and I accepted. Contingent offer pending on background check.