AT&T

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Leadership Development Program Interview

MBA Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details – 1st Round Interview.

I don't know how long the entire process will take, I removed myself from consideration via email within a few hours of the interview. The interviewer followed a script of questions with very little regard to personal connection or fit. There were lots of questions, all of which are focused on leading teams of call center type employees who are low skill/education levels. The program was pitched as a top tier program with true business building potential, instead it is mostly focus on call center management.

If this sounds like your dream job, you should expect to see typical behavioral questions that seek to determine your previous or potential future behavior leading these kinds of teams, such as a difficult challenge working with a team, someone whose leadership you admire, etc. Keep in mind to frame these questions in regards to leading teams of call centers, and the level of employees that you would expect there.

They also discussed a video interview that would be evaluated as part of the second round. This further shows the impersonal nature in which the whole process is about. This is a numbers game with them, interviewing numerous candidates with persona detachment. You likely wouldn't be able to determine if you were actually a fit with the company until after you already started.

For those who are interested in the position, I hope this helps. For those who are unsure about the position, hopefully this will provide you with a little more insight that will help you out whichever way you may decide. Good luck.

Interview Question – What would you say at your retirement party in 25 years. What would you want to say.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Leadership Development MBA Program Interview

Leadership Development MBA Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was purely behavioral, the typical questions... tell me a time when you exemplified leadership, tell me a time when you led a project that didn't go the way you planned and how you handled it. The second round was a phone interview and was also behavioral with one mini business related question. My interviewer asked me my first STAR question and then for the remainder of the interview just kept building questions off that one situation. I think the question was tell me about a complex situation that had a lot of stakeholders that were angry and how did you deal with it? She went on to ask me about how I decided upon my options and what metrics I used to determine my ultimate decision, what the result was and what I learned from it. The case Question was related to U-verse and what I would do from an Operations and Strategy perspective to increase the sales of U-verse. After this round they will get back to me in two weeks to let me know if I am invited to Dallas for the third round interview. It is still within two weeks of my second interview so I am not sure if I have an offer just yet...

Interview Question – The case question about U-Verse mentioned above was the most difficult question that I had in the second round interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T Leadership Development MBA Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.